On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Friday, 20 April 2018
South Burnett Show Society Gala Dinner - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Show Society will be swapping their traditional Show Ball at Kingaroy Town Hall for a Gala Show Dinner at the Kucks Pavilion inside the Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street from 6:00pm tonight. This fully licensed event will be catered by chef Eddie McGregor and will include a great two course buffet dinner, live music, complimentary punch and a raffle for a gourmet degustation dinner. Dress is smart casual and tickets are $30 for adults and $15 for teens aged 12-17 (under-12s are free). Tickets are are available at the Show Society office in the Kingaroy Showgrounds, unless sold out earlier.
Over 50s Bingo - Proston
- Bingo games will be held at the Community Hall in Rodney Street, Proston from 9:00am this morning, with eyes down at 9:30am. There's a $100 jackpot on offer, and morning tea is available for just $2. Over 50s Bingo is held on the first and third Friday of each month and everyone - including Under 50s - is welcome. More details? Phone Noela on (07) 4168-9296.
- The first day of the three day 2018 Manumbar Campdraft will be held at the Manumbar Campdraft Grounds, kicking off at 2:00pm this afternoon and continuing until dusk. This year's campdraft will feature Maiden, Novice, Junior, Juvenile, Restricted Open and Open Drafts, as well as pony club events for children. There's free on-site camping and a pig-on-a-spit dinner and live entertainment on Saturday night as well. Admission to the campdraft is 100% free for spectators and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Sheryl on (07) 4168-8107, message the Manumbar Campdraft's Facebook page or send her an email.
Friday Night AFL Training - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Saints AFL Club will be holding their regular Friday night training session at Lyle Vidler Oval in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) at 5:30pm. The Saints field male, female and junior teams and train every Tuesday and Friday night. New players are always welcome.
Blue Light Disco - Kingaroy
- A Blue Light Disco will be held at Kingaroy Town Hall in Glendon Street, Kingaroy from 6:00pm to 8:30pm this evening. Entry to the disco is restricted to young people aged from prep to 14 years who can produce their student ID. Admission is $5 and - as usual - attendees are asked to remember that Blue Light Discos are drug, alcohol, chewing gum and tobacco free and no passouts or early exit will be given without parental permission and/or collection. More details? Contact the Kingaroy police station on (07) 4160-4900
Friday Afternoon Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games on the third green at the rear of the Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 3:00pm this afternoon. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 10:00am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be four jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Advanced Tai Chi - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Arthritis & Osteoporosis Support Group will be running an advanced Tai Chi class at SBcare at the corner of Avoca and Kingaroy Streets in Kingaroy from 9:00am to 10:00am this morning. The classes aim to help relieve pain and improve quality of life, relieve stress, sharpen concentration, and improve balance, posture and mobility. Class fees are $3 for each attendance plus a $20 fee to Arthritis Queensland for insurance. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone June 0419-026-760, Jan 0434-891-600 or Antonia 0431-149-816 (Note: these classes run every week during school terms except for public holidays).
Friday Night At The Shed - Nanango
- The Shed in Little Drayton Street, Nanango (just next to the Scott Car Park) will be open from 7:30pm until late tonight for local musicians and anyone else who enjoys music to come along, bring their instruments and jam in a relaxed and informal setting (or just sit on the Shed's lounges, listen in and enjoy the wide variety of talent on offer). The Shed fires up every Friday night, has no admission charge and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Jane on 0400-631-677.
Cuppa And Chat Group - Kingaroy
- The Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am this afternoon. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Friday Afternoon Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. More details from the club on (07) 4168-9367.
Friday Afternoon Scroungers - Nanango
- The Nanango Bowls Club in Henry Street will be holding their regular Friday Afternoon Scroungers matches at 4:00pm today. A $5 match fee applies and new players are very welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-3363.
Art With Lyn - Nanango
- Creative Connections at 8 George Street in Nanango will be hosting art classes with artist Lyn Felsman from 10:00am to 1:00pm today. Tuition fees are $15 per person - which includes morning tea - and participants should BYO art supplies and project. To book, phone Lyn on 0421-679-258.
Music Afternoon - Kingaroy
- A music afternoon featuring the Harokeuette Oakey Accordion Group will be held at the South Burnett Senior Citizens Centre in Avoca Street, Kingaroy (opposite SupaIGA) from 1:00pm to 3:00pm today. Admission is by gold coin donation and includes afternoon tea. Everyone is welcome.
Twilight Markets - Nanango
- A Twilight Market will be held at 8 George, Nanango (diagonally opposite the Cultural Centre) from 5:30pm to 8:00pm this evening. The markets feature hand-made, home-made and home-grown items. Everyone is welcome!
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers will be available for $20.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone Joan on (0427) 496-684 or Ruth on (0447) 812-789. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact Joanne or Ruth about this too, or visit the website.
Friday, 20 April 2018