On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Tuesday, 18 June 2019
Queensland Winter Craft Festival - Kingaroy
- The Queensland Winter Craft Festival will be running throughout June and July at the Kingaroy Regional Art Gallery in Haly Street, Kingaroy (opposite the peanut silos). The Gallery will be hosting exhibitions from a number of South Burnett craft groups each month, and it will also be running a daily program of workshops covering everything from pom-pom and rug making to Kumihimo braiding, spinning and weaving, woodcrafts, dichroic glass and more. The Craft Festival is the most extensive event of its kind in Queensland, and you can get the full program of this month's workshops and craft-related activities as a PDF by clicking here. More details? Phone the Gallery on (07) 4189-9323.
Kingaroy Photographic Club
- The Kingaroy Photographic Club will be holding its 3rd Tuesday of the month meeting inside Kingaroy State High School's Community Room from 6:30pm this evening (access is via the Markwell Street bus parking area). New members are always welcome. More details? Phone Rosemary on (07) 4162-3406.
Peer Support Group - Nanango
- A community meeting will be held in Nanango at noon today to discuss the formation of a mental health peer support group in the town. The meeting will be held from noon at Rapid Fitness in Railway Parade. Everyone is welcome to come along to the community meeting, as well as people interested in becoming a volunteer facilitator.
Proston Over 50s Club
- The Proston Over 50s Club will be holding their regular third Tuesday of the month meeting and social at the Proston Town Hall in Rodney Street from 10:00am onwards today. The $2 admission fee includes morning tea and there'll be a communal lunch at around noon (bring along a plate to share). Members take part in various games, lucky door prizes and progressive raffles, and membership is just $5 per year, with bus trips are organised throughout the year. New members are always welcome! More details? Phone Noela on (07) 4168-9296.
Community Kitchen Cook-Up - Kingaroy
- Centacare Community Connections will be holding a Community Kitchen Cook-Up at 15 Albert Street in Kingaroy from 10:00am to around noon this morning. Attendees at this social cooking group will prepare a meal togerther and share it. Cost is $5 and bookings are essential: (07) 4162-5439
Nanango Scout Group
- The Nanango Scout Club - which meets every Tuesday night during school terms - will be holding its regular weekly meeting at the Scout Den at 40 Henry Street, Nanango (just next to the police station) from 5:30pm to around 7:00pm tonight. The group currently has three sections in operation: Joeys (for children aged 6 to 8 years); Cubs (8-11 years); and Scouts (11-15 years). New members are always very welcome, and so are new leaders and youth members for all sections. More details? Phone Shirley Masnata on (07) 4163-7455 or send her an email.
Indoor Bowls - Wondai
- The Wondai Indoor Bowls Club will be holding its regular Tuesday meeting at the Wondai Town Hall in Mackenzie Street, Wondai at 7:30pm this evening. Three games of 12 ends are played, lasting up to three hours, and playing fees are $3. New members are always welcome and you can find out more details by phoning secretary Christine Rasmussen at Wondai on (07) 4169-0995, Maryanne Pearce at Tingoora on (07) 4169 0776, or Faye Holding at Goomeri on (07) 4168 4494.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at the old railway station building at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston for its regular Tuesday meeting today, kicking off with a cuppa at 9:00am. The meeting will run until around noon, and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Geoff on 0439-694-000.
Social Bowls - Nanango
- The Nanango Bowls Club in Henry Street, Nanango will be holding social lawn bowls games from 12:30pm this afternoon. Dress standard is mufti and new players are very welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-3363
Yarraman Morning Card Games
- Heritage House at 26 Millar Street in Yarraman will be hosting its weekly Tuesday morning 500 card games from 10:00am to around 1:00pm today, followed by a light lunch. Playing fees - which include lunch and a lucky door prize ticket - are just $5. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Heritage House on (07) 4163-8111.
Kingaroy Croquet Club
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the rear of the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 9:00am to around 11:30am this morning. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Tuesday Night Trivia - Kingaroy
- Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy will be holding its regular Tuesday Night Trivia games this evening. Registrations start at 6:30pm and play starts at 7:00pm. Registration is just $2 and play is in teams of six. More details from the RSL: (07) 4162-1755.
Blackbutt Singers - Yarraman
- The Blackbutt Singers will holding their regular Tuesday morning practice session at the Yarraman Community Hall in Browne Street, Yarraman from 9:30am to around noon this morning. New members are very welcome. More details? Call Judy on (07) 4170-0880.
Blackbutt Country Crafters
- The Blackbutt Country Crafters will be holding their regular Tuesday morning meeting at the Uniting Church Hall in Coulson Street, Blackbutt from 9:30am to 2:00pm today. The group caters for people interested in crafts and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone June on (07) 4170-0054 or Roslyn on (07) 4163-0682
Yarraman Indoor Bowls
- The Yarraman Indoor Bowls Club will be holding their regular Tuesday morning meeting at the Lutheran Church Hall in McDaniel Street, Yarraman at 9:30am this morning. New members are always welcome.
Kingaroy QCWA Twilight Branch
- The Kingaroy QCWA Twilight Branch will be holding their third Tuesday of the month meeting at the QCWA Rooms next to Kingaroy RSL in Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy from 6:00pm to around 8:00pm tonight. The Twilight Branch is a new branch of the QCWA specifically designed for working women and busy mums. It meets in the evenings and is separate from the traditional Kingaroy branch (which meets during the day). The Twilight Branch is open to all women who'd like to take part in QCWA activities and/or find out more about this highly respected community organisation. New members are always very welcome! More details? Phone Lois on 0407-965-094 or email her. You can also read more about the branch on this page of our website.
Yarraman Business Group
- The Yarraman Business Group will be holding their regular third Tuesday monthly meeting at the Club Room in the Yarraman Caravan Park on the D'Aguilar Highway north of town at 6:15pm this evening. The group caters for Yarraman businesses and new members are very welcome. More details? Phone 0409-504-383.
South Burnett Chorale
- The South Burnett Chorale will be holding their regular Tuesday practice night at the Church of Christ Hall at the corner of Haly and Burnett Streets in Kingaroy from 7:00pm to 9:00pm this evening. The Chorale meet every Tuesday night during school terms, and new members are always very welcome! More details? Phone Margie on 0424-924-632.
Depression And Anxiety Recovery Program - Kingaroy
- A Depression And Anxiety Recovery Program will be run at the South Burnett Care Hall at the corner of Kingaroy and Avoca Streets, Kingaroy (opposite SuperIGA) at 6:30pm this evening. More details? Phone 0428-752-421
Danny's Diner - Kingaroy
- Danny's Diner - a free community dinner - will be held at the Uniting Church Hall at the corner of Alford and Youngman streets in Kingaroy from 5:30pm to 7:00pm tonight. The dinner is an initiative of the Kingaroy District Ministry Association for the benefit of anyone who's hungry or otherwise doing it tough. While an RSVP isn't essential, it would be appreciated to help plan the catering. You can make one by phoning Lenelle on (07) 4162-8482. You can also read more about Danny's Diner on our website.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Nanango
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Nanango every Tuesday from 5:30pm at the Catholic Church Hall in Alfred Street (next to St Patrick's school). For more information, phone 0427-289-990.
Tuesday, 18 June 2019