On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Thursday, 26 September 2019
NB Department Store Grand Opening - Proston
- Proston's brand new NB Department Store will be holding its Grand Opening in Blake Street, Proston at 9:30am this morning. The new business promises it will redefine what a department store is all about, and it will have four different departments and several new features not seen in a South Burnett business before. Owners Nick and Anita Blanch - who also operate the popular Jacaranda Tearooms - will be unveiling the business today after closing their former business NB Inspirations earlier this month. Everyone is welcome!
Watoto Children's Choir - Kingaroy
- The famous Watoto Children's Choir will be appearing in concert at Kingaroy Town Hall in Glendon Street, Kingaroy at 7:00pm this evening as part of their "We Will Go" tour - an inspirational night of African singing and dancing with a gospel theme. Watoto is a non-profit organisation that cares for orphans in Uganda, and the choir is composed of 100 Ugandan orphans. The group have performed in the South Burnett many times over the years, and have been brought here this time by Sistas In Sync. Admission to the concert is free and everyone is welcome. More detailsa? Phone Lynda Lange on 0417-789-340.
NaTDA Annual General Meeting - Nanango
- The Nanango Tourism & Development Association will be holding its Annual General Meeting in the Long Hai Room at the Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 5:30pm tonight. NaTDA aims to assist, foster, instigate and/or manage any project that could contribute to the advancement of the communities in and around Nanango, and represents the interests of the Nanango community, business and tourism operators. All interested people are very welcome to come along and get involved! Afterwards, the meeting will be followed by an informal, optional social dinner at the RSL's bistro. You can obtain more information by phoning Gloria Kirkness on (07) 4163-2848.
Multicultural Planning Meeting - Kingaroy
- A planning meeting to look at holding a Multicultural Festival in the South Burnett in March 2020 will be held at the 1913 Council Chambers behind Kingaroy's Visitor Information Centre from 5:00pm to around 7:00pm this evening. Individuals and organisations who'd like to be involved in organising and participating in the festival are very welcome to come along and take part. More details? Phone Val on 0437-474-954.
Social Golf - Blackbutt
- The Blackbutt Golf Club at 51 Langton Road, Blackbutt will be running their weekly Sporters's Club game at 3:00pm this afternoon. This is a 6 hole event and everyone is welcome to come and enjoy a fun game of golf, as well as the chance to win a chook, golf balls or tees. Green fees are $5:00 for adults and $1:00 for children. More details? Phone the golf club on (07) 4163-0180.
Old Time Dancing Classes
- Old Time Dancing will be held at the South Burnett PCYC in Macalister Street, Murgon at 1:00pm to 3:00pm this afternoon. The class caters to all levels from beginners to advanced, all in a fun and social atmosphere lead by a qualified dance instructor. Class fees - which include tea and coffee - are just $4 if you're dancing, or $2 if you're watching. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the PCYC on (07) 4168-1889 or send them an email.
Tai Chi Classes - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Arthritis & Osteoporosis Support Group will be running Tai Chi classes at the Uniting Church Hall in Alford Street, Kingaroy this morning. An intermediate class will run from 9:00am to 10:00am, followed by a beginners class from 10:15am to 11:15am. The classes aim to help relieve pain and improve quality of life, relieve stress, sharpen concentration, and improve balance, posture and mobility. Class fees are $3 for each attendance plus a $20 fee to Arthritis Queensland for insurance. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone June 0419-026-760, Jan 0434-891-600 or Antonia 0431-149-816 (Note: these classes run every week during school terms except for public holidays).
Taras Hall Bingo - Nanango
- Bingo games will be held at Taras Hall immediately next to Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 9:00am this morning (doors open at 9:00am; eyes down at 10:00am sharp). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4163-1375.
Thursday Yoga - Blackbutt
- Yoga classes will be held at the Blackbutt Memorial Hall in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 9:00am to 10:00am this morning. Class fees are $4 and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Pauline on 0437-606-699.
Tai Chi Class - Kumbia
- Kumbia's weekly Tai Chi class will be held in the lunch room at the Kumbia Sports Ground from 8:30am to 9:30am this morning. The class is for beginners and new members are always welcome.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Birds Of A Feather - Kingaroy
- The Birds Of A Feather cancer support group will be holding their regular 4th Thursday of the month meeting at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy at 10:00am this morning. This is a friendly, informal group of women who have (or had) cancer, as well as carers, and they get together once a month for a morning tea and chat. New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Joan on (07) 4164-8151.
Blackbutt Table Tennis
- The Blackbutt Table Tennis Club will be holding its weekly meeting at the Blackbutt Memorial Hall in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 6:00pm to 9:00pm this evening. The club caters to players of all skill levels and plays singles, doubles and competition matches. New members are very welcome and there's a $5 meeting fee to cover hall hire costs. More details? Phone Warren on (07) 4163-0478 or 0411-103-591
Hoy - Murgon
- The Ballogie Community Group will be playing Hoy at the Murgon Motor Inn on the Bunya Highway, Murgon from 1:30pm onwards this afternoon. It costs $5 to play and there'll be a $1 afternoon tea and $1 raffle tickets available. The Hoy group meets on the 4th Thursday of each month and new players are very welcome. More details? Phone (07) 4164-1249 or 0448-289-403.
Angel Knitters & Crocheters
- The Angel Knitters And Crocheters Group will be holding their monthly meeting at the Kingaroy Senior Citizens Centre at the corner of Kingaroy and Avoca Streets (opposite IGA) from 9:00am to noon this morning. Group members use their time and talents to donate handmade items to charities, and they meet on the 4th Thursday of each month from February to November. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone Christine on 0400-670-104.
Thursday Night Bingo
- St Joseph's parish will be running Thursday bingo games at the Australian Hotel at the corner of Lamb and Gore Streets, Murgon at 7:30pm this evening. Everyone is welcome, and the proceeds will go to aid worthy local causes. More details? Phone Karen on 0419-676-228.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers are available for a modest price to people facing financial difficulties.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Kingaroy
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Kingaroy every Thursday from 7:30pm at the "Biscuit Tin", behind St Mary's Church Hall, 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy. For more information, phone (07) 4162-5747.
Thursday, 26 September 2019