On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Thursday, 23 November 2017
Cherbourg Community Rodeo
- The annual Cherbourg Community Rodeo will be held at the Cherbourg Sports Complex from 3:30pm this afternoon (nominations for participants need to be in by 2:30pm). This year's rodeo will feature Poddy Rides (7-11 years), Junior Steers (12-16 years), Junior Bulls (16-18 years), an Open Bull Ride, a Local Buck Jump (BYO saddle) and a Bull Ride. There'll also be food on site and entertainment in the grounds including jumping castles, displays, live music, a mechanical bull and more. Everyone is welcome! Note: All riders aged 40 or more need to obtain a doctor's certificate to compete.
Taras Hall Bingo - Nanango
- Bingo games will be held at Taras Hall immediately next to Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 9:00am this morning (doors open at 9:00am; eyes down at 10:00am sharp). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4163-1375.
Country Kitchens Walking Group - Kingaroy
- The Country Kitchens Walking Group will be leaving the QCWA Rooms at 122 Kingaroy Street in Kingaroy at 9:30am this morning for a leisurely one-hour walk around town. The walking group is for mums and bubs, nans and prams and each walk will be led by a personal trainer and QCWA Country Kitchen facilitators. The group is open to anyone who'd like to join in, and the walks will happen at the same time and place each Thursday during school terms - a great way to have fun and make new friends! More details? Phone Janelle on 0419-861-616 or send her an email.
St Joseph's Bingo - Murgon
- St Joseph's Parish Hall in Angel Avenue, Murgon will be hosting bingo games from 7:30pm this evening. There'll be $1000 in prizes on offer as well as a canteen and lucky bingo tickets. Proceeds will go to aid St Joseph's school and community works.
Kingaroy Community Kitchen
- The Kingaroy Community Kitchen will be holding its regular Thursday morning meeting at St Mary's Hall at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 9:30am to around 1:00pm today. Community Kitchen members learn how to cook a variety of budget conscious home-cooked meals, then sit down together for a communal lunch afterwards to enjoy the results for the cost of a gold coin donation. New members are always welcome! More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Coopers Gap Wind Farm Community Consultation Meeting - Cooranga North
- The Coopers Gap Wind Farm will be holding its quarterly Community Consultative Meeting at the Cooranga North Memorial Hall at Cooranga North from 4:00pm to around 5:00pm this afternoon. The meeting will update guests on the progress of AGL's Coopers Gap Wind Farm project, and will be followed by the group's Christmas break-up. Members of the public are very welcome to sit in on the meeting as observers.
Kumbia QCWA Meeting
- The QCWA Kumbia Branch in Bell Street will open its doors at 9.00am this morning for a cuppa, followed by a branch meeting at 9:30am. After this formality has been attended to, though, members will focus on friendship and fun through sharing their skills in traditional and contemporary art and handcraft activities for the remainder of the morning and into the afternoon. Members, non-members and new members are all very welcome! More details? Phone president Catherine Woodham on 0403-616-564. Note: The Kumbia branch meets on the 4th Thursday of each month from February to November.
Murgon Spinning, Weaving and Dyeing Group
- The Murgon Spinning, Weaving & Dyeing Group will be holding a meeting at the Wondai Art Gallery on the roundabout at Wondai from 9:00am to 2:00pm today. The group is open to anyone interested in learning spinning, weaving or dyeing and it meets on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month. More details? Phone Enid on (07) 4168-2614, Judy on (07) 4168-4634 or Judith on (07) 4168-5698.
Proston Show Society Meeting
- The Proston Show Society will be holding its regular monthly meeting at the Proston Showgrounds at 7:00pm tonight. Show Society membership is just $12 a year for adults and
$7 a year for junior members (12 to 18 years), and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Glenda on 0423-612-971 or send her an email.
Hoy - Murgon
- The Ballogie Community Group will be playing Hoy at the Murgon Motor Inn on the Bunya Highway, Murgon from 1:30pm this afternoon as a fundraiser for the annual Christmas Fair. Playing fees are $5.00 (which includes a ticket in the Lucky Door draw) and there'll also be a $1 afternoon tea and $1 raffle tickets. More details? Phone (07) 4164-1249 or 0448-289-403.
Zumba Class - Kingaroy
- A Zumba fitness class run by Ange George will be held at the Anglican Church Hall in Alford Street, Kingaroy at 6:00pm this evening. Classes are held at the same time and place every Tuesday and Thursday. Class fees apply.
South Burnett Unpacked - BP Dam
- Discover South Burnett will be hosting "South Burnett Unpacked" at Yallakool Park on BP Dam in the building next to the dam's kiosk from 9:00am to 4:00pm today. The event - which is aimed at local tourism operators and event organisers - will feature presentations on the South Burnett's visitor economy; South Burnett Rewards; the region's two dams and fishing; food-driven tourism and Regional Flavours; event-driven tourism; and positioning the region's Visitor Information Centres as Welcome Centres. The event is free and lunch will be provided, but you'll need to RSVP by November 14 (Monday to Wednesday) to secure a seat by phoning Kay on (07) 4189-9538 or by emailing her.
Old Time Dancing Classes - Murgon
- Old Time Dancing will be held at the South Burnett PCYC in Macalister Street, Murgon at 1:00pm to 3:00pm this afternoon. The class caters to all levels from beginners to advanced, all in a fun and social atmosphere lead by a qualified dance instructor. Class fees - which include tea and coffee - are just $4 if you're dancing, or $2 if you're watching. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the PCYC on (07) 4168-1889 or send them an email.
Tai Chi Class - Kumbia
- Kumbia's weekly Tai Chi class will be held in the lunch room at the Kumbia Sports Ground from 8:30am to 9:30am this morning. The class is for beginners and new members are always welcome.
CTC AGM - Kingaroy
- South Burnett CTC will be holding its Annual General Meeting at the South Burnett Enterprise Centre at 6 Cornish Street, Kingaroy at 6:00pm this evening, followed by light refreshments. All interested people are welcome to attend, but to help plan the catering an RSVP to (07) 4162-9000 or by email by Thursday, November 16 would be greatly appreciated.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers will be available for $20.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Kingaroy
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Kingaroy every Thursday from 7:30pm at the "Biscuit Tin", behind St Mary's Church Hall, 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy. For more information, phone (07) 4162-5747.
Thursday, 23 November 2017