On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Thursday, 21 September 2017
Blackbutt Agricultural Society
- The Blackbutt Agricultural Society will be holding their third Thursday of the month meeting at the main pavilion inside the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road at 7:00pm this evening. All interested people are welcome to attend.
South Burnett Toastmasters - Kingaroy
- South Burnett Toastmasters will be holding a meeting in the Anzac Room of Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy at 7:00pm this evening. Toastmasters is a great way to learn how to speak in public and boost your self-confidence, and new members are always very welcome! Meetings are held on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Thursdays of the month. More details? Visit the South Burnett Toastmasters website
SBRC Roadshow - Murgon
- The South Burnett Regional Council will be holding the fifth of nine Roadshow meetings at the Murgon Town Hall in Gore Street, Murgon at 5:30pm (for a 6:00pm start) this evening. The Roadshow will update residents on what the Council has been doing since it was elected 18 months ago; current projects it's working on; and its new Economic Development Strategy, which aims to create 3000 new jobs in the region by 2020. The Murgon Business and Development Association will also update guests on their own projects. A BBQ dinner to help fundraise for a Murgon community group will be available for purchase, and everyone is welcome.
Taras Hall Bingo - Nanango
- Bingo games will be held at Taras Hall immediately next to Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 9:00am this morning (doors open at 9:00am; eyes down at 10:00am sharp). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4163-1375.
Old Time Dancing Classes - Murgon
- Old Time Dancing will be held at the South Burnett PCYC in Macalister Street, Murgon at 1:00pm to 3:00pm this afternoon. The class caters to all levels from beginners to advanced, all in a fun and social atmosphere lead by a qualified dance instructor. Class fees - which include tea and coffee - are just $4 if you're dancing, or $2 if you're watching. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the PCYC on (07) 4168-1889 or send them an email.
MBDA Breakfast Meeting - Murgon
- The Murgon Business and Development Association will be holding their latest monthly meeting for 2017 at the Royal Hotel at the corner of Gore and Lamb Streets at 6:30am this morning (entry is via Gore Street). Breakfast is $19 per head, and an RSVP to Margaret on (07) 4168-2922 by 3:00pm on Wednesday, August 9 would be greatly appreciated for catering purposes. The meeting will feature several guest speakers and introduce new MBDA members. All interested people are welcome to attend. Note: This meeting was originally scheduled for the 14th, but was deferred for a week.
Pottery Class - Nanango
- Creative Connections at 8 George Street, Nanango will be running their regular Thursday pottery class from 9:30am to noon this morning. Class fees are $10 - which includes morning tea and materials - and participants should BYO apron. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Nazrin on 0415-392-466.
Kingaroy Community Kitchen
- The Kingaroy Community Kitchen will be holding its regular Thursday morning meeting at St Mary's Hall at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 9:30am to around 1:00pm today. Community Kitchen members learn how to cook a variety of budget conscious home-cooked meals, then sit down together for a communal lunch afterwards to enjoy the results for the cost of a gold coin donation. New members are always welcome! More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Zumba Class - Kingaroy
- A Zumba fitness class run by Ange George will be held at the Anglican Church Hall in Alford Street, Kingaroy at 6:00pm this evening. Classes are held at the same time and place every Tuesday and Thursday. Class fees apply.
Nanango Stags RLFC Meeting
- The Nanango Stags rugby league football club will be holding their monthly meeting at their clubhouse at Stags Oval on the D'Aguilar Highway south of Nanango's CBD at 6:00pm tonight. All members are very welcome to attend.
NaTDA Meeting and AGM - Nanango
- The Nanango Tourism & Development Association will be holding its monthly dinner meeting and Annual General Meeting in the Long Hai Room at the Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 5:30pm this evening. NaTDA aims to assist, foster, instigate and/or manage any project that could contribute to the advancement of the communities in and around Nanango, and it represents the interests of the Nanango community, business and tourism operators. All interested people are very welcome to come along and get involved! Afterwards, the meeting will be followed by an informal, optional social dinner at the RSL's bistro. You can obtain more information by phoning Gloria Kirkness on (07) 4163-2848.
Tai Chi Class - Kumbia
- Kumbia's weekly Tai Chi class will be held in the lunch room at the Kumbia Sports Ground from 8:30am to 9:30am this morning. The class is for beginners and new members are always welcome.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding their Saturday meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
South Burnett Computer Users Group - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Computer Users Group will be holding their fortnightly meeting from 10:00am today at the Orana Drop-In Centre at MacDiarmid Street in Kingaroy. SBCUG is a not-for-profit group that aims to help seniors get the most from their computers. Beginners through to more advanced users are catered for with demonstrations and practical lessons. If you're interested in becoming confident using your computer, you're very welcome to come and learn in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. The meeting starts at 10:00am with a short break at 11:30am, and then continues to 1:00pm. You can bring your own laptop to follow along on the lessons and get help with any problems you have, or learn on one of the groups laptops if you have a desktop model at home. More details? Call Call Helen on (0413) 196-658 or Michael on (07) 4163-3586. You can also read more about this group on our website.
St Joseph's Bingo - Murgon
- St Joseph's Parish Hall in Angel Avenue, Murgon will be hosting bingo games from 7:30pm this evening. There'll be $1000 in prizes on offer as well as a canteen and lucky bingo tickets. Proceeds will go to aid St Joseph's school and community works.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers will be available for $20.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Kingaroy
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Kingaroy every Thursday from 7:30pm at the "Biscuit Tin", behind St Mary's Church Hall, 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy. For more information, phone (07) 4162-5747.
Thursday, 21 September 2017