On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Saturday, 21 September 2019
Kingaroy & District Vintage Machinery Club Rally - Kingaroy
- The first day of the annual two day Kingaroy & District Vintage Machinery Club Rally will be held at Geoff Raph Drive at Kingaroy Airport between 9:00am and 5:00pm today. The rally attracts vintage machinery enthusiasts from all over South East Queensland and there'll be a huge range of antique machinery on display including cars, tractors, trucks, crawlers and stationary engines. Other highlights include a Grand Parade, slow tractor races, sled pulling, ploughing, ring events and much, much more! If you're hungry, there'll also be a barbecue, food and drink stalls operating all day too. Exhibitors from other clubs are also very welcome, but you'll need to arrange your own public liability insurance (which will be sighted on arrival). Admission is $10, but under-12s can get in for free.
- The first day of the weekend-long Manumbar Campdraft will be held at the Manumbar Campdraft Grounds today, kicking off at 6:00am this morning and continuing until dusk. This year's campdraft will feature Maiden, Novice, Junior, Juvenile, Restricted Open and Open Drafts, as well as pony club events for children. There's free on-site camping and a pig-on-a-spit dinner and live entertainment tonight as well. Admission to the campdraft is 100% free for spectators and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Sheryl on (07) 4168-8107, message the Manumbar Campdraft's Facebook page or send her an email.
Nanango & District Netball Association Presentations
- The Nanango & District Netball Association will be holding their annual end-of-season presentations at their courts in Brooklands Road, Nanango from 10:00am this morning (presentations start at 10:30am). Guests should bring a plate of food to share along with their togs or boardies and a towel, because there'll also be a water slide operating as well as music and games. All players and their families are very welcome!
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Swimming Season Launch Party - Murgon
- Murgon's Jubilee Swimming Pool at 101 Gore Street, Murgon will be launching the 2019-2020 season today with a Swimming Season Launch Party from noon to 5:00pm. Parents are invited to bring along their children, sunscreen, swimmers and towels for fun day out that will include loads of inflatables. The pool's modern kiosk will also be open to purchase supplies and a BBQ will be running as well. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Lori at the pool on 0407-670-612. Note: The Yarraman, Proston and Wondai pools will also open for the season today, and Kingaroy's pool will open on September 25. Nanango's pool is open year-round. However, Goomeri's swimming pool - which was also due to open today - has postponed its opening due to current water shortages in the town; and Blackbutt's pool reopening has also been delayed due to maintenance work.
Byte Nite - Murgon
- The South Burnett PCYC in Macalister Street, Murgon will be hosting a Byte Nite from 7:00pm to around 11:00pm tonight for Murgon and Cherbourg youngsters. Children can play a range of fun and entertaining games and pursue other amusements for free during the course of the night, as well as get a free meal and a ride home afterwards if they need one, all under the supervision of caring local volunteers. Byte Nite is an initiative of the PCYC and Murgon Business and Development Association to tackle youth crime in the district by giving youngsters something to do on a Saturday night, and anyone who'd like to volunteer to help this community-driven initiative in any way should contact Sgt Rene Bond at the PCYC on (07) 4168-1889 for more information.
Cooyar Spit Roast
- The Cooyar Hotel on the New England Highway at Cooyar will be holding a Spit Roast Night with live music in their Outback Bar behind the pub from 6:30pm until late tonight. The cost is just $20 per head for a great two-course winter feed, but seating is limited so a booking is a must: (07) 4692-6185. There's also free camping nearby if you'd like to stay over.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at the old railway station building at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston for its regular Saturday morning meeting today, kicking off with a cuppa at 9:00am. The meeting will run until around noon, and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Geoff on 0439-694-000.
- The Wondai parkrun group will be holding their weekly 5km timed run at Coronation Park in Wondai at 7:00am this morning. Runners follow a course along the South Burnett Rail Trail and the parkrun group is free to join. All you need to do is register (once) online at parkrun.com.au and bring the printed barcode to any parkrun event. More details? Send an email.
Moore Hall Markets
- The monthly Moore Hall Markets will be held outside Moore Soldiers Memorial Hall on the D'Aguilar Highway at Moore from 6:30am to around noon today. The markets feature arts, crafts and bric-a-brac and the nearby Kai Lounge will be open for morning teas and lunches.
- The third Saturday of the month Kingaroy Markets will be held at the southern end of the Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 7:00am to around 12:00pm today. The markets are jointly run by the Kingaroy Rotary Club and Kingaroy Show Society and feature a great array of arts, crafts, fruit and flower stalls, along with a Rotary Club sausage sizzle if you get peckish. New stallholders are always very welcome! More details? Phone Patrick on 0419-648-754.
Saturday Morning Tennis
- The Blackbutt Tennis Club in Hart Street, Blackbutt (just up the road from the Radnor Hotel) will be running social tennis games from 8:00am this morning. New players are always welcome.
Central Queensland U18s Girls Carnival - Murgon
- The first day of the inaugural Central Queensland U18s Rugby League Girls Carnival will be held at the Murgon Showgrounds in Macalister Street, Murgon today. At 10:00am, Toowoomba will play the South Burnett; at 11:00am, Sunshine Coast will play Rockhampton; at 3:00pm, Toowoomba will play Sunshine Coast; and at 4:00pm, South Burnett will play Rockhampton. A canteen will be operating in the grounds and spectators are very welcome! Note: The carnival will conclude with two further games tomorrow morning.
Billy Guy - Kingaroy
- Entertainer Billy Guy will be performing at the Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy from 7:00pm to around 11:00pm tonight. Admission is free. More details from the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Speedway Practice Night - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Speedway Club will be holding a Practice Night at their track inside the main ring of Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 5:00pm until around 9:00pm tonight. The event is a warm-up for the first race of the 2019-20 season on October 19, and spectators are very welcome to come along and watch all the action for free.
Kingaroy Bowls Club Bingo
- The Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman St, Kingaroy will be running bingo matches from 7:30pm this evening with over $1000 in prizes on offer. More details from the club on (07) 4162-1404
70s Disco Fundraiser - Murgon
- The Royal Hotel in Lamb Street, Murgon will be holding a 70s Disco Fundraiser tonight with music by Clowry Kennel. The evening aims to help the Hall family participate in a karate competition and in addition to prizes for the best-dressed guests, there'll also be raffles and a money board. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the Royal on (07) 4168-1799.
Buffet Night - Hivesville
- The Hivesville Hotel in Main Street, Hivesville will be holding a Buffet Night from 6:00pm to around 7:45pm this evening, offering a range of dishes for a low flat fee. More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 4168-9876.
Seafood & Sax - Murgon
- The Australian Hotel in Lamb Street, Murgon will be holding a Seafood & Sax Night with the South Burnett's very own Sultan of Sax Tom McKenzie from 5:30pm until late tonight. Seafood platters for one or two people will be available, along with the hotel's normal menu. More details from the pub: (07) 4168-1077
Zone Duo - Kingaroy
- Party band Zone Duo will be performing at the Commercial Hotel at the corner of Glendon and Haly Streets, Kingaroy from 7:30pm until late tonight. Admission is free. More details from the hotel on (07) 4162-1380.
PJ Party - Wondai
- The Wondai Hotel in Haly Street, Wondai will be holding a PJ Party with live music from Guy Davis and Spit Roast from 6:00pm until late tonight. Admission is free. More details from the hotel on (07) 4168-5274.
Blackbutt Helping Hands
- Blackbutt's Helping Hands group - who provide emergency food relief and other assistance to those doing it tough - will be open at St John's Anglican Church in Gladys Street, Blackbutt from 9:00am to 11:00am this morning. More details? Phone Davina on 0409-271-308
Saturday, 21 September 2019