On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Friday, 14 September 2018
25th Annual QRRRWN State Conference - Kingaroy
- The first full day of the 25th annual QRRRWN State Conference will be held at Kingaroy Town Hall from 6:00am to around 12:00pm tonight. The conference is held in a different Queensland town each year, and this year it's being held in Kingaroy where QRRRWN was founded a quarter of a century ago. Today's activities will focus on talks and workshops, and will be capped off by a Gala Dinner that will run from 6:00pm. You can obtain the full 2018 conference program on QRRRWN's website.
South Burnett Autism Support Group - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Autism Support Group will be holding its first Friday of the month meeting at SB Care opposite Super IGA in Avoca Street, Kingaroy at 7:00pm this evening. New members are always welcome! More details? Phone Jenni on (07) 4171-0096 or Jenny on (07) 4164-1107
Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 10:00am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be four jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Ladies Night At The Movies - Kingaroy
- A special ladies-only screening of the new Australian movie Ladies In Black will be held at Kingaroy's Satellite Cinema from 6:00pm to 9:00pm this evening. For $20 per head, guests can indulge in complimentary champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries in the Event Room before moving into one of the cinemas for the screening. More details? Bookings? Phone Carol on 0421-793-860.
Curry Night - Kingaroy
- Kingsley Grove Estate winery at 49 Stuart Valley Drive off the Bunya Highway south-west of Kingaroy will be holding a Curry Night from 6:00pm to 11:00pm at their cellar door. For $30 per head, guests at this licensed event can get to enjoy a buffet of home-made curries including Chicken Tikka Masala, Sag Aloo, Lamb Rogan Josh, Beef Rendang and Goan Pork Vindaloo, along with pilau rice along with poppadums, woodfired flat bread and raita. Children are welcome too, and for $20 can enjoy either curries of wood-fired pizza, plus soft drink and ice-cream. Places are limited, though, so a booking is advisable: 0414-230-128
Kingaroy QCWA Meeting
- The Kingaroy branch of the QCWA will be holding their regular second Friday of the month meeting at the QCWA Rooms in Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy (just next to Kingaroy RSL) from 9:30am to around 12:00 noon this morning. The day will kick off with coffee and chats - the meeting itself starts at 10:00am - and visitors and potential new members are always very welcome. More details? Phone Lois on 0407-965-094.
Friday Night At The Shed - Nanango
- The Shed in Little Drayton Street, Nanango (just next to the Scott Car Park) will be open from 7:30pm until late tonight for local musicians and anyone else who enjoys music to come along, bring their instruments and jam in a relaxed and informal setting (or just sit on the Shed's lounges, listen in and enjoy the wide variety of talent on offer). The Shed fires up every Friday night, has no admission charge and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Jane on 0400-631-677.
Chrissy Lauder - Nanango
- Popular South Burnett entertainer Chrissy Lauder will be performing at the Palace Hotel in Drayton Street, Nanango from 7:30pm until later tonight. Admission is free. More details from the hotel on (O7) 4163-1287.
Friday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games on the third green at the rear of the Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 3:00pm this afternoon. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Friday Afternoon Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. More details from the club on (07) 4168-9367.
Art With Lyn - Nanango
- Creative Connections at 8 George Street in Nanango will be hosting art classes with artist Lyn Felsman from 10:00am to 1:00pm today. Tuition fees are $15 per person - which includes morning tea - and participants should BYO art supplies and project. To book, phone Lyn on 0421-679-258.
Friday Afternoon Scroungers - Nanango
- The Nanango Bowls Club in Henry Street will be holding their regular Friday Afternoon Scroungers matches at 4:00pm today. A $5 match fee applies and new players are very welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-3363.
Advanced Tai Chi - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Arthritis & Osteoporosis Support Group will be running an advanced Tai Chi class at SBcare at the corner of Avoca and Kingaroy Streets in Kingaroy from 9:00am to 10:00am this morning. The classes aim to help relieve pain and improve quality of life, relieve stress, sharpen concentration, and improve balance, posture and mobility. Class fees are $3 for each attendance plus a $20 fee to Arthritis Queensland for insurance. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone June 0419-026-760, Jan 0434-891-600 or Antonia 0431-149-816 (Note: these classes run every week during school terms except for public holidays).
Cuppa And Chat Group - Kingaroy
- The Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am this afternoon. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
TGIF And DJDirex - Kingaroy
- TGIF with DJdirex will be performing in the beer garden of the Commercial Hotel at the corner of Haly and Glendon Streets, Kingaroy from 8:00pm until late tonight. Admission is free. More details from the hotel on (07) 4162-1380.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers will be available for $20.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone Joan on (0427) 496-684 or Ruth on (0447) 812-789. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact Joanne or Ruth about this too, or visit the website.
Friday, 14 September 2018