On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Tuesday, 04 September 2018
Blackbutt Car Enthusiasts Club
- The Blackbutt Car Enthusiasts Club will be holding its first Tuesday of the month meeting at the Blackbutt RSL at the corner of Muir and Douglas Streets, Blackbutt at 7:00pm tonight. The club is for motoring enthusiasts - any make, model and vintage are welcome - and in addition to sharing their love of motoring, members take part in monthly runs and attend other local events for Show & Shines. New members are always welcome! More details? Phone Peter on (07) 4170-0289, Chris on 0427-782-573 or Dave on 0499-258-881.
Maidenwell QCWA Meeting
- The Maidenwell branch of the QCWA will be holding their monthly meeting at the Maidenwell Hall Supper Room from 8:45am this morning (when things will kick off with a welcoming cuppa) through until this afternoon. The branch meeting itself will commence at 9:30am and all ladies in the Maidenwell and Bunya Mountains areas are very welcome to come along and meet the other branch members! You can obtain more details by phoning Glenda on (07) 4164 6137 or by emailing her.
Blackbutt Singers - Yarraman
- The Blackbutt Singers will holding their regular Tuesday morning practice session at the Yarraman Community Hall in Browne Street, Yarraman from 9:30am to afround noon this morning. New members are very welcome. More details? Call Judy on (07) 4170-0880.
Elgin Vale QCWA Meeting
- The Elgin Vale branch of the QCWA will be holding their monthly meeting at the Elgin Vale QCWA Rooms at the corner of Manumbar Road and Porters Road, Nanango from 10:00am to around 12:00 noon today. New members are always very welcome! More details? Phone Lois on (07) 4162-3824.
Indoor Bowls - Yarraman
- The Yarraman Indoor Bowls Club will be holding their regular Tuesday morning meeting at the Lutheran Church Hall in McDaniel Street, Yarraman at 9:30am this morning. New members are always welcome.
South Burnett Chorale - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Chorale will be holding their regular Tuesday practice night at the Church of Christ Hall at the corner of Haly and Burnett Streets in Kingaroy from 7:00pm to 9:00pm this evening. The Chorale meets every Tuesday night during school terms, and new members are always very welcome! More details? Phone Margie on 0424-924-632.
Nanango Scout Club
- The Nanango Scout Club - which meets every Tuesday night during school terms - will be holding its regular weekly meeting at the Scout Den at 40 Henry Street, Nanango (just next to the police station) from 5:30pm to around 7:00pm tonight. The group currently has three sections in operation: Joeys (for children aged 6 to 8 years); Cubs (8-11 years); and Scouts (11-15 years). New members are always very welcome, and so are new leaders and youth members for all sections. More details? Phone Shirley Masnata on (07) 4163-7455 or send her an email.
Tuesday Night Indoor Bowls - Wondai
- The Wondai Indoor Bowls Club will be holding its regular Tuesday meeting at the Wondai Town Hall in Mackenzie Street, Wondai at 7:30pm this evening. Three games of 12 ends are played, lasting up to three hours, and playing fees are $3. New members are always welcome and you can find out more details by phoning secretary Christine Rasmussen at Wondai on (07) 4169-0995, Maryanne Pearce at Tingoora on (07) 4169 0776, or Faye Holding at Goomeri on (07) 4168 4494.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at the old railway station building at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston for its regular Tuesday meeting today, kicking off with a cuppa at 9:00am. The meeting will run until around noon, and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Geoff on 0439-694-000.
Tuesday Social Bowls - Nanango
- The Nanango Bowls Club in Henry Street, Nanango will be holding social lawn bowls games from 12:30pm this afternoon. Dress standard is mufti and new players are very welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-3363.
Tuesday Morning Card Games - Yarraman
- Heritage House at 26 Millar Street in Yarraman will be hosting its weekly Tuesday morning 500 card games from 10:00am to around 1:00pm today, followed by a light lunch. Playing fees - which include lunch and a lucky door prize ticket - are just $5. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Heritage House on (07) 4163-8111.
Tuesday Morning Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the rear of the Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 9:00am to around 11:30am this morning. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Danny's Diner - Kingaroy
- Danny's Diner - a free community dinner - will be held at the Uniting Church Hall at the corner of Alford and Youngman streets in Kingaroy from 5:30pm to 7:00pm tonight. The dinner is an initiative of the Kingaroy District Ministry Association for the benefit of anyone who's hungry or otherwise doing it tough. While an RSVP isn't essential, it would be appreciated to help plan the catering. You can make one by phoning Lenelle on (07) 4162-8482. You can also read more about Danny's Diner on our website.
Tuesday Night Trivia - Kingaroy
- Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy will be holding its regular Tuesday Night Trivia games this evening. Registrations start at 6:30pm and play starts at 7:00pm. Registration is just $2 and play is in teams of six. More details from the RSL: (07) 4162-1755.
Tuesday Night AFL - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Saints AFL Club will be holding their regular Tuesday night training session at Lyle Vidler Oval in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) at 5:30pm. The Saints field male, female and junior teams and train every Tuesday and Friday night. New players are always welcome.
South Burnett Mountain Bike Club - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Mountain Bike Club will be holding its monthly meeting at the Commercial Hotel at the corner of Glendon and Haly Streets, Kingaroy at 6:30pm this evening. The club caters for mountain bike riding enthusiasts and in addition to regular rides, has built an extensive series of mountain bike cycling tracks in the McEuen Forestry area in Wondai. Potential new members are very welcome!
Alcoholics Anonymous - Nanango
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Nanango every Tuesday from 6:30pm at the Catholic Church Hall in Alfred Street (next to St Patrick's school). For more information, phone 0427-289-990.
Tuesday, 04 September 2018