On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Saturday, 03 March 2018
Nanango Country Markets
- The Nanango Show Society will be holding their regular monthly Country Markets at the Nanango Showgrounds in Cairns Street from 6:00am to around 12:00 noon today. As usual, the markets will feature a wide variety of craft stalls, new and used goods, plants, poultry and pets. The Nanango Markets are the largest rural market in south east Queensland and attract up to 420 stallholders. But new stallholders are always very welcome too! More info? Phone the Market Co-Ordinator on (0427) 631-273 during business hours.
Bowls Club Bingo - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman St, Kingaroy will be running bingo matches from 7:30pm this evening with over $1000 in prizes on offer. More details from the club on (07) 4162-1404
Ladies Afternoon Tea - Nanango
- St John's Lutheran School P&F will be holding a special Ladies Afternoon Tea at Ringsfield House at 41-43 Alfred Street, Nanango from 2:00pm to 5:00pm this afternoon. The event will mark International Woman's Day and Queensland Women's Week and will be a celebration of fashion, friendship and food. Several local businesses will be showcasing their wares in a fashion show, and there will be a number of pop up shops showing beautiful items guests can purchase if they wish. There will also be raffle prizes to be won, and live entertainment by local star Amber Goldsmith. Tickets are $30 per person and include entrance, a delicious High Tea and five raffle tickets (more can be bought on the day). Tickets can be booked at St John's Lutheran School office in Ivy Street, Kingaroy - but to help plan the catering, they need to be booked by February 25.
- The Wondai parkrun group will be holding their weekly 5km timed run at Coronation Park in Wondai at 7:00am this morning. Runners follow a course along the South Burnett Rail Trail and the parkrun group is free to join. All you need to do is register (once) online at parkrun.com.au and bring the printed barcode to any parkrun event. More details? Send an email.
Kennel Jam Session - Hivesville
- The monthly Kennel Jam Session will be held at the Hivesville Hotel in Main Street, Hivesville from 5:00pm until late tonight. All musicians young and old are welcomed at these sessions, and so are all music genres. All the necessary backline gear is provided, too - just bring along your guitar, your voice and your friends and enjoy a great night of music. Accommodation is available at special rates for music lovers on the night, there's free camping nearby, and dinner will be served from 6:00pm to 8:00pm.
Faith i Branko - Nanango
- Faith i Branko, who are currently touring Australia and New Zealand, will be performing in concert at The Shed next to Nanango's Scott Car Park at 7:00pm this evening. The duo feature Serbia's top Roma violinist and a UK accordionist and they play high energy Roma jazz/swing, Gypsy Rumba and Turkish and Indian-influenced songs. Tickets are $20 and unless sold out earlier, they'll be available at the door. More details? Phone Jane on (07) 4163-1677.
Dance - Inverlaw Hall
- A dance will be held at Inverlaw Hall on the Burrandowan Road (roughly 20km from Kingaroy) from 8:00pm until late this evening. Music will be supplied by The Drifters and there'll be the usual great supper and novelties, along with a Lucky Door draw. Admission fees are $10.00 for adults, $5.00 for high school students and everyone is welcome! More details? Phone June on (07) 4162-1195 or David on 0459-228-882.
Bushy's Farewell Charity Dinner - Kingaroy
- Kingaroy police prosecutor Sergeant Wayne Bushell will be retiring soon, and to mark the occasion he'll be holding a farewell charity dinner at Kingaroy Town Hall from 6:00pm until midnight. This licensed event will include curry (a dish that Bushy is famous for), Barkers Creek pork loin with a balsamic glaze, pork ribs in a spicy plum sauce, rump roast, a chicken dish, plus lamb mince in puff pastry with tzatziki sauce. Thereíll also be a simple entree and a choice of two desserts - all for just $30 per head. Local band Dealín will be providing entertainment, and there'll be raffles as well. All profits from the event are being donated to Rotary Mental Health, and everyone is weelcome. Tickets can be obtained from the Kingaroy Police Station or at the door.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at the old railway station building at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston for its regular Saturday morning meeting today, kicking off with a cuppa at 9:00am. The meeting will run until around noon, and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Geoff on 0439-694-000.
Yarraman Horse Ride
- The Yarraman Agricultural Society will be holding the 22nd annual Yarraman Horse Ride today - a 26km trail ride around neighbouring properties. The ride will leave the Yarraman Showgrounds on the New England Highway west of town at 8:00am following a compulsory briefing at 7:30am. The cost of the ride is $20 for TRA members or $35 for non-members, which includes cold water throughout the day (lunch can be purchased in the morning before the ride). Free camping will be available at the Showgrounds on Friday and Saturday night, and meals will be available for purchase from Friday night through to Sunday morning. There'll be a bar and DJ running from around 6:00pm tonight after the ride concludes, and non-horse riders are very welcome to attend for free (but no BYO is allowed). More details? Phone Robert on 0438-638-506 or Matthew on 0428-835-696.
Saturday Spitroast - Wondai
- The Wondai Hotel in Haly Street, Wondai will be holding its first Saturday of the month spitroast from 4:00pm until late today. Guests can get to choose between a pork, chicken, beef or lamb roast meal for $18 per head (kids are $8) and there'll also be live entertainment - this month, from Lumberjack Lane. While bookings aren't essential, they're always appreciated to help plan the catering and you can make one by phoning the hotel on (07) 4168-5274
Saturday Rugby League - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Red Ants will be hosting pre-season trial games against Across The Waves from Bundaberg at T.J. O'Neill Oval in Youngman Street, Kingaroy today. U16s will kick off at 3:30pm, U18s at 5:00pm and the A Grade clash will get underway at 6:15pm. Gates open at 2:30pm and admission is $2 for adults (children are free). Everyone is welcome and a bar and canteen will be operating, too.
Karate 4 Kids 10th Birthday - Nanango
- Karate 4 Kids will be celebrating its 10th birthday at 4 Railway Lane, Nanango with a birthday party that will run from 4:00pm to 8:00pm today. There'll be a BBQ, fun and games, a jumping castle, giveaways and lots more. Current students, past students and all interested students are very welcome to attend.
Walk Around Queensland - Kingaroy
- The Queensland Rural, Regional and Remote Women's Network (QRRRWN) will be launching their "Walk Around Queensland" to mark Queensland's Women's Week with a walk along the South Burnett Rail Trail today. If you'd like to take part, you can meet other participants at the Youngman Street entry to the SBRT at 8:00am this morning.
Bouncing Back Morning Tea - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy QCWA Twilight Branch will be holding a Bouncing Back Morning Tea at the QCWA rooms at 122 Kingaroy Street (near the RSL) from 9:30am this morning. The morning tea is all about local women getting together for a chat over a cuppa. Ladies are welcome to bring along their craft to do as well.
Cricket Club Presentation Night - Wondai
- The Wondai District Cricket Club will hold their annual presentation night at the Wondai Country Club on the Bunya Highway north of town at 6:30pm this evening. There'll be a BBQ dinner ($10 adults, $5 kids) followed by the trophy presentations, and everyone is welcome.
Skin & Bone - Kingaroy
- Popular entertainers Skin & Bone will be performing at the Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy from 7:00pm until late tonight. Admission is free. More details from the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Murgon Show Country Cabaret
- After an absence of 15 years, the Murgon Show Society will be reintroducing a show ball tonight, but it will take the form of a Country Cabaret at St Joseph's Hall in Angel Avenue, Murgon. The evening will get underway at 7:00pm and will feature a supper and entertainment by Bob and Robyn Riek and a DJ. Tickets are $15 prer head or $20 per couple, and must be prebooked (no ticket sales at the door). More details? Phone Sandra on 0400-081-492.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Saturday, 03 March 2018