On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Friday, 21 June 2019
Shrek The Musical - Kingaroy
- St Mary's Catholic College students will be performing in the Walt Disney musical "Shrek" at the Maryknoll Centre in the college's grounds at 10 Kent Street, Kingaroy at 6:00pm tonight. Tickets are $8 for adults and $5 for children and pensioners or $20 for a family pass (two adults and two children) and they can be obtained at the door. There'll also be food and refreshments available on site. You can read more about this show on our website.
Full Sircle - Yarraman
- Acoustic duo Full Sircle will be performing at the Royal Hotel on the D'Aguilar Highway at Yarraman from 7:00pm until late tonight. Admission is free. More details from the hotel on (07) 4163-8219.
Queensland Winter Craft Festival - Kingaroy
- The Queensland Winter Craft Festival will be running throughout June and July at the Kingaroy Regional Art Gallery in Haly Street, Kingaroy (opposite the peanut silos). The Gallery will be hosting exhibitions from a number of South Burnett craft groups each month, and it will also be running a daily program of workshops covering everything from pom-pom and rug making to Kumihimo braiding, spinning and weaving, woodcrafts, dichroic glass and more. The Craft Festival is the most extensive event of its kind in Queensland, and you can get the full program of this month's workshops and craft-related activities as a PDF by clicking here. More details? Phone the Gallery on (07) 4189-9323.
Nanango Blue Light Roller Skating
- The Nanango Blue Light Disco committee will be holding their regular U18s Blue Light roller skating night at the Nanango Skating Rink in George Street, Nanango from 6:00pm to 8:00pm this evening. There'll be lots of fun plus games and prizes, and a canteen will be operating too. Admission is $5, which includes skate hire, and the event is fully supervised. Blue Light skate nights run on the first and third Fridays of the month during school terms. More details? Phone Nanango Police on (07) 4163-1211
Open AA Meeting - Proston
- A "tag-along" group of visiting members of Alcoholics Anonymous will be the guests of the Proston AA Group tonight. An "open" AA meeting, for AA members, guests and anyone interested in learning more about AA will be held from 6:00pm in the building opposite Proston Town Hall. For more information, phone Brian on 0401-253-211.
Friday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the rear of the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 9:00am to around 11:30am this morning. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Kingaroy Cuppa & Chat Group
- The Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am today. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Friday Afternoon Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. More details from the club on (07) 4168-9367.
Friday Feels With Fitzy - Kingaroy
- The Commercial Hotel at the corner of Haly and Glendon Streets, Kingaroy will be holding an acoustic "Friday Feels" session with popular local entertainer Rob Fitz-Herbert from Misfitz from 6:30pm to around 9:30pm tonight. Everyone is welcome and there's no admission charge. More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 4162-1380.
Anne Etherton - Murgon
- Covers performer Anne Etherton will be delivering 1950s-60s rock and roll hits plus classic, pub and country rock at the Australian Hotel in Lamb Street, Murgon from 6:00pm until late tonight. Admission is free. More details from the hotel on (07) 4168-1077.
Friday Night At The Shed - Nanango
- The Shed in Little Drayton Street, Nanango (just next to the Scott Car Park) will be open from 7:00pm until late tonight for local musicians and anyone else who enjoys music to come along, bring their instruments and jam in a relaxed and informal setting (or just sit on the Shed's lounges, listen in and enjoy the wide variety of talent on offer). The Shed fires up every Friday night, has tea and coffee-making facilities, and there's no admission charge. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Jane on 0400-631-677.
Friday Afternoon Scroungers - Nanango
- The Nanango Bowls Club in Henry Street will be holding their regular Friday Afternoon Scroungers matches at 4:00pm today. A $5 match fee applies and new players are very welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-3363
Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 10:00am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be four jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Burton's Circus - Kingaroy
- Burton's Circus will be giving a two-hour performance at Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street, Kingaroy at 7:00pm tonight. Ticket prices range from $25 to $45 per head for adults, and $15 to $35 for children, depending on how close you want to sit to the main ring. They can be obtained at the door. More details? Phone the Circus on 0435-996-386.
Over 50s Bingo - Proston
- Bingo games will be held at the Community Hall in Rodney Street, Proston from 9:00am this morning, with eyes down at 9:30am. There's a $100 jackpot on offer, and morning tea is available for just $2. Over 50s Bingo is held on the first and third Friday of each month and everyone - including Under 50s - is welcome. More details? Phone Noela on (07) 4168-9296.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers are available for a modest price to people facing financial difficulties.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone Joan on (0427) 496-684 or Ruth on (0447) 812-789. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact Joanne or Ruth about this too, or visit the website.
Friday, 21 June 2019