On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Saturday, 18 November 2017
Friendship Markets - Kingaroy
- The third Saturday of the month Friendship Markets will be held at the Cheers Triangle end of the Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 7:00am to around 12:00pm today. The markets are jointly run by the Kingaroy Rotary Club and Kingaroy Show Society and they feature a great array of arts, crafts, fruit and flower stalls. New stallholders are always very welcome! More details? Phone Patrick on 0419-648-754.
Kingaroy QCWA Girls Craft Club
- The Kingaroy QCWA Girls Craft Club will be holding its third Saturday of the month meeting at the Kingaroy QCWA Rooms at 122 Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy from 1:00pm to 4:00pm this afternoon. The club - which is for young girls aged 10 and above - teaches basic life skills like sewing, embroidery, healthy cooking and catering. The cost is $2 a day plus a small charge for materials used, and all young girls and teens are very welcome. More details? Phone Marilyn on (07) 4162-2697 or Lois on (07) 4162-3824.
Yarraman Horse Ride
- The Yarraman Agricultural Society will be holding the 21st annual Yarraman Horse Ride today - a 26km trail ride around neighbouring properties. The ride will leave the Yarraman Showgrounds on the New England Highway west of town at 8:00am following a compulsory briefing at 7:30am. The cost of the ride is $20 for TRA members or $35 for non-members, which includes cold water throughout the day (lunch can be purchased in the morning before the ride). Free camping will be available at the Showgrounds on Friday and Saturday night, and meals will be available for purchase from Friday night through to Sunday morning. There'll be a bar and DJ running from around 6:00pm tonight after the ride concludes, and non-horse riders are very welcome to attend for free (but no BYO is allowed). More details? Phone Robert on 0438-638-506 or Matthew on 0428-835-696.
Hivesville QCWA Mini Cent Sale And Plant Sale
- The Hivesville QCWA will be holding their popular annual Mini Cent Sale at their rooms in Main Street, Hivesville (just down from the Hivesville Hotel) from 1:00pm to around 3:00pm this afternoon. All prizes on offer are home made or grown, and all the plants for sale come from local gardens. Entry is just $5 and it includes an entry for the lucky door prize and a great afternoon tea. There'll also be a raffle and Romaine from Ramesa Nursery will be the special guest speaker. Tickets will be available at the door. More details? Phone Denise on (07) 4168-5191.
Jungle Juice - Nanango
- SOLD OUT! The South Burnett Musical Comedy Society will be presenting the second performance of their new theatre-restaurant show "Jungle Juice" at Taras Hall next to Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 7:00pm tonight. Jungle Juice tells the story of a plane carrying two rock stars and a reporter that crashes on an island which has a severe man shortage. The result is a zany tropical cocktail of melodrama and music, somewhere between Brigadoon and The Gods Must be Crazy. Tickets to the show - which include a two course dinner - are $40 and need to be booked online. Note: Two further performances will be held at the Kingaroy Senior Citizens Centre (next Friday and Saturday night).
Bowls Club Bingo - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman St, Kingaroy will be running bingo matches from 7:30pm this evening with over $1000 in prizes on offer. More details from the club on (07) 4162-1404
- The Wondai parkrun group will be holding their weekly 5km timed run at Coronation Park in Wondai at 7:00am this morning. Runners follow a course along the South Burnett Rail Trail and the parkrun group is free to join. All you need to do is register (once) online at parkrun.com.au and bring the printed barcode to any parkrun event. More details? Send an email.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at the old railway station building at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston for its regular Saturday morning meeting today, kicking off with a cuppa at 9:00am. The meeting will run until around noon, and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Geoff on 0439-694-000.
Makers, Bakers & Growers Market - Nanango
- The Makers, Bakers & Growers Market will be held at Creative Connections in George Street, Nanango from 7:30am to around 11:30pm this morning. These markets - formerly run in Kingaroy - focus on fresh and locally-produced items, and everyone is welcome. More details? Email Sue by clicking here.
Seafood Smorgasbord - Wondai
- Dimities Cottage at 49 Haly Street in Wondai will be holding another of their popular monthly all-you-can-eat Seafood Buffets from 6:30pm this evening (dinner starts at 7:00pm). The Buffet features all your favourite hot and cold seafoods fresh from the trawlers, as well as non-seafood dishes, desserts, tea and coffee. Cost is $45 per head (BYO) and since these dinners are nearly always a sell-out, bookings are essential if you want to be sure of a seat: (07) 4168-5744
Jeff Hancox - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett's very own Elvis Jeff Hancox will be performing at the Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy from 7:00pm until late tonight. Admission is free. More details from the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
SBMTB Pizza Ride - Kingaroy to Wooroolin
- The South Burnett Mountain Bike Club (SBMTB) will be holding its first-ever Pizza Ride from Kingaroy to Wooroolin and return tonight. Riders should meet up in Memorial Park in Haly Street at 5:15pm for a 5:30pm start along the South Burnett Rail Trail to Wooroolin, where they'll have a pizza dinner at the famous Wooroolin Cafe ($8 for a small pizza, $15 for a large one) and then return by bike-light to Kingaroy afterwards (BYO light). All cyclists are welcome, whether they're SBMTB members or not.
DJ Danny B - Kingaroy
- DJ Danny B will be performing in The Nest nightclub at the Commercial Hotel at the corner of Glendon and Haly Streets, Kingaroy from 9:00pm to 1:00am this evening. Admission is free. More details from the hotel on (07) 4162-1380.
Kingaroy Swap Meet
- The Kingaroy Vintage Machinery Club will be holding their annual Swap Meet at their clubhouse and grounds at Kingaroy Airport today. The Swap Meet focusses on tractor parts, car and motorcycle parts, collectables, antiques, furniture, plants, toys and tools, with food and drink stands dotting the grounds. Stall fees are $10 and unpowered overnight campsites are available for $10 as well. Everyone is welcome. For more details and/or stall bookings, phone Jeff on 0428-625-408.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding their Saturday meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Ken Willett - Maidenwell
- Popular country music performer Ken (Willo) Willett will be performing at the Maidenwell Hotel from 7:00pm until late tonight as part of the hotel's two day Big Boar Comp. Admission is free. More details from the hotel on (07) 4164-6133.
Maidenwell Hotel Big Boar Comp
- The Maidenwell Hotel will be holding its the second and final day of its two-day inaugural Big Boar Comp today. The event - for boar hunters (and those who wish they could be) - will be offering prizes for the Biggest Boar, Biggest Sow, Mystery Weight, Best Hooks and Biggest One Hunt Load, plus novelty classes for dogs and handlers. More than 83 boar hunters have signed up to compete for the $4500 in cash and prizes on offer, but admission is free for spectators. There's also free camping in the grounds, and entertainment tonight (see elsewhere this page). More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 4164-6133.
Dance Night - Wondai
- Popular South Burnett performers The Stepping Stones (aka Sue Bradley and Geoff Grevell) will be holding a Dance Night at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this evening featuring Old time/New Vogue, Line Dancing and good old Country Rock. Meals will be available from 6:00pm and the music gets underway at 6:30pm. Admission is free and everyone is welcome!
Saturday, 18 November 2017