On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Wednesday, 24 April 2019
Spirit Of The Bush Balladeers Muster - Boondooma
- The first day of the five-day Spirit Of The Bush Balladeers & Heritage Muster will be held at Boondooma Homestead at 8262 Durong-Mundubbera Road, Boondooma today. This popular annual campout week features lots of Australia's top bush balladeers and poets (more than 25 will be appearing at the Muster this year) along with walk-up artists. The Muster routinely attracts 700 to 800 caravanners plus day-trippers, and in addition to lots of non-stop music there'll also be great camp oven meals, a licensed bar, BBQ, stalls, and displays of vintage cars and engines, photography and historical items. Today's activities will begin with a Bush Poet's Breakfast at 7:30am, followed by invited artists and walk-up performers well into the evening. Admission to today's Muster is $5 or you can buy a 5-day pass for $105. Bush camping is also available on-site and can be booked by phoning the Homestead's caretakers on (07) 4168-0159. You can also get a program of this year's Muster in PDF format by clicking here.
Wednesday Afternoon Games - Blackbutt
- The Roy Emerson Museum at the end of Hart Street in Blackbutt will be hosting Wednesday afternoon board games from 2:00pm to around 4:00pm today. There'll be a big range of popular board games on offer, but guests are welcome to bring their own if they wish. Playing fees are just $2, which includes afternoon tea or coffee (BYO mug), and everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Jackie on 0438-785-009.
Aussie Bingo - Murgon
- Bingo games will be played at the Australian Hotel in Lamb Street, Murgon this morning, with eyes down at 10:30am. Everyone is welcome.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Wednesday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Connections Craft Group
- The Connections Craft Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 12:00 noon to around 2:00pm this afternoon. Members can bring their own craft project, or join in an activity the group is doing. Everyone is welcome and morning tea is provided for a gold coin donation. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Goomeri SES Meeting
- The Goomeri SES will be holding their regular Wednesday night training session at the SES Building in Dickinson Park, Goomeri from 6:30pm to around 8:30pm tonight. Anyone from the Goomeri district who's interested in joining the SES (or simply finding out more about what's involved) is very welcome to come along. More details? Phone Group Leader Steve Kay on 0429-836-572 or Ray on (07) 4168-4150.
Rising Stars Playgroup - Yarraman
- The Yarraman Rising Stars Playgroup will be meeting at the Yarraman P9 State School Meeting Room between 8:45am and 10:30am this morning. Children involved in the playgroup will get to enjoy a morning of indoor and outdoor play and fun; develop pre-reading and pre-writing skills; form strong relationships with other children; and transition to school more smoothly. If you're bringing your child along, you should also bring along morning tea, a water bottle, a hat, closwed-in shoes suitable for climbing and old clothes (sunscreen will be provided). The playgroup meets every Wednesday during school terms. More details? Phone the school on (07) 4173-7333
Wednesday Night Dance Class
- Dance classes will be held at Inverlaw Hall in Inverlaw from 7:30pm tonight. The classes are a great way to learn ballroom dancing classics like the Quick Step, Jazz Waltz, Swing Waltz, Evening Three Step and many more, and class fees are just $4. More details? Phone David on 0459-228-882.
Wednesday Night Poker
- Wednesday night poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy tonight. Registrations start at 6:30pm and play begins at 7:00pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Murgon Rotary Club
- The Murgon Rotary Club will be holding their regular Wednesday evening dinner meeting at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 6:30pm onwards tonight (meeting starts at 7:00pm). New members are always welcome! More details? Phone (07) 4168-1180.
- The Kingaroy Ukesters ukulele group will be holding their weekly meeting in The Hub Room of Kingaroy's Orana Aged Care Facility from 1:00pm to 3:00pm this afternoon. The group meets every Wednesday for a group play and sing-along session, and members range from raw beginners to experts. New members are always very welcome, and fun tuition for the world's easiest to play instrument is always available. More details? Phone Dorothy on 0419-778-015 or Neil on 0400-478-378.
Wednesday Morning Bridge
- The Kingaroy Bridge Club will be holding their regular Wednesday morning bridge games at the pavilion nearest to town inside the Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street from 9:00am to 1:00pm today. New and visiting players are most welcome (training is available for new players too, if needed) and the $5 meeting fee includes morning tea. More details? Phone Helen on (07) 4162-2128
Indoor Bowls & Cards Day
- The Kingaroy Senior Citizens Club will be hosting indoor bowls and cards (500) competitions at its centre on the corner of Avoca and Kingaroy Streets, Kingaroy between 9:00am and 4:00pm today. Indoor bowls competitions commence at 9:00am and cards at around 1:00pm, and the $2 admission includes a cup of tea. Everyone is welcome. For more details phone (07) 4163-6191.
Nanango Men's Shed
- The Nanango Men's Shed at the corner of Mt Stanley Road and Heathermore Lane, Nanango will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today (and also on Mondays). New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Ben on 0491-102-087
Wednesday Ladies Bowls - Yarraman
- The Yarraman Bowls Club in Margaret Street, Yarraman will be holding their weekly Ladies Bowls games from 9:00am this morning. New players are always welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-8269
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Nanango Country Quilters & Crafts
- The Nanango Country Quilters And Crafts group meet every Wednesday at the Nanango Cultural Centre in George Street, Nanango between 9:00am to 2:00pm. Members can get to pursue a wide variety of crafts at these informal gatherings and the $3 meeting fee includes morning tea (but BYO cup and lunch). There's also usually a raffle as well. New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Tricia on (07) 4171-0124.
Business Breakfast - Kingaroy
- A breakfast for South Burnett business owners will be held at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy from 6:30am (for a 7:00am start) to 9:00am this morning. The event will be compered by Matt Collins, who'll interview Joe Prendergast (Goomeri Hotel), Donna Ryan (Jamaica Blue) and professional angler Matthew Mott about ways to improve customer service and business tips in general. The cost of the breakfast is $20. Everyone is welcome, and bookings can be made by phoning (07) 4163-1375.
Busy Needles Group
- The Blackbutt Busy Needles group will be meeting at the Uniting Church Hall in Coulson Street, Blackbutt from 9:30am to 1:30pm today. The group meets every 2nd and 4th Wednesday and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Linda on (07) 4170-0823 or Sue on (07) 4163-0919.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Proston
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. AA isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Proston every Wednesday from 6:00pm at the old railway station at Railway Park in Rodney Street. For more information, phone 0427-137-140.
Wednesday, 24 April 2019