On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Thursday, 13 June 2019
Queensland Winter Craft Festival - Kingaroy
- The Queensland Winter Craft Festival will be running throughout June and July at the Kingaroy Regional Art Gallery in Haly Street, Kingaroy (opposite the peanut silos). The Gallery will be hosting exhibitions from a number of South Burnett craft groups each month, and it will also be running a daily program of workshops covering everything from pom-pom and rug making to Kumihimo braiding, spinning and weaving, woodcrafts, dichroic glass and more. The Craft Festival is the most extensive event of its kind in Queensland, and you can get the full program of this month's workshops and craft-related activities as a PDF by clicking here. More details? Phone the Gallery on (07) 4189-9323.
Yarraman Over 50s Club
- The Yarraman Over 50s Club will be holding their regular second Thursday of the month meeting at Kitty Cook House in Emmett Street. Yarraman from 9:30am this morning. The Over 50s Club is an active social group with around 40 members and meeting days can include activities such as cards, exercises, and choir practice, as well as lunch. The group also organise occasional bus trips. New members are always very welcome, and you can obtain more details by phoning Dale on (07) 4163-8375.
Social Golf - Blackbutt
- The Blackbutt Golf Club at 51 Langton Road, Blackbutt will be running their weekly Sporters's Club game at 3:00pm this afternoon. This is a 6 hole event and everyone is welcome to come and enjoy a fun game of golf, as well as the chance to win a chook, golf balls or tees. Green fees are $5:00 for adults and $1:00 for children. More details? Phone the golf club on (07) 4163-0180.
MBDA Breakfast Meeting - Murgon
- The Murgon Business and Development Association will be holding its monthly meeting at the Royal Hotel at the corner of Gore and Lamb Streets in Murgon at 6:30am this morning (entry is via Gore Street). The MBDA represents the interests of the businesses and community of Murgon and districts, and monthly meetings discuss new developments in the area and community projects the group are undertaking or considering. Breakfast is $19 per head and an RSVP to Margaret on (07) 4168-2922 by 3:00pm on Wednesday, June 12, would be greatly appreciated for catering purposes. All interested people are very welcome to attend.
South Burnett Cake Decorating Association
- The South Burnett Cake Decorating Association will be holding their monthly meeting in The Studio at the Wondai Regional Art Gallery on the roundabout in Wondai from 9:30am to around 1:30pm today. Anyone with an interest in learning more about this fascinating art is very welcome. More details? Phone Gloria on (07) 4168-1952 or send her an email.
St Joseph's Bingo - Murgon
- St Joseph's Parish Hall in Angel Avenue, Murgon will be hosting bingo games from 7:30pm this evening. There'll be $1000 in prizes on offer as well as a canteen and lucky bingo tickets. Proceeds will go to aid St Joseph's school and community works.
Tai Chi Classes - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Arthritis & Osteoporosis Support Group will be running Tai Chi classes at the Uniting Church Hall in Alford Street, Kingaroy this morning. An intermediate class will run from 9:00am to 10:00am, followed by a beginners class from 10:15am to 11:15am. The classes aim to help relieve pain and improve quality of life, relieve stress, sharpen concentration, and improve balance, posture and mobility. Class fees are $3 for each attendance plus a $20 fee to Arthritis Queensland for insurance. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone June 0419-026-760, Jan 0434-891-600 or Antonia 0431-149-816 (Note: these classes run every week during school terms except for public holidays).
Taras Hall Bingo - Nanango
- Bingo games will be held at Taras Hall immediately next to Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 9:00am this morning (doors open at 9:00am; eyes down at 10:00am sharp). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4163-1375.
Tai Chi Class - Kumbia
- Kumbia's weekly Tai Chi class will be held in the lunch room at the Kumbia Sports Ground from 8:30am to 9:30am this morning. The class is for beginners and new members are always welcome.
Thursday Yoga - Blackbutt
- Yoga classes will be held at the Blackbutt Memorial Hall in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 9:00am to 10:00am this morning. Class fees are $4 and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Pauline on 0437-606-699.
Kingaroy Community Kitchen
- The Kingaroy Community Kitchen will be holding its regular Thursday morning meeting at St Mary's Hall at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 9:30am to around 1:00pm today. Community Kitchen members learn how to cook a variety of budget conscious home-cooked meals, then sit down together for a communal lunch afterwards to enjoy the results for the cost of a gold coin donation. New members are always welcome! More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Kumbia Community Morning Tea
- Kumbia's monthly Community Morning Tea will be held at 10:00am this morning at the Kumbia QCWA rooms in Bell Street. Everyone is welcome along to this free get-together for residents who live in and around the Kumbia area, and you can enjoy some laughs and a great morning tea at no charge.
Proston Round Table Meeting
- The Proston Round Table will be holding its monthly meeting at the Proston Cultural Centre in Rodney Street at 6:00pm tonight, along with a sausage sizzle provided by the Proston Men's Shed. Anyone with ideas about projects that will improve the town or news about their current or planned future projects is very welcome.
South Burnett Ag Network - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Ag Network will be holding its quarterly meeting at the Kingaroy Town Hall Supper Room in Glendon Street, Kingaroy from 5:30pm (for a complimentary dinner) followed by the meeting from 6:00pm to around 8:00pm this evening. Tim Emery from Tropical Beef Technology Services will explain how to use herd recording as a decision making tool to maximise profit for farming enterprises. For catering purposes, an RSVP to BIEDO on 0400-695-456 by 5:00pm on Wednesday, June 12 is required. Note: An earlier version of this listing advised the venue for the meeting was the DAF Kingaroy Research Station.
Grant Writing Workshop - Murgon
- BOOKED OUT: BIEDO will be holding a grant writing workshop at their offices at 80 Gore Street, Murgon from 9:00am to 11:30am this morning. The workshop is free and morning tea will be provided, but spaces are limited. You can reserve one by phoning 0400-695-456
Old Time Dancing Classes
- Old Time Dancing will be held at the South Burnett PCYC in Macalister Street, Murgon at 1:00pm to 3:00pm this afternoon. The class caters to all levels from beginners to advanced, all in a fun and social atmosphere lead by a qualified dance instructor. Class fees - which include tea and coffee - are just $4 if you're dancing, or $2 if you're watching. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the PCYC on (07) 4168-1889 or send them an email.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers are available for a modest price to people facing financial difficulties.
Thursday, 13 June 2019