On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Saturday, 03 November 2018
8th Annual Murgon Music Muster
- The fifth (and main) day of the 8th annual Murgon Music Muster will be held at the Murgon Showgrounds in Macalister Street today, and will feature a free Bush Poet's Breakfast from 7:00am to 9:00am, followed by a main stage concert that will run from 9:00am to 9:00pm featuring performers that include Adam Harvey, Graham Rodger, Brad Butcher, Johanna Hemara, Brendan Radford, Phoebe Jay, Heath Milner, Clarrie Weller, Chris & Viv Boys, Clyde Cameron, Jack Viljoen, Amber Goldsmith, Robert Hopkins, Rosanna Ruddick and Stuart Watson. Tickets for today's concert are $35 for adults and $17.50 for young people aged 12 to 18 (under 12s are free). The Muster will conclude tomorrow, and you can find out more details about it on the Murgon Music Muster website.
Drought Relief Comedy Night - Kingaroy
- Don't let the storms fool you ... the drought isn't over and local farmers still need help! Five Brisbane comedians are coming to Kingaroy from 7:00pm until late tonight to help raise spirits and much-needed funds for Graham House (who will then distribute assistance to local farming families in need). The fun night will be held at Ant Hill - the Kingaroy Red Ants' club house at T.J. O'Neill Oval in Youngman Street, Kingaroy. This 18-years-and-over event (the comedy acts contain some adult content) will also feature music by local band RiSA. Cost is $40 per person, which includes a steak burger. Tickets are available at Raine & Horne, Kingaroy; Something's Country, Kingaroy; and Graham House, Murgon; or call Simon on 0408-459-524. Some may also be available at the door unless sold out.
Nanango Country Markets
- The Nanango Show Society will be holding their regular monthly Country Markets at the Nanango Showgrounds in Cairns Street from 6:00am to around 12:00 noon today. As usual, the markets will feature a wide variety of craft stalls, new and used goods, plants, poultry and pets. The Nanango Markets are the largest rural market in south east Queensland and attract up to 420 stallholders. But new stallholders are always very welcome too! More info? Phone the Market Co-Ordinator on (0427) 631-273 during business hours.
Music: Count Us In - Kingaroy
- A combined schools massed choir performance will be held in the Kingaroy Town Hall Forecourt, in Glendon Street, from 9:45am this morning. Choirs from several local schools will be performing on the Town Hall steps as part of a nationwide initiative by Music Australia. A sausage sizzle and coffee van will be on hand, too. Admission is free and everyone is welcome.
Rural Tennis Roadshow - Blackbutt
- The Sunshine Coast Rural Tennis Roadshow, in conjunction with KT Tennis Academy, will be holding a free tennis clinic and exhibition matches at the Blackbutt Tennis Club in Hart Street, Blackbutt (just up the road from the Radnor Hotel) from 9:00am to 12:00 noon this morning. The roadshow aims to raise the profile of tennis in rural areas and there'll be giveaways and prizes, free tennis clinics for adults and children, a jumping castle and more! Drinks and a sausage sizzle will be available for purchase, and any gold coin donations will go to the Blackbutt Tennis Club. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Nick on 0411-762-342 or Noeleen on 0458-539-821.
Rural Tennis Roadshow - Kingaroy
- The Sunshine Coast Rural Tennis Roadshow, in conjunction with KT Tennis Academy, will be holding a free tennis clinic and exhibition matches at the Kingaroy Tennis Club in Oliver Bond Street, Kingaroy from 3:00pm to 6:00pm this afternoon. The roadshow aims to raise the profile of tennis in rural areas. There'll be giveaways and prizes, free tennis clinics for adults and children, a jumping castle and more! Everyone is welcome, and any gold coin donations will go to the Kingaroy Tennis Club.
Proston Social Bowls Afternoon
- The Proston Bowls Club in Murphy Way, Proston will be holding a social bowls afternoon from 1:30pm today, followed by a BBQ. Bowls will be supplied, no prior knowledge about how to play bowls is required (club members will supply tuition) and guests only need to wear soft flat-soled shoes, thongs or go barefoot - the emphasis is on socialising and fun, and everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Jan on 0438-681-840 or John on 0427-454-900.
Dance - Inverlaw Hall
- A dance will be held at Inverlaw Hall on the Burrandowan Road (roughly 20km from Kingaroy) from 8:00pm until late this evening. Music will be supplied by Toptunes and there'll be the usual great supper and novelties, along with a Lucky Door draw. Admission fees are $10.00 for adults, $5.00 for high school students and everyone is welcome! More details? Phone June on (07) 4162-1195 or David on 0459-228-882.
Swing Magic At The Palace Ballroom - Nanango
- The Palace Hotel in Drayton Street, Nanango will be holding an other of their popular swing jazz nights in the hotel's ballroom from 6:00pm to around 10:00pm this evening. Tickets are $30, which includes entry, a light supper and a night of great entertainment. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 4163-1287.
The Stepping Stones - Kingaroy
- Popular local duo The Stepping Stones will be performing at the Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy from 7:00pm until 11:00pm tonight. Admission is free. More details from the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Art Exhibition Opening - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Regional Art Gallery in Haly Street, Kingaroy (opposite the peanut silos) will be opening its November exhibition at 11:00am this morning. This month's exhibition will feature works by contemporary Indigenous artist Niketa Law in the main gallery, and Australian landscapes, birds and animals by artist Marilyn Leitch in the second gallery. Everyone is welcome and admission is free. After today's official opening, both exhibitions will remain on display from 10:00am to 4:00pm Mondays to Fridays, and 10:00am to 2:00pm on weekends, until the end of the month.
Bill Baker Trad Shoot - Nanango
- The Barambah Bowhunters & Field Archers Association will be holding the Bill Baker Trad Shoot at their field off the D'Aguilar Highway south of Nanango from 9:00am to 4:00pm today. Spectators are welcome.
- The Proston Car Rally Club will be holding their quarterly CAMS Khanacross Multiclub Rally at their racing track this weekend (the club's track is located 7.5km west of Proston on the Proston-Boondooma Road). Racing will commence around 8:00am this morning and conclude around 2:00pm tomorrow. There'll also be burnouts from around 5:30pm tonight. Up to 50 cars attend Proston Rally Club meetings from all over Queensland and NSW and spectators are very welcome. There'll be a BBQ and soft drinks stand running throughout the event, as well as a hearty breakfast supplied by the Proston Lions club early on Sunday morning. Hot showers, toilets and free camping are available on site too. Admission to the Rally is 100% free for spectators, $50 for adult participants and $25 for juniors. More details? Phone 0458-689-446.
South Burnett Shed Men - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Shed Men will be holding their 59th meeting at the Salvation Army Family Store in Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy from 5:00pm to 8:00pm this evening. The meeting will feature several guest speakers and all men and young blokes are very welcome along, but they should BYO food and drinks, tea and coffee (a BBQ will be supplied and cooks will be available). There'll also be a donation box to help cover costs and support a suggested charity. Everyone is welcome but to help plan the seating an RSVP would be greatly appreciated. You can make one by phoning Lester on 0409-621-833 or Don on (07) 4162-7130.
Ladies Night Out - Kingaroy
- In conjunction with the South Burnett Shed Men (see entry above), Glenice Larsen will be holding a Ladies Night Out at 19 Avocado Crescent in Kingaroy from 5:00pm to 8:00pm tonight. The meeting is open to all women and girls and there'll be a special guest speaker. Guests should bring along a plate of finger food to share and an RSVP by October 29 would be appreciated to ensure there's sufficient seating. You can make one by phoning Glenice on (07) 4162-7130.
Jacaranda Day - Goombungee
- Goombungeee will be celebrating its annual Jacaranda Day festival today, kicking off with markets that will start at 8:00am, and which will be followed by the town's annual first Saturday of November rodeo at 3:00pm. In between there'll be displays of the town's history at the Rosalie Shire Historical Society Museum, an exhibition at the Rosalie Gallery, lots of displays of vintage machinery and engines, children's entertainment, open gardens, live music from local bands, decorated trees in Mocatta Street, self-guided historic walking tours of the CBD, food and fun. Everyone is welcome!
Bowls Club Bingo - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman St, Kingaroy will be running bingo matches from 7:30pm this evening with over $1000 in prizes on offer. More details from the club on (07) 4162-1404
- The Wondai parkrun group will be holding their weekly 5km timed run at Coronation Park in Wondai at 7:00am this morning. Runners follow a course along the South Burnett Rail Trail and the parkrun group is free to join. All you need to do is register (once) online at parkrun.com.au and bring the printed barcode to any parkrun event. More details? Send an email.
Kennel Jam Session - Hivesville
- The monthly Kennel Jam Session will be held at the Hivesville Hotel in Main Street, Hivesville from 5:00pm until late tonight. All musicians young and old are welcomed at these sessions, and so are all music genres. All the necessary backline gear is provided, too - just bring along your guitar, your voice and your friends and enjoy a great night of music. Accommodation is available at special rates for music lovers on the night, there's free camping nearby, and dinner will be served from 6:00pm to 8:00pm.
South Burnett Cricket
- Five cricket matches are scheduled to be played around the South Burnett today. In A Grade, Southern District Devils will take on Murgon District in the local derby played at Lyle Vidler Oval in Kingaroy. In B Grade, Kingaroy Services will face Murgon District at Taabinga State School Oval, Nanango will play Kallindale Warriors at Nanango and Blackbutt will take on competition leaders Kumbia at Blackbutt. Wondai are also scheduled to play Cherbourg (venue to be confirmed). All games start at 12:30pm.
House Of Horror Halloween Party - Kingaroy
- The Commercial Hotel at the corner of Glendon and Haly Streets, Kingaroy will be holding a House Of Horror Halloween Party from 9:00pm until 1:00am this morning with DJ iLLp and DJ Direx. Guests are encouraged to dress up in their best Halloween gear. More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 4162-1380.
Luke Medcalf - Kingaroy
- South Burnett entertainer Luke Medcalf will be performing in the front bar of the Kingaroy Hotel at the corner of Youngman and Haly Streets, Kingaroy from 8:00pm until late tonight. Admission is free. More details from the hotel on (07) 4162-1677.
Saturday, 03 November 2018