On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Friday, 02 November 2018
8th Annual Murgon Music Muster
- The fourth day of the 8th annual Murgon Music Muster will be held at the Murgon Showgrounds in Macalister Street today, and will feature a Bush Poet's Breakfast from 7:00am to 9:00am, followed by a walk-up concert that will run from 9:00am to 11:30am. Entry to both the breakfast and walk-up concert is free. The 2018 Muster will be officially opened at 12:30pm, and this will be followed by main stage artists performing from 1:00pm to 10:30pm. Tickets to the main stage concert are $25 for adults and $12.50 for young people aged 12 to 18 (under 12s are free). Alternately, you can buy a 4-day pass which today's main stage concert plus all the paid entertainment on Saturday and Sunday for $65 per adult or $32.50 per child. The Muster will continue daily until Sunday, November 4 and you can find out more details about it on the Murgon Music Muster website.
Tagalong Tour - Blackbutt
- Instead of holding its regular monthly History morning, this month the Blackbutt and District Tourism and Heritage Association will be holding another one its popular Tagalong Tours this morning. The tour will leave (via car pooling) from the Roy Emerson Museum (Nukku Nook) in Hart Street, Blackbutt at 8:00am. Stops will include Hill 60 (where a wreath will be laid), reforestation areas (weather permitting), morning tea at Tennants' Auto Museum, the Jimna fire tower, bora rings, Jesse's Well and Benarkin Settlers Park, before returning to Nukku Nook at 1:00pm for a light barbecue lunch. Cost is $20 which includes morning tea and lunch. RSVP to Jackie on 0438-785-009 or by email by October 31 for catering purposes.
Colour Fun Run - Kingaroy
- St John's Lutheran School P&F Association are hosting a Colour Fun Run from 5:00pm to 7:30pm this evening at the school in Ivy Street, Kingaroy. Entry fee is $13 which includes a T-shirt (orders must be in by October 22). Lollies, glow sticks and extra coloured powder will be on sale on the night for $3. There'll also be a barbecue from 5:00pm. Registrations can be made online
Yarraman Kindy Bingo Night
- The Yarraman Kindy will be holding a Bingo Night at the Yarraman Memorial Hall in Browne Street, Yarraman at 6:00pm tonight as a fundraiser (eyes down at 7:00pm sharp). There'll be $500 in cash prizes to be won, a licensed bar and canteen, a multi-draw raffle, lucky door prize, undercover bingo and more. Admission is free - guests can simply purchase game cards on the night - and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Helen on 0417-724-932.
Art Exhibition Opening - Wondai
- The Wondai Regional Art Gallery on the roundabout at Wondai will be opening their latest monthly exhibition with a wine and cheese tasting at 6:00pm tonight. This month the gallery will be featuring "The Magic Of Miniatures" by the Gympie Tuesday Art Group in the first gallery; "The Inspiration Exhibition" by the Booie Spinners in the main gallery; and "The Four Of Us" by the Wondai Art Group Sundays in the third gallery. As usual, tonight's opening will also feature great hot and cold finger foods and punch, along with wine tastings from a local winery, live entertainment and lots of fun socialising. Admission is $5 and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the Gallery on (07) 4168-5926. Note: After tonight's opening the exhibition will remain on show from 10:00am to 4:00pm daily until the end of November.
Muddy Flats - Murgon
- The South Burnett's most popular Indigenous band Muddy Flats will be performing at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 7:00pm until late tonight. Admission is free. More details from the club on (O7) 4168-1819.
Friday Night At The Shed - Nanango
- The Shed in Little Drayton Street, Nanango (just next to the Scott Car Park) will be open from 7:30pm until late tonight for local musicians and anyone else who enjoys music to come along, bring their instruments and jam in a relaxed and informal setting (or just sit on the Shed's lounges, listen in and enjoy the wide variety of talent on offer). The Shed fires up every Friday night, has no admission charge and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Jane on 0400-631-677.
Friday Afternoon Scroungers - Nanango
- The Nanango Bowls Club in Henry Street will be holding their regular Friday Afternoon Scroungers matches at 4:00pm today. A $5 match fee applies and new players are very welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-3363
Friday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games on the third green at the rear of the Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 3:00pm this afternoon. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Blue Light Halloween Party - Nanango
- The Nanango Blue Light committee will be holding a special costume party from 6:00pm to 8:00pm this evening at the Nanango Skating Rink on the corner of George and Elk streets, Nanango. Children should come along in their spookiest costumes! Admission is $5 and the event is fully supervised. More details? Phone Nanango Police on (07) 4163-1211 or Peter on 0422-196-219.
Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 10:00am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be four jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Blue Light Disco - Kingaroy
- The regular Kingaroy Blue Light Disco will be taking on a spooky Halloween theme tonight at Kingaroy Town Hall in Glendon Street. The spooktacular event will run from 6:00pm to 8:30pm this evening. Entry to the disco is restricted to young people aged from prep to 14 years who can produce their student ID. Admission is $5 and - as usual - attendees are asked to remember that Blue Light Discos are drug, alcohol, chewing gum and tobacco free. Parents can collect their children from inside the hall at any time. More details? Contact the Kingaroy police station on (07) 4160-4900.
Advanced Tai Chi - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Arthritis & Osteoporosis Support Group will be running an advanced Tai Chi class at SBcare at the corner of Avoca and Kingaroy Streets in Kingaroy from 9:00am to 10:00am this morning. The classes aim to help relieve pain and improve quality of life, relieve stress, sharpen concentration, and improve balance, posture and mobility. Class fees are $3 for each attendance plus a $20 fee to Arthritis Queensland for insurance. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone June 0419-026-760, Jan 0434-891-600 or Antonia 0431-149-816 (Note: these classes run every week during school terms except for public holidays).
My Favourite Things - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy State High School Instrumental Music program is presenting an evening of great music from 6:00pm to 8:00pm at the Kingaroy Performing Arts Centre (KPAC). Entry is via Markwell Street, and cost is a gold coin donation. Everyone is welcome!
Friday Afternoon Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. More details from the club on (07) 4168-9367.
Grazing BMP Farm Safety Workshop - Tansey
- A Grazing BMP Farm Safety Workshop will be held at Tansey from 9:30am to around 2:00pm today. The workshop - organised by BMRG - will be a relaxed and friendly get-together to look at how to set up practical farm safety systems or review systems already in place. It will also cover what landholder WH&S obligations are whether they employ staff, contractors or are owner-operators. You can obtain more details and/or register by clicking here.
Cuppa And Chat Group - Kingaroy
- The Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am this afternoon. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
QRRRWN Barambah Branch Meeting
- The Barambah branch of the Queensland Rural, Regional and Remote Women's Network will be holding their first Friday of the month meeting today. The branch meets at a different venue each month, starting with smoko at 9:30am before the meeting gets underway at 10:00am. New members and guests are always welcome! More details on the location of this month's meeting? Phone Marg on 0418-689-728 or send her an email.
Over 50s Bingo - Proston
- Bingo games will be held at the Community Hall in Rodney Street, Proston from 9:00am this morning, with eyes down at 9:30am. There's a $100 jackpot on offer, and morning tea is available for just $2. Over 50s Bingo is held on the first and third Friday of each month and everyone - including Under 50s - is welcome. More details? Phone Noela on (07) 4168-9296.
Kingaroy Concerned Citizens Group AGM
- The Kingaroy Concerned Citizens Group will be holding their Annual General Meeting at the Kingaroy Town Common Hall in Oliver Bond Street, Kingaroy at 7:00pm this evening. All interested people are welcome to attend.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers will be available for $20.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone Joan on (0427) 496-684 or Ruth on (0447) 812-789. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact Joanne or Ruth about this too, or visit the website.
Friday, 02 November 2018