On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Tuesday, 16 April 2019
Safer Driving For Women Workshop - Kingaroy
- Kingaroy police will be holding a free Safer Driving For Women Workshop at the Bill Hull Car Centre at the corner of Kingaroy and Avoca Streets, Kingaroy from 5:30pm to around 8:00pm tonight. The workshop will teach attendees about personal safety, road safety, basic car maintenance, changing tyres and checking oil levels and women of all ages are encouraged to attend. Canapes and cold drinks will be provided, too, but numbers are limited so an RSVP to help plan the catering would be greatly appreciated. You can make one by phoning Kingaroy police on (07) 4160-4900.
Community Meeting - Murgon
- A community meeting will be held at Murgon Town Hall in Gore Street, Murgon at 6:30pm tonight to hear progress on the South Burnett PCYC's plans to trial opening late on Saturday nights in an effort to reduce youth crime in the area. Other speakers will also discuss other aspects of tackling the problem. The meeting will be preceded by a free sausage sizzle at 6:00pm and all interested people are welcome to attend.
Cricket Talent Search - Kingaroy
- A talent search for young cricketers aged 10 to 25 will be held at Taabinga State School in Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy this afternoon. Indigenous cricketers can try out between 3:30pm and 5:00pm, and cricketers with a disability can try out from 4:30pm to 5:30pm. You can find out more details about both these programs on Queensland Cricket's website.
Yarraman Business Group
- The Yarraman Business Group will be holding their regular third Tuesday monthly meeting at the Club Room in the Yarraman Caravan Park on the D'Aguilar Highway north of town at 6:15pm this evening. The group caters for Yarraman businesses and new members are very welcome. More details? Phone 0409-504-383.
Indoor Bowls - Wondai
- The Wondai Indoor Bowls Club will be holding its regular Tuesday meeting at the Wondai Town Hall in Mackenzie Street, Wondai at 7:30pm this evening. Three games of 12 ends are played, lasting up to three hours, and playing fees are $3. New members are always welcome and you can find out more details by phoning secretary Christine Rasmussen at Wondai on (07) 4169-0995, Maryanne Pearce at Tingoora on (07) 4169 0776, or Faye Holding at Goomeri on (07) 4168 4494.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at the old railway station building at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston for its regular Tuesday meeting today, kicking off with a cuppa at 9:00am. The meeting will run until around noon, and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Geoff on 0439-694-000.
Social Bowls - Nanango
- The Nanango Bowls Club in Henry Street, Nanango will be holding social lawn bowls games from 12:30pm this afternoon. Dress standard is mufti and new players are very welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-3363
Yarraman Morning Card Games
- Heritage House at 26 Millar Street in Yarraman will be hosting its weekly Tuesday morning 500 card games from 10:00am to around 1:00pm today, followed by a light lunch. Playing fees - which include lunch and a lucky door prize ticket - are just $5. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Heritage House on (07) 4163-8111.
Kingaroy Croquet Club
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the rear of the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 9:00am to around 11:30am this morning. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Tuesday Night Trivia - Kingaroy
- Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy will be holding its regular Tuesday Night Trivia games this evening. Registrations start at 6:30pm and play starts at 7:00pm. Registration is just $2 and play is in teams of six. More details from the RSL: (07) 4162-1755.
Blackbutt Singers - Yarraman
- The Blackbutt Singers will holding their regular Tuesday morning practice session at the Yarraman Community Hall in Browne Street, Yarraman from 9:30am to around noon this morning. New members are very welcome. More details? Call Judy on (07) 4170-0880.
Blackbutt Country Crafters
- The Blackbutt Country Crafters will be holding their regular Tuesday morning meeting at the Uniting Church Hall in Coulson Street, Blackbutt from 9:30am to 2:00pm today. The group caters for people interested in crafts and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone June on (07) 4170-0054 or Roslyn on (07) 4163-0682
Yarraman Indoor Bowls
- The Yarraman Indoor Bowls Club will be holding their regular Tuesday morning meeting at the Lutheran Church Hall in McDaniel Street, Yarraman at 9:30am this morning. New members are always welcome.
Kingaroy QCWA Twilight Branch
- The Kingaroy QCWA Twilight Branch will be holding their third Tuesday of the month meeting at the QCWA Rooms next to Kingaroy RSL in Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy from 6:00pm to around 8:00pm tonight. The Twilight Branch is a new branch of the QCWA specifically designed for working women and busy mums. It meets in the evenings and is separate from the traditional Kingaroy branch (which meets during the day). The Twilight Branch is open to all women who'd like to take part in QCWA activities and/or find out more about this highly respected community organisation. New members are always very welcome! More details? Phone Lois on 0407-965-094 or email her. You can also read more about the branch on this page of our website.
Free Sewing Workshop - Nanango
- Want to know how to use your sewing machine? How to repair garments? Make some simple items? Follow a pattern? If you're into sewing or want to be, then come along to a free sewing workshop being held in the meeting room behind Our Lady Help Of Christians Catholic Church at 16 Alfred Street, Nanango between 9:00am and 2:00pm today. Bring along your sewing machine and accessories (if you have them - if not, let the organisers know when you register) plus pins, scissors, a tape measure, a picker, a pen and notebook, and your lunch. Women and men are both welcome. More details? Phone Patricia on 0408-762-973.
Kingaroy Photographic Club
- The Kingaroy Photographic Club will be holding its 3rd Tuesday of the month meeting inside Kingaroy State High School's Community Room from 6:30pm this evening (access is via the Markwell Street bus parking area). New members are always welcome. More details? Phone Rosemary on (07) 4162-3406.
Proston Over 50s Club
- The Proston Over 50s Club will be holding their regular third Tuesday of the month meeting and social at the Proston Town Hall in Rodney Street from 10:00am onwards today. The $2 admission fee includes morning tea and there'll be a communal lunch at around noon (bring along a plate to share). Members take part in various games, lucky door prizes and progressive raffles, and membership is just $5 per year, with bus trips are organised throughout the year. New members are always welcome! More details? Phone Noela on (07) 4168-9296.
Danny's Diner - Kingaroy
- Danny's Diner - a free community dinner - will be held at the Uniting Church Hall at the corner of Alford and Youngman streets in Kingaroy from 5:30pm to 7:00pm tonight. The dinner is an initiative of the Kingaroy District Ministry Association for the benefit of anyone who's hungry or otherwise doing it tough. While an RSVP isn't essential, it would be appreciated to help plan the catering. You can make one by phoning Lenelle on (07) 4162-8482. You can also read more about Danny's Diner on our website.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Nanango
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Nanango every Tuesday from 5:30pm at the Catholic Church Hall in Alfred Street (next to St Patrick's school). For more information, phone 0427-289-990.
Tuesday, 16 April 2019