On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Wednesday, 27 September 2017
Blackbutt Busy Needles Group
- The Blackbutt Busy Needles group will be meeting at the Uniting Church Hall in Coulson Street, Blackbutt from 9:30am to 1:30pm today. The group meets every 2nd and 4th Wednesday and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Linda on (07) 4170-0823 or Sue on (07) 4163-0919.
Indoor Bowls & Cards Day - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Senior Citizens Club will be hosting indoor bowls and cards (500) competitions at its centre on the corner of Avoca and Kingaroy Streets, Kingaroy between 9:00am and 4:00pm today. Indoor bowls competitions commence at 9:00am and cards at around 1:00pm, and the $2 admission includes a cup of tea. Everyone is welcome. For more details phone (07) 4163-6191.
SBRC Roadshow - Maidenwell
- The South Burnett Regional Council will be holding the last of nine Roadshow meetings at the Maidenwell Hall in Poole Street, Maidenwell at 5:30pm (for a 6:00pm start) this evening. The Roadshow will update residents on what the Council has been doing since it was elected 18 months ago; current projects it's working on; and its new Economic Development Strategy, which aims to create 3000 new jobs in the region by 2020. The Maidenwell Community Group will also update guests on their own projects. A BBQ dinner to help fundraise for a Maidenwell community group will be available for purchase, and everyone is welcome.
Wednesday Ladies Bowls - Yarraman
- The Yarraman Bowls Club in Margaret Street, Yarraman will be holding their weekly Ladies Bowls games from 9:00am this morning. New players are always welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-8269.
Papercraft Class - Nanango
- Creative Connections at 8 George Street, Nanango will be running their regular Wednesday papercraft class from 9:30am to noon this morning. Class fees are $6 - which includes morning tea and materials - and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Nazrin on 0415-392-466.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Wednesday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Nanango Men's Shed
- The Nanango Men's Shed at the corner of Mt Stanley Road and Heathermore Lane, Nanango will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today (and also on Wednesdays). New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Ben on 0491-102-087
Wednesday Morning Bridge - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Bridge Club will be holding their regular Wednesday morning bridge games at the pavilion nearest to town inside the Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street from 9:00am to 1:00pm today. New and visiting players are most welcome (training is available for new players too, if needed) and the $5 meeting fee includes morning tea. More details? Phone Helen on (07) 4162-2128
Nanango Country Quilters & Crafts Group
- The Nanango Country Quilters And Crafts group meet every Wednesday at the Nanango Cultural Centre in George Street, Nanango between 9:00am to 2:00pm. Members can get to pursue a wide variety of crafts at these informal gatherings and the $3 meeting fee includes morning tea (but BYO cup and lunch). There's also usually a raffle as well. New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Tricia on (07) 4171-0124.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding their Saturday meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Wednesday Night Judo - Murgon
- The Murgon Judo Club will be holding its regular Wednesday training night at the Salvation Army Hall in Macalister Street, Murgon this evening. Junior classes will run from 4:30pm to 5:30pm and seniors from 6:00pm to 7:30pm. Class fees are $4 for juniors and $6 for seniors. More details? Phone Stan on (07) 4168-3104 or (0414) 404-004
Social Card Games - Mondure
- Social card games will be played at Mondure Hall in Mondure from 6:30pm this evening. New players are very welcome.
Connections Craft Group - Kingaroy
- The Connections Craft Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 12:00 noon to around 2:00pm this afternoon. Members can bring their own craft project, or join in an activity the group is doing. Everyone is welcome and morning tea is provided for a gold coin donation. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Wednesday Night Poker - Kingaroy
- Wednesday night poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy tonight. Registrations start at 6:30pm and play begins at 7:00pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Murgon Rotary Club Meeting
- The Murgon Rotary Club will be holding their regular Wednesday evening dinner meeting at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 6:30pm onwards tonight (meeting starts at 7:00pm). New members are always welcome! More details? Phone (07) 4168-1180.
Line Dancing Classes - Yarraman
- Line dancing classes will be held at the Yarraman Community Hall in Browne Street, Yarraman from 9:00am to 11:00am this morning. The first hour is for beginners, the second for more advanced dancers, but everyone is welcome to stay for both. Class fees are $5 and classes are held on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month. More details? Phone Chrissie on 0418-199-080.
Goomeri SES Meeting
- The Goomeri SES will be holding their regular Wednesday night training session at the SES Building in Dickinson Park, Goomeri from 6:30pm to around 8:30pm tonight. Anyone from the Goomeri district who's interested in joining the SES (or simply finding out more about what's involved) is very welcome to come along. More details? Phone Group Leader Steve Kay on 0429-836-572 or Ray on (07) 4168-4150.
Wednesday, 27 September 2017