On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Thursday, 15 November 2018
NaTDA Meeting - Nanango
- The Nanango Tourism & Development Association will be holding its monthly dinner meeting in the Long Hai Room at the Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 5:30pm tonight. NaTDA aims to assist, foster, instigate and/or manage any project that could contribute to the advancement of the communities in and around Nanango, and represents the interests of the Nanango community, business and tourism operators. All interested people are very welcome to come along and get involved! Afterwards, the meeting will be followed by an informal, optional social dinner at the RSL's bistro. You can obtain more information by phoning Gloria Kirkness on (07) 4163-2848.
Social Golf - Blackbutt
- The Blackbutt Golf Club at 51 Langton Road, Blackbutt will be running their weekly Sporters's Club game at 3:00pm this afternoon. This is a 6 hole event and everyone is welcome to come and enjoy a fun game of golf, as well as the chance to win a chook, golf balls or tees. Green fees are $5:00 for adults and $1:00 for children. More details? Phone the golf club on (07) 4163-0180.
South Burnett Toastmasters - Kingaroy
- South Burnett Toastmasters will be holding a meeting in the Anzac Room of Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy at 7:00pm this evening. Toastmasters is a great way to learn how to speak in public and boost your self-confidence, and new members are always very welcome! Meetings are held on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Thursdays of the month. More details? Visit the South Burnett Toastmasters website
Old Time Dancing Classes - Murgon
- Old Time Dancing will be held at the South Burnett PCYC in Macalister Street, Murgon at 1:00pm to 3:00pm this afternoon. The class caters to all levels from beginners to advanced, all in a fun and social atmosphere lead by a qualified dance instructor. Class fees - which include tea and coffee - are just $4 if you're dancing, or $2 if you're watching. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the PCYC on (07) 4168-1889 or send them an email.
Kingaroy Community Kitchen
- The Kingaroy Community Kitchen will be holding its regular Thursday morning meeting at St Mary's Hall at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 9:30am to around 1:00pm today. Community Kitchen members learn how to cook a variety of budget conscious home-cooked meals, then sit down together for a communal lunch afterwards to enjoy the results for the cost of a gold coin donation. New members are always welcome! More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
St Joseph's Bingo - Murgon
- St Joseph's Parish Hall in Angel Avenue, Murgon will be hosting bingo games from 7:30pm this evening. There'll be $1000 in prizes on offer as well as a canteen and lucky bingo tickets. Proceeds will go to aid St Joseph's school and community works.
Tai Chi For Health - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Arthritis & Osteoporosis Support Group will be running Tai Chi classes at the Uniting Church Hall in Alford Street, Kingaroy this morning. An intermediate class will run from 9:00am to 10:00am, followed by a beginners class from 10:15am to 11:15am. The classes aim to help relieve pain and improve quality of life, relieve stress, sharpen concentration, and improve balance, posture and mobility. Class fees are $3 for each attendance plus a $20 fee to Arthritis Queensland for insurance. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone June 0419-026-760, Jan 0434-891-600 or Antonia 0431-149-816 (Note: these classes run every week during school terms except for public holidays).
Taras Hall Bingo - Nanango
- Bingo games will be held at Taras Hall immediately next to Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 9:00am this morning (doors open at 9:00am; eyes down at 10:00am sharp). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4163-1375.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Tai Chi Class - Kumbia
- Kumbia's weekly Tai Chi class will be held in the lunch room at the Kumbia Sports Ground from 8:30am to 9:30am this morning. The class is for beginners and new members are always welcome.
Murgon Community Markets
- The fortnightly Murgon Community Markets will be held at the CWA Hall in Macalister Street, Murgon from 8:30am to 1:30pm today. The markets feature crafts, embroidered items, gifts and homewares, fruit and veg, hot food, sauces, chutneys and jams, flavoured breads and baked goods, scents and hand-crafted knits. Everyone is welcome!
Blackbutt Agricultural Society Meeting
- The Blackbutt Agricultural Society will be holding their third Thursday of the month meeting at the main pavilion inside the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road at 7:00pm this evening. All interested people are welcome to attend.
Business XL - Murgon
- The South Burnett Regional Council and the Murgon Business and Development Association will be running Business XL - a regional business networking event - at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon at 5:00pm this afternoon. The event will feature displays from local businesses along with local business guest speakers, a Q&A panel and a workshop on tendering for government business run by the Department of State Development. Admission is free but an RSVP would be appreciated for catering purposes: phone Kristy on (07) 4189-9100.
South Burnett Flight Savers AGM - Kingaroy
- South Burnett Flight Savers - the group responsible for organising the annual Community Family Fun Day to raise funds for LifeFlight - will be holding their Annual General Meeting in the Board Room of the Carrollee Hotel (off the beer garden) at 6:30pm tonight. All interested people are welcome to attend.
National Seniors Mystery Coach Trip
- The Murgon branch of National Seniors will be holding a Mystery Coach Trip today, with a bus departing from Murgon at 7:30am and Kingaroy at 8:20am. Tickets are $54 per head and everyone is welcome along, whether they're National Seniors members or not. You can obtain more details by phoning Paula on (07) 4168-3114.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers will be available for $20.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Kingaroy
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Kingaroy every Thursday from 7:30pm at the "Biscuit Tin", behind St Mary's Church Hall, 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy. For more information, phone (07) 4162-5747.
Thursday, 15 November 2018