On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Thursday, 15 August 2019
Scots In The Bush - Boondooma
- The first day of this year's four-day Scots In The Bush Scottish and Celtic Festival will be held at Boondooma Homestead at 8262 Mundubbera-Durong Road at Boondooma today. The Festival features Scottish pipe bands and dancers, folk singers and poets as well as Scottish food, games and more; and special guests this year include the Ishka Ceilidh Band, Celtic Psychosis, Velcro, Celtic Thunder Oz, the Noosa Pipe Band, Mouldy Haggis, the Rum City Highland Dancers and many others. A licensed bar will be running throughout the event and meals will be available too, as well as on-site camping and Highland games. Tickets for the full four days are $75 per head for adults (which includes a bush camping site) but you can just but a day ticket if you prefer (children under 14 are free). Today the Festival will largely be about setting things up, with walk-up acts in the morning and professional bands tonight. More details? Phone Judy on 0427-364-026. You can also see photos and read more about what last year's Scots In The Bush Festival was like on our website.
- The Nanango Tourism & Development Association will be holding its monthly dinner meeting in the Long Hai Room at the Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 5:30pm tonight. NaTDA aims to assist, foster, instigate and/or manage any project that could contribute to the advancement of the communities in and around Nanango, and represents the interests of the Nanango community, business and tourism operators. All interested people are very welcome to come along and get involved! Afterwards, the meeting will be followed by an informal, optional social dinner at the RSL's bistro. You can obtain more information by phoning Gloria Kirkness on (07) 4163-2848.
Blackbutt Agricultural Society
- The Blackbutt Agricultural Society will be holding their third Thursday of the month meeting at the main pavilion inside the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road at 7:00pm this evening. All interested people are welcome to attend.
Creative Roundtable - Nanango
- The Creative Roundtable will be holding its quarterly meeting at The Shed in Little Drayton Street, Nanango from 5:00pm to around 7:00pm this evening. The Roundtable discusses local arts initiatives - for example, modifying the SBRC's RADF guidelines or developing an Arts Policy for the South Burnett - as well as looking at arts initiatives (eg: the recent projection art workshop in Kingaroy). All people with an interest in the growth and development of local arts are very welcome.
Thursday Night Bingo
- St Joseph's parish will be running Thursday bingo games at the Australian Hotel at the corner of Lamb and Gore Streets, Murgon at 7:30pm this evening. Everyone is welcome, and the proceeds will go to aid worthy local causes. More details? Phone Karen on 0419-676-228.
Social Golf - Blackbutt
- The Blackbutt Golf Club at 51 Langton Road, Blackbutt will be running their weekly Sporters's Club game at 3:00pm this afternoon. This is a 6 hole event and everyone is welcome to come and enjoy a fun game of golf, as well as the chance to win a chook, golf balls or tees. Green fees are $5:00 for adults and $1:00 for children. More details? Phone the golf club on (07) 4163-0180.
Old Time Dancing Classes
- Old Time Dancing will be held at the South Burnett PCYC in Macalister Street, Murgon at 1:00pm to 3:00pm this afternoon. The class caters to all levels from beginners to advanced, all in a fun and social atmosphere lead by a qualified dance instructor. Class fees - which include tea and coffee - are just $4 if you're dancing, or $2 if you're watching. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the PCYC on (07) 4168-1889 or send them an email.
Tai Chi Classes - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Arthritis & Osteoporosis Support Group will be running Tai Chi classes at the Uniting Church Hall in Alford Street, Kingaroy this morning. An intermediate class will run from 9:00am to 10:00am, followed by a beginners class from 10:15am to 11:15am. The classes aim to help relieve pain and improve quality of life, relieve stress, sharpen concentration, and improve balance, posture and mobility. Class fees are $3 for each attendance plus a $20 fee to Arthritis Queensland for insurance. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone June 0419-026-760, Jan 0434-891-600 or Antonia 0431-149-816 (Note: these classes run every week during school terms except for public holidays).
Taras Hall Bingo - Nanango
- Bingo games will be held at Taras Hall immediately next to Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 9:00am this morning (doors open at 9:00am; eyes down at 10:00am sharp). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4163-1375.
Thursday Yoga - Blackbutt
- Yoga classes will be held at the Blackbutt Memorial Hall in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 9:00am to 10:00am this morning. Class fees are $4 and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Pauline on 0437-606-699.
Tai Chi Class - Kumbia
- Kumbia's weekly Tai Chi class will be held in the lunch room at the Kumbia Sports Ground from 8:30am to 9:30am this morning. The class is for beginners and new members are always welcome.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Blackbutt Table Tennis
- The Blackbutt Table Tennis Club will be holding its weekly meeting at the Blackbutt Memorial Hall in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 6:00pm to 9:00pm this evening. The club caters to players of all skill levels and plays singles, doubles and competition matches. New members are very welcome and there's a $5 meeting fee to cover hall hire costs. More details? Phone Warren on (07) 4163-0478 or 0411-103-591
Nanango & District Cricket Club AGM
- The Nanango & District Cricket Club will be holding their Annual General Meeting at the Nanango's Burnett Street sports fields clubhouse from 6:30pm to around 7:30pm this evening. All interested people are welcome to attend.
National Seniors Meeting - Murgon
- The Murgon branch of National Seniors will be holding their fourth bi-monthly meeting for 2019 at the Murgon Bowls Club at 103 Macalister Street, Murgon from 10:00am to around 11:30am this morning. Today is the group's regular meeting and all interested people are welcome. Afterwards, members usually adjourn to the Murgon Services Club for lunch. The group meets on the third Thursday of every second month and run regular bus trips to nearby areas on alternate months. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone Paula on (07) 4168-3114 or (0438) 708-885.
South Burnett Toastmasters
- South Burnett Toastmasters will be holding a meeting in the Anzac Room of Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy at 7:00pm this evening. Toastmasters is a great way to learn how to speak in public and boost your self-confidence, and new members are always very welcome! Meetings are held on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Thursdays of the month. More details? Visit the South Burnett Toastmasters website
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers are available for a modest price to people facing financial difficulties.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Kingaroy
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Kingaroy every Thursday from 7:30pm at the "Biscuit Tin", behind St Mary's Church Hall, 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy. For more information, phone (07) 4162-5747.
Thursday, 15 August 2019