On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Thursday, 16 November 2017
Country Kitchens Walking Group - Kingaroy
- The Country Kitchens Walking Group will be leaving the QCWA Rooms at 122 Kingaroy Street in Kingaroy at 9:30am this morning for a leisurely one-hour walk around town. The walking group is for mums and bubs, nans and prams and each walk will be led by a personal trainer and QCWA Country Kitchen facilitators. The group is open to anyone who'd like to join in, and the walks will happen at the same time and place each Thursday during school terms - a great way to have fun and make new friends! More details? Phone Janelle on 0419-861-616 or send her an email.
South Burnett Toastmasters - Kingaroy
- South Burnett Toastmasters will be holding a meeting in the Anzac Room of Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy at 7:00pm this evening. Toastmasters is a great way to learn how to speak in public and boost your self-confidence, and new members are always very welcome! Meetings are held on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Thursdays of the month. More details? Visit the South Burnett Toastmasters website
Woodwind Workshop - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Community Orchestra will be running a Woodwind Workshop at the Uniting Church Hall on the corner of Alford and Youngman streets in Kingaroy from 9:00am to 4:00pm this evening. The workshop is supported by RADF and will be led by experienced teacher, conductor and music festival director Margaret Harrison. Course fees are $10 for the day, which includes a light lunch. You can also read more about this workshop on our website.
Old Time Dancing Classes - Murgon
- Old Time Dancing will be held at the South Burnett PCYC in Macalister Street, Murgon at 1:00pm to 3:00pm this afternoon. The class caters to all levels from beginners to advanced, all in a fun and social atmosphere lead by a qualified dance instructor. Class fees - which include tea and coffee - are just $4 if you're dancing, or $2 if you're watching. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the PCYC on (07) 4168-1889 or send them an email.
Kingaroy Community Kitchen
- The Kingaroy Community Kitchen will be holding its regular Thursday morning meeting at St Mary's Hall at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 9:30am to around 1:00pm today. Community Kitchen members learn how to cook a variety of budget conscious home-cooked meals, then sit down together for a communal lunch afterwards to enjoy the results for the cost of a gold coin donation. New members are always welcome! More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
St Joseph's Bingo - Murgon
- St Joseph's Parish Hall in Angel Avenue, Murgon will be hosting bingo games from 7:30pm this evening. There'll be $1000 in prizes on offer as well as a canteen and lucky bingo tickets. Proceeds will go to aid St Joseph's school and community works.
Zumba Class - Kingaroy
- A Zumba fitness class run by Ange George will be held at the Anglican Church Hall in Alford Street, Kingaroy at 6:00pm this evening. Classes are held at the same time and place every Tuesday and Thursday. Class fees apply.
South Burnett Computer Users Group - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Computer Users Group will be holding their fortnightly meeting from 10:00am today at the Orana Drop-In Centre at MacDiarmid Street in Kingaroy. SBCUG is a not-for-profit group that aims to help seniors get the most from their computers. Beginners through to more advanced users are catered for with demonstrations and practical lessons. If you're interested in becoming confident using your computer, you're very welcome to come and learn in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. The meeting starts at 10:00am with a short break at 11:30am, and then continues to 1:00pm. You can bring your own laptop to follow along on the lessons and get help with any problems you have, or learn on one of the groups laptops if you have a desktop model at home. More details? Call Call Helen on (0413) 196-658 or Michael on (07) 4163-3586. You can also read more about this group on our website.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Tai Chi Class - Kumbia
- Kumbia's weekly Tai Chi class will be held in the lunch room at the Kumbia Sports Ground from 8:30am to 9:30am this morning. The class is for beginners and new members are always welcome.
Blackbutt Agricultural Society
- The Blackbutt Agricultural Society will be holding their third Thursday of the month meeting at the main pavilion inside the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road at 7:00pm this evening. All interested people are welcome to attend.
Kingaroy State High School Year 12 Formal
- Kingaroy State High School's Year 12 formal will be held at Kingaroy Town Hall in Glendon Street, Kingaroy this evening. Glendon Street will be closed between Alford and Haly Streets between 4:00pm and 8:00pm to allow students to be driven to the venue, and spectators are very welcome to watch them arrive and enter the Town Hall from the forecourt, which will occur around 5:00pm.
Nanango State High School Year 12 Formal
- Nanango State High School will also be holding their Year 12 Formal at the High School's hall at the end of Cairns Street, Nanango this evening. Spectators can watch the students arriving outside the hall, which will occur around 5:00pm and run until 6:00pm
Proston State School Awards Night
- Proston State School will be holding their annual Awards Night at the Proston Community Hall in Rodney Street from 7:00pm this evening. Everyone is welcome.
Taras Hall Bingo - Nanango
- Bingo games will be held at Taras Hall immediately next to Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 9:00am this morning (doors open at 9:00am; eyes down at 10:00am sharp). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4163-1375.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers will be available for $20.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Kingaroy
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Kingaroy every Thursday from 7:30pm at the "Biscuit Tin", behind St Mary's Church Hall, 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy. For more information, phone (07) 4162-5747.
Thursday, 16 November 2017