On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Thursday, 28 February 2019
Arts Forum - Wondai
- An Arts Forum to discuss future directions for the arts in the South Burnett will be held at The Studio next to the Wondai Regional Art Gallery on the roundabout at Wondai at 4:30pm this afternoon. This forum is being arranged by the South Burnett Regional Council as a follow-up to an initial forum held in Kingaroy last December (you can read about that forum on our website) and all people interested in the future growth and development of the arts are invited to attend.
Old Time Dancing Classes
- Old Time Dancing will be held at the South Burnett PCYC in Macalister Street, Murgon at 1:00pm to 3:00pm this afternoon. The class caters to all levels from beginners to advanced, all in a fun and social atmosphere lead by a qualified dance instructor. Class fees - which include tea and coffee - are just $4 if you're dancing, or $2 if you're watching. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the PCYC on (07) 4168-1889 or send them an email.
Social Golf - Blackbutt
- The Blackbutt Golf Club at 51 Langton Road, Blackbutt will be running their weekly Sporters's Club game at 3:00pm this afternoon. This is a 6 hole event and everyone is welcome to come and enjoy a fun game of golf, as well as the chance to win a chook, golf balls or tees. Green fees are $5:00 for adults and $1:00 for children. More details? Phone the golf club on (07) 4163-0180.
St Joseph's Bingo - Murgon
- St Joseph's Parish Hall in Angel Avenue, Murgon will be hosting bingo games from 7:30pm this evening. There'll be $1000 in prizes on offer as well as a canteen and lucky bingo tickets. Proceeds will go to aid St Joseph's school and community works.
Tai Chi Classes - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Arthritis & Osteoporosis Support Group will be running Tai Chi classes at the Uniting Church Hall in Alford Street, Kingaroy this morning. An intermediate class will run from 9:00am to 10:00am, followed by a beginners class from 10:15am to 11:15am. The classes aim to help relieve pain and improve quality of life, relieve stress, sharpen concentration, and improve balance, posture and mobility. Class fees are $3 for each attendance plus a $20 fee to Arthritis Queensland for insurance. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone June 0419-026-760, Jan 0434-891-600 or Antonia 0431-149-816 (Note: these classes run every week during school terms except for public holidays).
Taras Hall Bingo - Nanango
- Bingo games will be held at Taras Hall immediately next to Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 9:00am this morning (doors open at 9:00am; eyes down at 10:00am sharp). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4163-1375.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Tai Chi Class - Kumbia
- Kumbia's weekly Tai Chi class will be held in the lunch room at the Kumbia Sports Ground from 8:30am to 9:30am this morning. The class is for beginners and new members are always welcome.
Birds Of A Feather - Kingaroy
- The Birds Of A Feather cancer support group will be holding their regular 4th Thursday of the month meeting at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy at 10:00am this morning. This is a friendly, informal group of women who have (or had) cancer, as well as carers, and they get together once a month for a morning tea and chat. New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Joan on (07) 4164-8151.
Angel Knitters & Crocheters
- The Angel Knitters And Crocheters Group will be holding their monthly meeting at the Kingaroy Senior Citizens Centre at the corner of Kingaroy and Avoca Streets (opposite IGA) from 9:00am to noon this morning. Group members use their time and talents to donate handmade items to charities, and they meet on the 4th Thursday of each month from February to November. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone Christine on 0400-670-104.
Thursday Yoga - Blackbutt
- Yoga classes will be held at the Blackbutt Memorial Hall in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 9:00am to 10:00am this morning. Class fees are $4 and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Pauline on 0437-606-699.
Kingaroy Community Kitchen
- The Kingaroy Community Kitchen will be holding its regular Thursday morning meeting at St Mary's Hall at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 9:30am to around 1:00pm today. Community Kitchen members learn how to cook a variety of budget conscious home-cooked meals, then sit down together for a communal lunch afterwards to enjoy the results for the cost of a gold coin donation. New members are always welcome! More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Hoy - Murgon
- The Ballogie Community Group will be playing Hoy at the Murgon Motor Inn on the Bunya Highway, Murgon from 1:30pm onwards this afternoon. It costs $5 to play and there'll be a $1 afternoon tea and $1 raffle tickets available. The Hoy group meets on the 4th Thursday of each month and new players are very welcome. More details? Phone (07) 4164-1249 or 0448-289-403.
Murgon LAC Meeting
- The Murgon Local Ambulance Committee will be meeting at 41 Lamb Street in Murgon at 7:00pm this evening. Potential new members are very welcome.
Techy Savvy Seniors - Goomeri
- The Goomeri Library at 5 Moore Street, Goomeri will be holding a free Tech Savvy Seniors session from 2:00pm? to 4:00pm this afternoon, looking at the basics of using EBay and Gumtree to buy and sell goods online. More details? Phone the library on (07) 4168-4340.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers are available for a modest price to people facing financial difficulties.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Kingaroy
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Kingaroy every Thursday from 7:30pm at the "Biscuit Tin", behind St Mary's Church Hall, 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy. For more information, phone (07) 4162-5747.
Thursday, 28 February 2019