On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Saturday, 03 February 2018
Nanango Country Markets
- The Nanango Show Society will be holding their regular monthly Country Markets at the Nanango Showgrounds in Cairns Street from 6:00am to around 12:00 noon today. As usual, the markets will feature a wide variety of craft stalls, new and used goods, plants, poultry and pets. The Nanango Markets are the largest rural market in south east Queensland and attract up to 420 stallholders. But new stallholders are always very welcome too! More info? Phone the Market Co-Ordinator on (0427) 631-273 during business hours.
Just Us - Kingaroy
- Popular local duo Just Us will be performing at the Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy from 7:00pm until late tonight. Admission is free. More details from the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Tom Curtain's Territory Time - Kumbia
- Popular country and western entertainer Tom Curtain and his friend Martin Oakes will be performing in concert at the Kumbia Campdraft Grounds and Racecourse from 4:30pm (when the gates open) until around midnight tonight. Tom, who's now based at Katherine in the Northern Territory, grew up at Old Boyneside just out of Kumbia and is returning to his old stomping grounds via Tamworth (where he picked up two Golden Guitars last weekend) to deliver a really great show that will include many songs from his latest album "Territory Time". A licensed bar and BBQ will be operating and there'll be lots of music and dancing, too. Tickets are $20 for adults or $10 for students aged 6 to 17 (children 5 years and under are free). They can be booked online or purchased at the gate.
24th Annual Nanango Stamp Fair
- The Nanango Stamp Club will be holding their 24th annual Stamp Fair from 9:00am to 3:30pm today at the Nanango State High School Hall at the end of Cairns Street, Nanango. The event will feature a philatelic auction, a cent auction, a bargain table and a very busy canteen. There'll also be lots of great displays to delight any true philatelist's heart; three professional stamp dealers and 16 to 18 stamp clubs in attendance. Admission is completely free and refreshments will be available on-site too. Everyone's welcome to come along and get stuck in! More details? Phone Cornelia on (07) 4169-0256. PS: This is a very popular event that draws collectors from all over south-east Queensland.
Bowls Club Bingo - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman St, Kingaroy will be running bingo matches from 7:30pm this evening with over $1000 in prizes on offer. More details from the club on (07) 4162-1404
- The Wondai parkrun group will be holding their weekly 5km timed run at Coronation Park in Wondai at 7:00am this morning. Runners follow a course along the South Burnett Rail Trail and the parkrun group is free to join. All you need to do is register (once) online at parkrun.com.au and bring the printed barcode to any parkrun event. More details? Send an email.
Kennel Jam Session - Hivesville
- The monthly Kennel Jam Session will be held at the Hivesville Hotel in Main Street, Hivesville from 5:00pm until late tonight. All musicians young and old are welcomed at these sessions, and so are all music genres. All the necessary backline gear is provided, too - just bring along your guitar, your voice and your friends and enjoy a great night of music. Accommodation is available at special rates for music lovers on the night, there's free camping nearby, and dinner will be served from 6:00pm to 8:00pm.
St Mary's P&F Family Fun Day - Kingaroy
- St Mary's Catholic College in Kent Street, Kingaroy will be holding its annual P&F Family Fun Day from 3:00pm to around 6:00pm this afternoon on the lawns outside the Maryknoll Centre. There'll be free family games, face painting, a sausage sizzle and drinks and snacks on sale and there's no admission fee. Everyone is welcome! You can read more about what last year's Family Fun Day was like on our website.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at the old railway station building at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston for its regular Saturday morning meeting today, kicking off with a cuppa at 9:00am. The meeting will run until around noon, and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Geoff on 0439-694-000.
Kingaroy Clay Target Club Annual Two Day Shoot
- The Kingaroy Clay Target Club will be holding the first day of their annual Two Day Shoot at the clay target shooting grounds in Goodger Road, Kingaroy (opposite Kingaroy Airport) from 1:00pm this afternoon. This year's Shoot will have three main events: a 30TGT Medley sponsored by Ransen Timber; a 30TGT Single Barrel Championship sponsored by Ken Mills Toyota; and a 50TGT Double Barrel Championship. Spectators are very welcome.
Western Performance Club Show - Nanango
- The South Burnett Western Performance Club will be holding a show with Judge Kim Thake at their grounds in Racecourse Road, Nanango from 8:00am this morning. Spectators are very welcome.
- The Proston Car Rally Club will be holding their quarterly CAMS Khanacross Multiclub Rally at their racing track this weekend. The club's track is located 7.5km west of Proston on the Proston-Boondooma Road, and racing will commence around 8:00am this morning and conclude around 1:30pm tomorrow. Up to 50 cars attend Proston Rally Club meetings from all over Queensland and NSW and spectators are very welcome. There'll be a BBQ and soft drinks stand running throughout the event, as well as a hearty breakfast supplied by the Proston Lions club early on Sunday morning. Hot showers, toilets and free camping are available on site too. Admission to the Rally is 100% free for spectators, $50 for adult participants and $25 for juniors. More details? Phone Barry on (07) 4168-9447 or Sonia on 0411-689-447.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Woodcrafters 25th Anniversary - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Woodcrafters will be celebrating their 25th birthday with an Open Day at the QRail buildings in King Street, Kingaroy from 9:00am to 3:00pm today. There will be stalls, displays, demonstrations and activities for the whole family. Admission is free and everyone is welcome!
Luke Medcalf - Kingaroy
- Popular South Burnett entertainer Luke Medcalf will be performing in the front bar at the Kingaroy Hotel-Motel from 8:00pm until late tonight. There'll also be a pop-up vodka bar in the beer garden. Admission is free.
Wooroolin Scouts Open Day & Sign-On
- The Wooroolin Scouts will be holding an Open Day and 2018 sign-on at their den in Kate Street, Wooroolin from 10:00am to 2:00pm today. There'll be fun activities, information and a sausage sizzle in operation, and potential new troop members are very welcome. More details? Phone Buzz on 0429-026-168.
Dance - Inverlaw Hall
- A dance will be held at Inverlaw Hall on the Burrandowan Road (roughly 20km from Kingaroy) from 8:00pm until late this evening. Music will be supplied by Chris and Darryl and there'll be the usual great supper and novelties, along with a Lucky Door draw. Admission fees are $10.00 for adults, $5.00 for high school students and everyone is welcome! More details? Phone June on (07) 4162-1195 or David on 0459-228-882.
Black & White Party - Kingaroy
- The Commercial Hotel at the corner of Glendon and Haly Streets in Kingaroy will be holding a Black & White Party from 8:00pm until late tonight with Mo Swagger. Guests should dress in monochrome to be in the running for prizes and admission is free if you get in early enough. More details from the hotel on (07) 4162-1380.
Saturday, 03 February 2018