On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Friday, 02 August 2019
Art Exhibition Opening - Wondai
- The Wondai Regional Art Gallery on the roundabout at Wondai will be opening their latest monthly exhibition with a wine and cheese tasting at 6:00pm tonight. This month the gallery will be hosting “Seed” by Meg Hansen in the front gallery; the “Relations Art Exhibit” by Pat van Kempen, Trish Corneal and Raewyn Cardew in the main gallery; and "Where I Am" by Kane Brunjes in the rear gallery. Meanwhile, children from Proston State School will be exhibiting works of their own in Kidz Korner. As usual, tonight's opening will also feature great hot and cold finger foods and punch, along with wine tastings from Cranes Winery, live entertainment and lots of fun socialising. Admission is just $5 and everyone is welcome to attend. More details? Phone the Gallery on (07) 4168-5926. Note: After tonight's opening the exhibition will remain on show from 10:00am to 4:00pm daily until the end of the month.
The Sound Of Music - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Musical Comedy Society's production of the all-time classic "The Sound Of Music" will be having its fourth performance at the Kingaroy Performing Arts Centre at the end of Markwell Street, Kingaroy at 7:00pm tonight. The Sound Of Music began in 1959 as a stage musical composed by Rodgers and Hammerstein, and become internationally famous when it was converted into a movie in 1965 starring Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer, winning five Academy Awards (including Best Picture and Best Director) and becoming the highest grossing film of all time for the next five years. Tickets to tonight's performance are $25 for adults, $20 for pensioners and students (under 4s are free) or $100 for a family of 2 adults and 3 children, and can be booked online. One additional 7:00pm evening performance will be held tomorrow night, followed by a 2:00pm matinee performance on Sunday.
Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 10:00am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be four jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Kingaroy Freemason Lodge Meeting
- Kingaroy's Freemason Lodge will be holding its first Friday of the month meeting at the Masonic Temple at 22 William Street, Kingaroy from 7:30pm to around 9:30pm this evening. Visitors are very welcome to attend the meeting, and potential members are invited to the post meeting supper. More details? Email the Secretary or visit the Lodge's Facebook page.
Nanango Blue Light Roller Skating
- The Nanango Blue Light Disco committee will be holding their regular U18s Blue Light roller skating night at the Nanango Skating Rink in George Street, Nanango from 6:00pm to 8:00pm this evening. There'll be lots of fun plus games and prizes, and a canteen will be operating too. Admission is $5, which includes skate hire, and the event is fully supervised. Blue Light skate nights run on the first and third Fridays of the month during school terms. More details? Phone Nanango Police on (07) 4171-6333.
QRRRWN Barambah Branch Meeting
- The Barambah branch of the Queensland Rural, Regional and Remote Women's Network will be holding their first Friday of the month meeting today. The branch meets at a different venue each month, starting with smoko at 9:30am before the meeting gets underway at 10:00am. New members and guests are always welcome! More details on the location of this month's meeting? Phone Marg on 0418-689-728 or send her an email.
Friday Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. More details from the club on (07) 4168-9367.
Kingaroy Cuppa & Chat Group
- The Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am today. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Friday Night At The Shed - Nanango
- The Shed in Little Drayton Street, Nanango (just next to the Scott Car Park) will be open from 7:00pm until late tonight for local musicians and anyone else who enjoys music to come along, bring their instruments and jam in a relaxed and informal setting (or just sit on the Shed's lounges, listen in and enjoy the wide variety of talent on offer). The Shed fires up every Friday night, has tea and coffee-making facilities, and there's no admission charge. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Jane on 0400-631-677.
Friday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the rear of the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 9:00am to around 11:30am this morning. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Friday Night Rugby League - Kingaroy
- League fans keen for a bit of action should get down to T.J. O'Niell Oval in Youngman Street, Kingaroy at 7:30pm tonight. Kingaroy's Red Ants will be playing the Murgon Mustangs in an A-Grade match, and a canteen will be operating on site. Spectators and supporters are very welcome. Tomorrow, the A-Grade action will shift to Jack O'Chin Oval in Cherbourg, where the Wolves will play the Hornets at 2:00pm.
Over 50s Bingo - Proston
- Bingo games will be held at the Community Hall in Rodney Street, Proston from 9:00am this morning, with eyes down at 9:30am. There's a $100 jackpot on offer, and morning tea is available for just $2. Over 50s Bingo is held on the first and third Friday of each month and everyone - including Under 50s - is welcome. More details? Phone Noela on (07) 4168-9296.
Alex The Frenchman & DJdirex - Kingaroy
- The Commercial Hotel at the corner of Haly and Glendon Streets in Kingaroy will be hosting Alex The Frenchman from 7:30pm tonight in an acoustic session, followed by DJDirex who'll be spinning the platters from 9:00pm until late. Admission is free and everyone is welcome. More details from the hotel on (07) 4162-1380.
Muddy Flats - Murgon
- The South Burnett's favourite Indigenous band Muddy Flats will be performing at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 7:00pm to around 11:00pm tonight. Admission is free. More details from the club on (07) 4168-1819.
Karaoke At The Palace - Nanango
- The Palace Hotel in Drayton Street, Nanango will be holding a Karaoke Night from 7:30pm to around 11:00pm this evening as a warm-up for tomorrow's Nanango Markets. No talent is required - just a willingness to get up and give it a red hot go. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Beau at the Palace on (07) 4163-1287.
Seafood Buffet With MisFitz - Kingaroy
- The Carrollee Hotel in King Street, Kingaroy will be holding an all-you-can-eat Seafood Buffet from 5:30pm until late tonight, along with live music from MisFitz. Tickets are $49.95 per head and a booking is required to get a seat: (07) 4162-1055.
Friday Afternoon Scroungers - Nanango
- The Nanango Bowls Club in Henry Street will be holding their regular Friday Afternoon Scroungers matches at 4:00pm today. A $5 match fee applies and new players are very welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-3363
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers are available for a modest price to people facing financial difficulties.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone Joan on (0427) 496-684 or Ruth on (0447) 812-789. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact Joanne or Ruth about this too, or visit the website.
Friday, 02 August 2019