On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Sunday, 25 November 2018
Hivesville Country Markets
- The Hivesville Country Markets will be held at the Hivesville Sports Grounds from 7:00am to around 1:00pm today. These family friendly monthly markets are held on the 4th Sunday of every month, and feature a variety of stalls including fresh local farm produce, plants, crafts and lots of food. There'll also be mini auctions running throughout the morning and there's plenty of free parking in the grounds. New stallholders are very welcome too, and you can obtain more details by phoning Trish on 0459-493-511.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
The Joy Of Christmas - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett's 2018 Christmas season will continue today when the South Burnett Chorale present the second performance of their annual Christmas Charity Concert series, which this year is called "The Joy Of Christmas". The concert will be held at Kingaroy's Anglican Church in Alford Street from 2:00pm to around 3:30pm this afternoon, and it'll be full of Christmas favourites from classic to contemporary numbers. Admission is just $10 and all proceeds will be split between Kingaroy High School's chaplaincy fund and a new access ramp for the church. More details? Contact the Chorale on Facebook. Note: Two more concerts will be held at Wooroolin on November 30, and Wondai on December 1.
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
South Burnett Orchid Society - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Orchid Society will be holding their regular monthly meeting at CTC's rooms at the South Burnett Youth Park in Somerset Street, Kingaroy from 2:00pm to around 3:30pm this afternoon. The Society exists for orchid enthusiasts of all skill levels and meets on the last Sunday of every month except December. New members and visitors are always very welcome. More details? Phone Beryl on (07) 4168-1695 (ahrs), Gary on (07) 4162-8404 (ahrs) or Linda on 0429-634-637
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Bunya Mountains Christmas Markets
- The monthly Bunya Mountains Markets will be running at Dandabah in the Bunya Mountains today. The markets feature up to 30 stands selling quality, locally-produced fresh produce, arts and crafts and they'll be operating from 9:00am to 2:00pm. Local cafes like Poppies On The Hill and The Bunya Mountains Cafe will be offering special Market Day menus and morning teas, lunches and afternoon teas, and walking trail maps will be available from both cafes, the Bunya Mountains General Store and market stalls if you'd like to take a walk through the adjoining National Park. More details? Phone (07) 4668-3126. Note: Today's markets will be the last for this year. The monthly markets will resume on the last Sunday in January.
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
Sausage Sizzle & Swim Sunday - Goomeri
- A Sausage Sizzle & Swim Sunday will be held at the Goomeri Swimming Pool in Moore Street from 11:00am to 3:00pm today. In addition to sausages and swimming, there'll also be music, a Crazy Hat competition and prizes to be won, and everyone is welcome.
Community Fun Walk - Murgon
- The annual Stride4Stroke 8km Community Fun Walk will be held along the Murgon end of the South Burnett Rail Trail today. Participants - who'll need a gold coin donation for the Stroke Foundation to take part - should assemble at the Murgon Men's Shed in Macalister Street prior to the 7:00am starting time. Everyone is welcome!
Sunday Golf - Kingaroy & Wondai
- The Kingaroy Golf Club on the Bunya Highway south-west of Kingaroy will be holding its annual Ken Mills Open Day - a stableford for men and women (non-golfers are welcome too) - from 7:30am to 5:30pm today. For timesheets, tee-off times and other details, contact the golf club on (07) 4162-1720. Meanwhile, the Wondai Country Club off the Bunya Highway north of the CBD will be holding its annual Trevor Russ Memorial Golf Day today, with a shotgun start at 11:00am. This is a 2 person ambrose over 18 holes and green fees are $15 (which includes a sausage sizzle). More details? Phone Steve on 0423-032-290.
Clearing Sale - Mondure
- Aussie Land & Livestock will be holding a clearing sale at 262 Mondure Cushnie Road in Mondure from 10:00am this morning. More details? Phone Midge on 0427-710-018.
SBMTB Christmas Ride - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Mountain Bike Club will be holding its annual Christmas Ride this afternoon. Members and others who'd like to take part should meet up at Memorial Park in Haly Street, Kingaroy at 3:45pm for a 4:00pm roll-off. The ride will explore some parts of the South Burnett Rail Trail and some single trails at Mount Wooroolin. Afterwards, everyone is welcome to return to the Commercial Hotel for refreshments and socialising. More details? Phone Jason on 0455-896-749.
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.
Cooyar Trail Ride - Cooyar
- The second (and final) day of the weekend-long annual Cooyar Trail Ride will be held at the Cooyar Showgrounds in Rangemore Road, Cooyar from 8:15am this morning until around 1:00pm this afternoon. The Ride caters for Peewee, Novice, Extended Novice and Open riders, and fees apply to take part in the races - but spectators are welcome to come along and watch the action for free. There's also free camping in the showgrounds and a canteen and bar will be operating, too. However, visitors and participants should bring cash, because there's no ATMs or EFTPOS in the grounds. The Trail Ride will conclude tomorrow.
Nutters November Handicap - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Nutters running group will be holding their monthly 1km (for kids) and 5km runs this afternoon. Runners should meet up at 77 Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy at 4:00pm (kids) and 4:30pm (adults) to run a circuit around the town. Everyone is welcome!
Storm Recovery BBQ Lunch - Coolabunia
- A Storm Recovery BBQ Lunch will be held at Coolabunia State School on the D'Agfuilar Highway at Coolabunia from 11:00am to 2:00pm today. This event is sponsored by the South Burnett Regional Council, Stanwell Corporation and BIEDO and it's open to landholders and community members who've been impacted by any of the four big storms that have pounded the region since Boxing Day last year. The BBQ is an opportunity to connect with others who suffered losses in the storm, and also access a range of agency information about disaster prevention and recovery. Everyone is welcome, but to help plan the catering an RSVP to 0400-695-456 would be greatly appreciated.
Sunday, 25 November 2018