On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Friday, 23 March 2018
Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 10:00am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be four jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Public Consultation Meeting - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Regional Council will be holding a public consultation meeting on the up-coming Kingaroy Revitalisation Project at the Kingaroy Town Hall Reception Room from 9:00am to 11:00am this morning. Consultants who have been engaged for the project will be presenting their preliminary plans for discussion and the Council is encouraging as many people as possible to attend.
Heritage House Dinner - Yarraman
- Heritage House at 26 Millar Street in Yarraman will be holding their monthly dinner at 6:00pm this evening. Heritage House's monthly dinners are always an inexpensive fun night out with great entertainment, but to help plan the catering you'll need to phone (07) 4163-8111 to make a booking. Everyone is welcome! PS: Heritage House dinners are normally held on the last Friday of the month, but this month's is being held a week earlier than usual because of Good Friday,
Cuppa And Chat Group - Kingaroy
- The Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am this afternoon. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
South Burnett Wine Appreciation Society - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Wine Appreciation Society will be holding their latest monthly meeting at Mal and Julie Clifford's house at 3 Belle Street, Kingaroy (or if it rains, at Ted and Maxine's home at 4 Jubilee Street) in Kingaroy from 6:30pm onwards this evening. Tonight's meeting will look at aged red wines from storage. The Wine Appreciation Society is open to anyone who'd like to learn more about wines and the $10 meeting fee covers all wine tastings and nibbles. More details? Email Bruce by clicking here or phone Dafyd on (07) 4162-3899 during business hours.
Art With Lyn - Nanango
- Creative Connections at 8 George Street in Nanango will be hosting art classes with artist Lyn Felsman from 10:00am to 1:00pm today. Tuition fees are $15 per person - which includes morning tea - and participants should BYO art supplies and project. To book, phone Lyn on 0421-679-258.
Outdoor Movie Night - Wheatlands
- Wheatlands State School P&C will be holding an Outdoor Movie Night at the school at 422 Byee Road tonight as a fundraiser. This will be an all-ages, alcohol-free event. Gates will open at 6:00pm and screening will start at 7:00pm sharp. BYO chairs, pillows or blankets. There will also be a sausage sizzle, soft drinks, popcorn, light up toys and raffle tickets all available for purchase. Admission is $5 per person or $20 for a family, and everyone is welcome.
Friday Afternoon Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. More details from the club on (07) 4168-9367.
Friday Night At The Shed - Nanango
- The Shed in Little Drayton Street, Nanango (just next to the Scott Car Park) will be open from 7:30pm until late tonight for local musicians and anyone else who enjoys music to come along, bring their instruments and jam in a relaxed and informal setting (or just sit on the Shed's lounges, listen in and enjoy the wide variety of talent on offer). The Shed fires up every Friday night, has no admission charge and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Jane on 0400-631-677.
Friday Afternoon Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games on the third green at the rear of the Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 3:00pm this afternoon. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Advanced Tai Chi - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Arthritis & Osteoporosis Support Group will be running an advanced Tai Chi class at SBcare at the corner of Avoca and Kingaroy Streets in Kingaroy from 9:00am to 10:00am this morning. The classes aim to help relieve pain and improve quality of life, relieve stress, sharpen concentration, and improve balance, posture and mobility. Class fees are $3 for each attendance plus a $20 fee to Arthritis Queensland for insurance. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone June 0419-026-760, Jan 0434-891-600 or Antonia 0431-149-816 (Note: these classes run every week during school terms except for public holidays).
Kumbia Kindy Movie Night - Kingaroy
- The Kumbia Kindy will be holding a Movie Night at Kingaroy's Satellite Cinema in Short Street from 7:45pm this evening as a fundraiser. Tickets are $20 per person, which includes nibbles and a movie, and bookings are necessary. More details? Phone Jess on 0448-800-180 or the Kumbia Kindy on (07) 4164-4200.
Blue Light Disco - Yarraman
- A Blue Light Disco for young people aged under 18 will be held at the Yarraman Community Hall in Browne Street from 5:00pm to 9:00pm tonight. Entry fees are $5, all children need to be collected by an adult and under-5s need to be accompanied by an adult. Young Timbertowners are also very welcome - a bus will be leaving Les Muller Park in Hart Street, Blackbutt at 4:45pm and will return around 9:15pm.
Friday Afternoon Scroungers - Nanango
- The Nanango Bowls Club in Henry Street will be holding their regular Friday Afternoon Scroungers matches at 4:00pm today. A $5 match fee applies and new players are very welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-3363.
The Stepping Stones - Murgon
- Popular country and country rock performers The Stepping Stones will be appearing at the Murgon RSL in Lamb Street, Murgon from 7:00pm until later tonight. Admission is free. More details from the RSL on (07) 4168-1819
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers will be available for $20.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone Joan on (0427) 496-684 or Ruth on (0447) 812-789. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact Joanne or Ruth about this too, or visit the website.
Friday, 23 March 2018