On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Thursday, 20 July 2017
Blackbutt Agricultural Society
- The Blackbutt Agricultural Society will be holding their third Thursday of the month meeting at the main pavilion inside the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road at 7:00pm this evening. All interested people are welcome to attend.
Pottery Class - Nanango
- Creative Connections at 8 George Street, Nanango will be running their regular Thursday pottery class from 9:30am to noon this morning. Class fees are $10 - which includes morning tea and materials - and participants should BYO apron. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Nazrin on 0415-392-466.
South Burnett Toastmasters - Kingaroy
- South Burnett Toastmasters will be holding a meeting in the Anzac Room of Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy at 7:00pm this evening. Toastmasters is a great way to learn how to speak in public and boost your self-confidence, and new members are always very welcome! Meetings are held on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Thursdays of the month. More details? Visit the South Burnett Toastmasters website
Coach Tour To Clifton
- The Murgon branch of National Seniors will be running a coach trip to see Clifton's Tivoli Picture Theatre today, followed by a town walk around Clifton to see its other attractions. Bus seats are $60 per person and everyone is welcome, whether they're a National Seniors member or not. The bus will also pick up passengers along the route, but bookings are essential. More details? Phone Paula on (07) 4168-3114.
Tourism Workshop - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Regional Council will be hosting a tourism workshop at the Kingaroy Town Hall Supper Room from 9:00am to 4:00pm today. The purpose of the workshop is to discuss alternative approaches to tourism promotion, and interested groups and individuals who wanted to take part needed to RSVP by July 12.
Tai Chi Class - Kumbia
- Kumbia's weekly Tai Chi class will be held in the lunch room at the Kumbia Sports Ground from 8:30am to 9:30am this morning. The class is for beginners and new members are always welcome.
Tobacco Laws And Sports Clubs Workshop - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Regional Council will be holding a workshop on tobacco laws and how sporting clubs can comply with them at the Town Common Hall in Oliver Bond Street, Kingaroy from 6:00pm to 8:30pm this evening. The workshop is free and sports clubs who'd like to avoid running foul of the State's laws should attend. You can also read more about this workshop on our website.
Old Time Dancing Classes - Murgon
- Old Time Dancing will be held at the South Burnett PCYC in Macalister Street, Murgon at 1:00pm to 3:00pm this afternoon. The class caters to all levels from beginners to advanced, all in a fun and social atmosphere lead by a qualified dance instructor. Class fees - which include tea and coffee - are just $4 if you're dancing, or $2 if you're watching. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the PCYC on (07) 4168-1889 or send them an email.
St Joseph's Bingo - Murgon
- St Joseph's Parish Hall in Angel Avenue, Murgon will be hosting bingo games from 7:30pm this evening. There'll be $1000 in prizes on offer as well as a canteen and lucky bingo tickets. Proceeds will go to aid St Joseph's school and community works.
Kingaroy Community Kitchen
- The Kingaroy Community Kitchen will be holding its regular Thursday morning meeting at St Mary's Hall at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 9:30am to around 1:00pm today. Community Kitchen members learn how to cook a variety of budget conscious home-cooked meals, then sit down together for a communal lunch afterwards to enjoy the results for the cost of a gold coin donation. New members are always welcome! More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Nanango Stags RLFC Meeting
- The Nanango Stags rugby league football club will be holding their monthly meeting at their clubhouse at Stags Oval on the D'Aguilar Highway south of Nanango's CBD at 6:00pm tonight. All members are very welcome to attend.
NaTDA Meeting - Nanango
- The Nanango Tourism & Development Association will be holding its monthly dinner meeting in the Long Hai Room at the Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 5:30pm this evening. NaTDA aims to assist, foster, instigate and/or manage any project that could contribute to the advancement of the communities in and around Nanango, and it represents the interests of the Nanango community, business and tourism operators. All interested people are very welcome to come along and get involved! Afterwards, the meeting will be followed by an informal, optional social dinner at the RSL's bistro. You can obtain more information by phoning Gloria Kirkness on (07) 4163-2848.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding their Saturday meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Zumba Class - Kingaroy
- A Zumba fitness class run by Ange George will be held at the Anglican Church Hall in Alford Street, Kingaroy at 6:00pm this evening. Classes are held at the same time and place every Tuesday and Thursday. Class fees apply.
Taras Hall Bingo - Nanango
- Bingo games will be held at Taras Hall immediately next to Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 9:00am this morning (doors open at 9:00am; eyes down at 10:00am sharp). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4163-1375.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers will be available for $20.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Kingaroy
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Kingaroy every Thursday from 7:30pm at the "Biscuit Tin", behind St Mary's Church Hall, 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy. For more information, phone (07) 4162-5747.
Thursday, 20 July 2017