On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Thursday, 20 June 2019
Queensland Winter Craft Festival - Kingaroy
- The Queensland Winter Craft Festival will be running throughout June and July at the Kingaroy Regional Art Gallery in Haly Street, Kingaroy (opposite the peanut silos). The Gallery will be hosting exhibitions from a number of South Burnett craft groups each month, and it will also be running a daily program of workshops covering everything from pom-pom and rug making to Kumihimo braiding, spinning and weaving, woodcrafts, dichroic glass and more. The Craft Festival is the most extensive event of its kind in Queensland, and you can get the full program of this month's workshops and craft-related activities as a PDF by clicking here. More details? Phone the Gallery on (07) 4189-9323.
- The Nanango Tourism & Development Association will be holding its monthly dinner meeting in the Long Hai Room at the Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 5:30pm tonight. NaTDA aims to assist, foster, instigate and/or manage any project that could contribute to the advancement of the communities in and around Nanango, and represents the interests of the Nanango community, business and tourism operators. All interested people are very welcome to come along and get involved! Afterwards, the meeting will be followed by an informal, optional social dinner at the RSL's bistro. You can obtain more information by phoning Gloria Kirkness on (07) 4163-2848.
Blackbutt Agricultural Society
- The Blackbutt Agricultural Society will be holding their third Thursday of the month meeting at the main pavilion inside the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road at 7:00pm this evening. All interested people are welcome to attend.
National Seniors Meeting - Murgon
- The Murgon branch of National Seniors will be holding their third bi-monthly meeting for 2019 at the Murgon Bowls Club at 103 Macalister Street, Murgon from 10:00am to around 11:30am this morning. Today is the group's regular meeting and all interested people are welcome. Afterwards, members usually adjourn to the Murgon Services Club for lunch. The group meets on the third Thursday of every second month and run regular bus trips to nearby areas on alternate months. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone Paula on (07) 4168-3114 or (0438) 708-885.
Hoy - Murgon
- The Ballogie Community Group will be playing Hoy at the Murgon Motor Inn on the Bunya Highway, Murgon from 1:30pm onwards this afternoon. It costs $5 to play and there'll be a $1 afternoon tea and $1 raffle tickets available. The Hoy group meets on the 4th Thursday of each month and new players are very welcome. More details? Phone (07) 4164-1249 or 0448-289-403.
Social Golf - Blackbutt
- The Blackbutt Golf Club at 51 Langton Road, Blackbutt will be running their weekly Sporters's Club game at 3:00pm this afternoon. This is a 6 hole event and everyone is welcome to come and enjoy a fun game of golf, as well as the chance to win a chook, golf balls or tees. Green fees are $5:00 for adults and $1:00 for children. More details? Phone the golf club on (07) 4163-0180.
Old Time Dancing Classes
- Old Time Dancing will be held at the South Burnett PCYC in Macalister Street, Murgon at 1:00pm to 3:00pm this afternoon. The class caters to all levels from beginners to advanced, all in a fun and social atmosphere lead by a qualified dance instructor. Class fees - which include tea and coffee - are just $4 if you're dancing, or $2 if you're watching. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the PCYC on (07) 4168-1889 or send them an email.
St Joseph's Bingo - Murgon
- St Joseph's Parish Hall in Angel Avenue, Murgon will be hosting bingo games from 7:30pm this evening. There'll be $1000 in prizes on offer as well as a canteen and lucky bingo tickets. Proceeds will go to aid St Joseph's school and community works.
Tai Chi Classes - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Arthritis & Osteoporosis Support Group will be running Tai Chi classes at the Uniting Church Hall in Alford Street, Kingaroy this morning. An intermediate class will run from 9:00am to 10:00am, followed by a beginners class from 10:15am to 11:15am. The classes aim to help relieve pain and improve quality of life, relieve stress, sharpen concentration, and improve balance, posture and mobility. Class fees are $3 for each attendance plus a $20 fee to Arthritis Queensland for insurance. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone June 0419-026-760, Jan 0434-891-600 or Antonia 0431-149-816 (Note: these classes run every week during school terms except for public holidays).
Taras Hall Bingo - Nanango
- Bingo games will be held at Taras Hall immediately next to Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 9:00am this morning (doors open at 9:00am; eyes down at 10:00am sharp). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4163-1375.
Tai Chi Class - Kumbia
- Kumbia's weekly Tai Chi class will be held in the lunch room at the Kumbia Sports Ground from 8:30am to 9:30am this morning. The class is for beginners and new members are always welcome.
Thursday Yoga - Blackbutt
- Yoga classes will be held at the Blackbutt Memorial Hall in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 9:00am to 10:00am this morning. Class fees are $4 and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Pauline on 0437-606-699.
Kingaroy Community Kitchen
- The Kingaroy Community Kitchen will be holding its regular Thursday morning meeting at St Mary's Hall at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 9:30am to around 1:00pm today. Community Kitchen members learn how to cook a variety of budget conscious home-cooked meals, then sit down together for a communal lunch afterwards to enjoy the results for the cost of a gold coin donation. New members are always welcome! More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
South Burnett Toastmasters
- South Burnett Toastmasters will be holding a meeting in the Anzac Room of Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy at 7:00pm this evening. Toastmasters is a great way to learn how to speak in public and boost your self-confidence, and new members are always very welcome! Meetings are held on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Thursdays of the month. More details? Visit the South Burnett Toastmasters website
Burton's Circus - Kingaroy
- Burton's Circus will be giving a two-hour performance at Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street, Kingaroy at 6:00pm tonight. Ticket prices range from $25 to $45 per head for adults, and $15 to $35 for children, depending on how close you want to sit to the main ring. They can be obtained at the door. More details? Phone the Circus on 0435-996-386.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers are available for a modest price to people facing financial difficulties.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Kingaroy
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Kingaroy every Thursday from 7:30pm at the "Biscuit Tin", behind St Mary's Church Hall, 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy. For more information, phone (07) 4162-5747.
Thursday, 20 June 2019