On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Friday, 21 September 2018
Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 10:00am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be four jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Over 50s Bingo - Proston
- Bingo games will be held at the Community Hall in Rodney Street, Proston from 9:00am this morning, with eyes down at 9:30am. There's a $100 jackpot on offer, and morning tea is available for just $2. Over 50s Bingo is held on the first and third Friday of each month and everyone - including Under 50s - is welcome. More details? Phone Noela on (07) 4168-9296.
Blue Light Roller Skating - Nanango
- The Nanango Blue Light Disco committee will be holding their third Friday of the month U18s Blue Light roller skating night at the Nanango Skating Rink in George Street, Nanango from 6:00pm to 8:00pm this evening. There'll be lots of fun plus games and prizes, and a canteen will be operating too. Admission is $5, which includes skate hire, and the event is fully supervised. More details? Phone Nanango Police on (07) 4171-6333.
Friday Afternoon Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. More details from the club on (07) 4168-9367.
Cuppa And Chat Group - Kingaroy
- The Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am this afternoon. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Friday Afternoon Scroungers - Nanango
- The Nanango Bowls Club in Henry Street will be holding their regular Friday Afternoon Scroungers matches at 4:00pm today. A $5 match fee applies and new players are very welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-3363.
Friday Night At The Shed - Nanango
- The Shed in Little Drayton Street, Nanango (just next to the Scott Car Park) will be open from 7:30pm until late tonight for local musicians and anyone else who enjoys music to come along, bring their instruments and jam in a relaxed and informal setting (or just sit on the Shed's lounges, listen in and enjoy the wide variety of talent on offer). The Shed fires up every Friday night, has no admission charge and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Jane on 0400-631-677.
Friday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games on the third green at the rear of the Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 3:00pm this afternoon. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Art With Lyn - Nanango
- Creative Connections at 8 George Street in Nanango will be hosting art classes with artist Lyn Felsman from 10:00am to 1:00pm today. Tuition fees are $15 per person - which includes morning tea - and participants should BYO art supplies and project. To book, phone Lyn on 0421-679-258.
Advanced Tai Chi - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Arthritis & Osteoporosis Support Group will be running an advanced Tai Chi class at SBcare at the corner of Avoca and Kingaroy Streets in Kingaroy from 9:00am to 10:00am this morning. The classes aim to help relieve pain and improve quality of life, relieve stress, sharpen concentration, and improve balance, posture and mobility. Class fees are $3 for each attendance plus a $20 fee to Arthritis Queensland for insurance. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone June 0419-026-760, Jan 0434-891-600 or Antonia 0431-149-816 (Note: these classes run every week during school terms except for public holidays).
Last Day Of Term 3
- Today is the last day of Term 3. Students will start their Spring vacation on Saturday, and motorists will be able to drive an extra 10kph past schools if they want to ... at least until schools resume for Term 4 on Monday, October 8.
Prayer For Rain - Yarraman
- An ecumenical Prayer For Rain will be held at the Yarraman Over 50s Club in Emmert Street, Yarraman at 9:30am this morning. Everyone is welcome.
Illumin8 Youth Event - Murgon
- The New Horizons Christian Church on the Bunya Highway at Murgon will be holding Illumin8 with faith-based band Iron & Clay and Free2Dance from 6:00pm tonight. This free event will include free buses, a free BBQ and prizes, and all young people are welcome. More details from the church on (07) 4168-3455 or 0458-587-609.
Senior Football Presentation Night - Murgon
- South Burnett Football will be holding their 2018 Presentation Night for the region's senior soccer players at the Royal Hotel in Lamb Street, Murgon from 6:00pm (for a 6:30pm start). Tickets to this licensed event are $22 per head and all players, parents and supporters are very welcome.
Roll For Relief - Wondai
- Roll For Relief will be held at the Wondai Country Club off the Bunya Highway north of Wondai's CBD tonight, kicking off with a BBQ at 5:30pm and followed by lawn bowls from 7:00pm. The evening is a fundraiser to support drought-affected farmers and tickets are $15 for adults or $10 for under 15s, both of which include a burger. Play will be in teams of five but if you don't have a team, one will be found for you. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Evan on 0408-066-276 or Chris on 0437-685-996.
Burger Friday - Blackbutt
- Blackbutt RSL at the corner of Douglas and Muir Streets in Blackbutt will be holding its monthly Burger Friday today. The bar will open at 3:00pm and $6 burgers and $2 chips will be dispensed from 6:00pm to 8:00pm, along with a limited number of chicken burgers. There'll also be a kid's menu of chicken nuggets and chips available for $5. Everyone is welcome.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers will be available for $20.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone Joan on (0427) 496-684 or Ruth on (0447) 812-789. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact Joanne or Ruth about this too, or visit the website.
Friday, 21 September 2018