On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Saturday, 15 September 2018
Nanango Hospital 120th Anniversary Fete
- Nanango Hospital - the longest operating hospital in Queensland - will be marking its 120th birthday today with a 120th Anniversary Fete in the grounds of Ringsfield House at 41-45 Alfred Street, Nanango between 7:00am and 11:30am. There will be lots of stalls with something for everyone, along with a Nanango Hospital booth that will check your blood pressure and glucose levels for free. Breakfast will be available from the Ringsfield Kitchen Kiosk, too. And later in the day, the fete will be followed by a Cent Auction at nearby Taras Hall next to Nanango RSL. Everyone is welcome!
Bowls Club Bingo - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman St, Kingaroy will be running bingo matches from 7:30pm this evening with over $1000 in prizes on offer. More details from the club on (07) 4162-1404
Kingaroy & District Vintage Machinery Club Rally
- The first day of the annual two day Kingaroy & District Vintage Machinery Club Rally will be held at Geoff Raph Drive at Kingaroy Airport between 9:00am and 5:00pm today. The rally attracts vintage machinery enthusiasts from all over South East Queensland and there'll be a huge range of antique machinery on display including cars, tractors, trucks, crawlers and stationary engines. Other highlights include a Grand Parade, slow tractor races, sled pulling, ploughing, ring events and much, much more! If you're hungry, there'll also be a barbecue, food and drink stalls operating all day too. Exhibitors from other clubs are also very welcome, but you'll need to arrange your own public liability insurance (which will be sighted on arrival). Special features of this year's rally include a focus on British-made machinery and the club's 21st anniversary. Admission is $10, but under-12s can get in for free. You can get a full programme of today's Rally activities on our website
Bikers For Farmers Drought Meet - Kingaroy
- A Bikers For Farmers Drought Meet to help raise funds for the Salvation Army's drought relief efforts will be held at Kingaroy's Showgrounds in Youngman Street from 9:00am to 4:00pm today. For $10 - which will be given directly to the Salvos - bikers can browse the Kingaroy Markets, watch the Kingaroy Junior Motorcycle Speedway Club's State Titles, enjoy buskers and/or inspecting bikes, and other fun and games. Mayor Keith Campbell will officially open the event at noon and everyone is welcome, including non-biker members of the general public who'd just like to check out the hundreds of motorcycles expected to roll up generally lend a hand to a good cause. You can also read more about this event on our website
Queensland State Titles - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Junior Motorcycle Speedway Club will be hosting the Under 16 125cc Solo State Title and the 125cc Best Pairs State Title at their track on the main oval of Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street, Kingaroy today. Junior motorcycle speedway riders from all over Queensland will be taking part in these competitions and spectators can expect to see some great motorcycle speedway action. The solo racing will begin at 10:30am and the Pairs at 2:00pm, with presentations for both following the last race. A canteen will be operating in the grounds and admission for spectators is free. More details? Phone Tracey on 0407-623-012. You can also find out more about who'll be competing today on our website
Blue Pole Art Auction - Wondai
- The Wondai Regional Art Gallery will be holding their bi-annual Blue Pole Art Auction at the Wondai Hotel in Haly Street from 6:15pm tonight (dinner will be served at 7:00pm). For $25 per head, guests can get to enjoy a main meal, dessert and tea or coffee, and make bids on the original artworks that have been attached to poles all over the former Wondai Shire for the past two years. Everyone is welcome!
Island Party - Kingaroy
- The Commercial Hotel at the corner of Haly and Glendon Streets, Kingaroy will be holding an Island Party with DJs iLLp and Direx in the VIP Club from 8:00pm until late tonight. Admission is free. More details from the hotel on (07) 4162-1380.
Beginner's Running Course - Kingaroy
- Kingaroy's Go Getta Girls will be holding a one day beginner running course at Memorial Park in Haly Street from 6:00am to 10:00am this morning. The course is for women over 18 who are interested in learning to run or improving their running. The course covers basic running technique, warm ups, stretches, hill running and running-specific strength exercises. If you'd like to take part you should bring comfy clothes, shoes to run in, a hat, water, a towel and perhaps sunscreen. The full cost of the course is $40 total (which includes brekky) and you should bring your course fee along too. More details? Bookings? Phone Donna on 0409-620-923 by September 14. You can also read more about the Go Getta Girls and today's course on our website.
Proston Rally Club AGM
- The Proston Car Rally Club will be holding its annual general meeting at the Proston Rally Track 7km west of Proston on the Proston-Boondooma Road at 2:00pm this afternoon. All members are encouraged to attend. More details? Phone Sonia on 0402-089-828.
25th Annual QRRRWN State Conference - Kingaroy
- The third (and final) day of the 25th annual QRRRWN State Conference will be held at Kingaroy Town Hall from 7:00am to around 8:00pm tonight. The conference is held in a different Queensland town each year, and this year it's being held in Kingaroy where QRRRWN was founded a quarter of a century ago. Today's activities will focus on talks and workshops, and will be capped off by a wind up dinner at the Whipbird Cafe in Coolabunia from 6:00pm to 8:00pm. You can obtain the full 2018 conference program on QRRRWN's website.
Footsteps - Kingaroy
- Popular South Burnet entertainers Footsteps will be performing at the Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy from 7:00pm until 11:00pm tonight. Admission is free. More details from the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
- The third Saturday of the month Kingaroy Markets will be held at the Cheers Triangle end of the Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 7:00am to around 12:00pm today. The markets are jointly run by the Kingaroy Rotary Club and Kingaroy Show Society and feature a great array of arts, crafts, fruit and flower stalls. New stallholders are always very welcome! More details? Phone Patrick on 0419-648-754.
Nanango Junior Cricket Sign-On Day
- The Nanango Junior Cricket Club (the Scorpions) will be holding their 2018-19 season Sign On Day at the Burnett Street sports fields from from 9:00am to 12:00 noon this morning. New players of any ability aged 5 or older are very welcome.
St John's Kindy Movie Morning - Kingaroy
- St John's Kindy will be holding a movie morning at Kingaroy's Satellite Cinema at 9:30am today for a special screening of the new Disney animation Christopher Robin as a fundraiser. Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 per child (which includes the movie, snacks and a drink) and they can be purchased from the Kindy in Ivy Street, Stiches on Embroidery in Haly Street and Cox Plumbing in Pound Street, Kingaroy.
Proston Healthy Living Forum
- A Healthy Living Forum will be held at the Proston Community Hall in Rodney Street from 10:00am to 2:00pm today. The forum will look at strategies to prevent diabetes and there'll be a range of other healthy events including guest speakers, a cooking demonstration, line dancing, a tai chi demo, lunch and plenty of static displays. Everyone is welcome and admission is free. You can also get the full program of the day's activities on our website.
Social Tennis Day - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy & District Tennis Association will be holding a social tennis day at their courts in Oliver Bond Street, Kingaroy today, kicking off with a BBQ lunch at 11:00am and following it with tennis matches. They'll also be drawing the raffle of the IPad mini, and today will be the last chance to get in the draw! Everyone is welcome, but BYO racquet.
AFL Senior Presentation Night - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Saints AFL club will be holding their Senior Presentation Night at the Carrollee Hotel in King Street, Kingaroy from 5:00pm until around 11:30pm tonight. Dress is semi-formal and there'll be a $30 per head dinner featuring an alternate drop of roast lamb and fish, plus dessert, along with live music. Note: Dinner guests should RSVP by September 7 to help plan the catering.
Barefoot Bowls - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Young Professionals will be playing barefoot bowls at the Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman Street from 6:00pm until late this evening. This free event will also be offering give aways, free nibbles and lucky door prizes, and there'll be a cash bar, hot chips and pizzas available for purchase, too. All young professionals are welcome.
Butter Factory Park Fundraiser - Nanango
- The Palace Hotel in Drayton Street, Nanango will be welcoming back popular South Burnett band Mr Q from their recent tour in a fundraiser that will run from 7:00pm until later tonight to help build a disability playground at Butter Factory Park. Everyone is welcome and admission is free. More details from the Palace on (07) 4163-1287.
- The Wondai parkrun group will be holding their weekly 5km timed run at Coronation Park in Wondai at 7:00am this morning. Runners follow a course along the South Burnett Rail Trail and the parkrun group is free to join. All you need to do is register (once) online at parkrun.com.au and bring the printed barcode to any parkrun event. More details? Send an email.
Luke Medcalf - Kingaroy
- South Burnett entertainer Luke Medcalf will be performing in the front bar of the Kingaroy Hotel at the corner of Youngman and Haly Streets, Kingaroy from 8:00pm until late tonight. Admission is free. More details from the hotel on (07) 4162-1677.
South Burnett Rail Trail Day Trip
- Noosaville's Outbike Australia will be running a South Burnett Rail Trail Day Trip for cyclists today. The day trip will pick up participants at Noosa, Noosaville and Gympie and will offer three options: an easy ride from Kingaroy to Murgon (45km sealed); a hard ride from Murgon to Kilkivan (45km unsealed); and an extreme 90km ride from Kingaroy to Kilkivan. Bus fares are $120 return from Noosa, and bikes can be hired for $20 if you don't have your own. South Burnett locals are also welcome to take part, and there's $40 rider and bike transfers from Kilkivan to Kingaroy available if you need help getting back home. More details? Phone Outbike on 0406-440-418.
Dance - Booie Hall
- A dance will be held at Booie Hall at 1867 Booie Road, Booie from 8:00pm until late tonight. Old Time dance music will be supplied by the Joytimes and there'll be a great supper, novelties and a lucky door prize, too. Admission is $10 for adults, or $5 for high school students and non-dancers. Everyone is welcome - especially younger people - and you can find out more by phoning Marie on 0439-794-027.
Men's Saturday Bowls - Yarraman
- The Yarraman Bowls Club in Margaret Street, Yarraman will be holding their weekly Men's Lawn Bowls games from 9:30am this morning. New players are always welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-8269.
Saturday, 15 September 2018