On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Saturday, 15 July 2017
Friendship Markets - Kingaroy
- The third Saturday of the month Friendship Markets will be held at the Cheers Triangle end of the Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 7:00am to around 12:00pm today. The markets are jointly run by the Kingaroy Rotary Club and Kingaroy Show Society and they feature a great array of arts, crafts, fruit and flower stalls. New stallholders are always very welcome! More details? Phone Patrick on 0419-648-754.
Kingaroy QCWA Girls Craft Club
- The Kingaroy QCWA Girls Craft Club will be holding its third Saturday of the month meeting at the Kingaroy QCWA Rooms at 122 Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy from 1:00pm to 4:00pm this afternoon. The club - which is for young girls aged 10 and above - teaches basic life skills like sewing, embroidery, healthy cooking and catering. The cost is $2 a day plus a small charge for materials used, and all young girls and teens are very welcome. More details? Phone Marilyn on (07) 4162-2697 or Lois on (07) 4162-3824.
Seafood Smorgasbord - Wondai
- Dimities Cottage at 49 Haly Street in Wondai will be holding another of their popular monthly all-you-can-eat Seafood Buffets from 6:30pm this evening (dinner starts at 7:00pm). The Buffet features all your favourite hot and cold seafoods fresh from the trawlers, as well as non-seafood dishes, desserts, tea and coffee. Cost is $40 per head (BYO) and since these dinners are nearly always a sell-out, bookings are essential if you want to be sure of a seat: (07) 4168-5744
Just Friends - Kingaroy
- Popular entertainers Just Friends will be performing at the Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy from 7:00pm until late tonight. Admission is free. More details from the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Bowls Club Bingo - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman St, Kingaroy will be running bingo matches from 7:30pm this evening with over $1000 in prizes on offer. More details from the club on (07) 4162-1404
- The Wondai parkrun group will be holding their weekly 5km timed run at Coronation Park in Wondai at 7:00am this morning. Runners follow a course along the South Burnett Rail Trail and the parkrun group is free to join. All you need to do is register (once) online at parkrun.com.au and bring the printed barcode to any parkrun event. More details? Send an email.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at the old railway station building at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston for its regular Saturday morning meeting today, kicking off with a cuppa at 9:00am. The meeting will run until around noon, and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Geoff on 0439-694-000.
Saturday Soccer - Wondai and Kingaroy
- The South Burnett's 2017 soccer season will hold its 12th round in Wondai and Kingaroy today. In Wondai, home team Barambah will play Wests at the Wondai Soccer Fields off the Bunya Highway just north of Wondai Sportsgrounds, with 1st Division hitting the park at 12:30pm, Women's Division at 2:00pm and 2nd Division at 3:15pm. And in Kingaroy, Gunners will play their arch rivals Nanango at Tom Alford Oval in Oliver Bond Street, with 2nd Division kicking off at 2:00pm, Women's Division at 3:30pm and 1st Division under lights at 5:00pm. Admission to view the matches is free, and a canteen will be running at both venues. Spectators are very welcome!
Nanango Netball Association Trivia Night
- The Nanango & Districts Netball Association will be holding their annual Trivia Night at the Nanango Cultural Centre in George Street, Nanango from 6:00pm until late tonight. Bookings are $80 per table (minimum 8 players, maximum 10) are can be made by phoning Sally on 0439-215-237.
Wondai ALP AGM And Branch Meeting
- The Wondai branch of the ALP will be holding their Annual General Meeting at the Hotel Cecil at 58 Mackenzie Street in Wondai from 11:00am this morning. The AGM will be conducted first, then there'll be a recess for lunch, followed by the branch's normal monthly meeting. All members are encouraged to attend. Any non-members who'd like to attend as a guest are welcome, too, but will need to contact Ritchie on 0447-733-088 or email him beforehand.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding their Saturday meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Peter Shurley - Murgon
- Peter Shurley will be performing in concert at the New Horizons Church at 15292 Bunya Highway, Murgon at 7:00pm this evening. There's no admission charge but an offering will be taken up to defray expenses. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone 0402-473-000.
At The Wineries
- Three of the South Burnett's wineries will be open for lunch today. At Moffatdale, Moffatdale Ridge will have their cellar door verandah cafe open for light meals and snacks from 10:00am to 4:00pm. And in Kingaroy, Cranes Winery and Kingsley Grove will be open the same hours, serving up wines and platters (at Cranes) and wines, cheese platters and wood-fired pizzas (at Kingsley Grove). You can find out more about all three wineries (including location maps and phone numbers) on South Burnett Wine.
Kate Eckersall - Blackbutt
- Entertainer Kate Eckersall will be singing and playing the ukuele at the Bunya Nut Bistro (just next to the Bunya Nut Cafe) in Coulson Street, Blackbutt from 5:00pm until late tonight. You can book a table by phoning (07) 4163-0375.
Brisbane Festival Male Voice Choir - Kingaroy
- The Brisbane Festival Male Voice Choir will be performing in concert at Kingaroy Town Hall in Glendon Street at 2:30pm this afternoon.
Gem Fossicking Club Meeting - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Gem and Fossicking Club will be holding their monthly meeting at 44 Alford Street, Kingaroy at 9:30am this morning. New members are very welcome.
Stressbusters Craft Morning - Nanango
- A free craft morning for women run by Nanango's Stressbusters will be held at the Uniting Church Hall in Gipps Street, Nanango from 10:00am this morning. All craft materials will be supplied or you can bring your own project to work on, and morning tea will be available as well. More details? Phone 0438-799-686.
Tyson Clancy Jones - Kingaroy
- DJ Tyson Clancy Jones will be entertaining at the Kingaroy Hotel-Motel opposite McDonalds from 7:00pm until late tonight. Admission is free. More details from the hotel on (07) 4162-1677
Saturday, 15 July 2017