On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Thursday, 12 September 2019
Heritage Nanango Country Music Muster
- The 2019 Heritage Nanango Country Music Muster will be held at the Nanango Showgrounds in Cairns Street, Nanango from September 12-15, and today it will get underway in a low-key fashion as guests file into Nanango from all over south-east Queensland to set up camp and prepare for a long weekend of country music fun. The 2019 Muster will kick off with a Walk Up Artists Concert which will start at 6:00pm and continue until around 10:00pm tonight. You can get in to attend today's concert for free, but tomorrow the fee will be $20; an all-day Saturday pass will be $35 or $20 if you come after 3:00pm; or you can buy a 4-day pass to the entire event for $50 (young people aged 14 to 17 can get tickets for half price, and under-14s accompanied by an adult can get in for free). Camping will also be available at the Showgrounds and fees range between $7 and $9 per night for unpowered or powered sites - but a booking for any camp site is essential because the Muster usually packs the Showgrounds to capacity. You can make one and/or get more details about this year's event on the Nanango Show Society's website or by phoning the Show Society on (07) 4163-1273.
R U OK Community March - Cherbourg
- Today is RUOK Day - a day to ask people if they're OK - and Cherbourg will be marking it with a Community March from the Cherbourg Community Hall at 9:30am. The march will be followed by giveaways, guest speakers and a community BBQ, and everyone is welcome.
R U OK Sausage Sizzle - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Suicide Prevention Working Group in conjunction with Lives Lived Well will be hosting an R U OK sausage sizzle from 7:00am to 9:30am today in the Kingaroy Town Hall Forecourt. The Kingaroy Men's Shed will be doing the cooking and cost is a gold coin donation. Everyone is welcome!
R U OK Dessert Night - Kingaroy
- An R U OK Dessert Night will be held at St Mary's Parish Hall at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 6:00pm to 9:00pm this evening. Guests at this free event should bring along a dessert to share, and in exchange they can get to enjoy be live music and lots of people asking R U OK? Everyone is welcome!
MBDA Breakfast Meeting - Murgon
- The Murgon Business and Development Association will be holding its monthly meeting at the Royal Hotel at the corner of Gore and Lamb Streets in Murgon at 6:30am this morning (entry is via Gore Street). The MBDA represents the interests of the businesses and community of Murgon and districts, and monthly meetings discuss new developments in the area and community projects the group are undertaking or considering. Breakfast is $19 per head and an RSVP to Margaret on (07) 4168-2922 by 3:00pm on Wednesday, September 11, would be greatly appreciated for catering purposes. All interested people are very welcome to attend.
Tai Chi Classes - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Arthritis & Osteoporosis Support Group will be running Tai Chi classes at the Uniting Church Hall in Alford Street, Kingaroy this morning. An intermediate class will run from 9:00am to 10:00am, followed by a beginners class from 10:15am to 11:15am. The classes aim to help relieve pain and improve quality of life, relieve stress, sharpen concentration, and improve balance, posture and mobility. Class fees are $3 for each attendance plus a $20 fee to Arthritis Queensland for insurance. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone June 0419-026-760, Jan 0434-891-600 or Antonia 0431-149-816 (Note: these classes run every week during school terms except for public holidays).
Taras Hall Bingo - Nanango
- Bingo games will be held at Taras Hall immediately next to Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 9:00am this morning (doors open at 9:00am; eyes down at 10:00am sharp). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4163-1375.
Thursday Yoga - Blackbutt
- Yoga classes will be held at the Blackbutt Memorial Hall in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 9:00am to 10:00am this morning. Class fees are $4 and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Pauline on 0437-606-699.
Tai Chi Class - Kumbia
- Kumbia's weekly Tai Chi class will be held in the lunch room at the Kumbia Sports Ground from 8:30am to 9:30am this morning. The class is for beginners and new members are always welcome.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Blackbutt Table Tennis
- The Blackbutt Table Tennis Club will be holding its weekly meeting at the Blackbutt Memorial Hall in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 6:00pm to 9:00pm this evening. The club caters to players of all skill levels and plays singles, doubles and competition matches. New members are very welcome and there's a $5 meeting fee to cover hall hire costs. More details? Phone Warren on (07) 4163-0478 or 0411-103-591
Entrepreneurship Facilitators - Proston and Murgon
- Ever wanted to open your own business but don't know where to start? Entrepreneurship Facilitators (a Government-funded program) will be providing one-on-one assistance on how to go about setting up a new business at the Proston Library in Blake Street, Proston between 10:00am and noon this morning, and again at BIEDO's offices next to Murgon Town Hall in Gore Street, Murgon between 1:00pm and 3:00pm this afternoon. The service is free but an appointment is necessary. You can make one by phoning Jason on 0455-554-668.
Kumbia Community Morning Tea
- Kumbia's monthly Community Morning Tea will be held at 10:00am this morning at the Kumbia QCWA rooms in Bell Street. Everyone is welcome along to this free get-together for residents who live in and around the Kumbia area, and you can enjoy some laughs and a great morning tea at no charge.
Yarraman Over 50s Club
- The Yarraman Over 50s Club will be holding their regular second Thursday of the month meeting at Kitty Cook House in Emmett Street. Yarraman from 9:30am this morning. The Over 50s Club is an active social group with around 40 members and meeting days can include activities such as cards, exercises, and choir practice, as well as lunch. The group also organise occasional bus trips. New members are always very welcome, and you can obtain more details by phoning Dale on (07) 4163-8375.
Old Time Dancing Classes
- Old Time Dancing will be held at the South Burnett PCYC in Macalister Street, Murgon at 1:00pm to 3:00pm this afternoon. The class caters to all levels from beginners to advanced, all in a fun and social atmosphere lead by a qualified dance instructor. Class fees - which include tea and coffee - are just $4 if you're dancing, or $2 if you're watching. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the PCYC on (07) 4168-1889 or send them an email.
Thursday Night Bingo
- St Joseph's parish will be running Thursday bingo games at the Australian Hotel at the corner of Lamb and Gore Streets, Murgon at 7:30pm this evening. Everyone is welcome, and the proceeds will go to aid worthy local causes. More details? Phone Karen on 0419-676-228.
Social Golf - Blackbutt
- The Blackbutt Golf Club at 51 Langton Road, Blackbutt will be running their weekly Sporters's Club game at 3:00pm this afternoon. This is a 6 hole event and everyone is welcome to come and enjoy a fun game of golf, as well as the chance to win a chook, golf balls or tees. Green fees are $5:00 for adults and $1:00 for children. More details? Phone the golf club on (07) 4163-0180.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers are available for a modest price to people facing financial difficulties.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Kingaroy
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Kingaroy every Thursday from 7:30pm at the "Biscuit Tin", behind St Mary's Church Hall, 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy. For more information, phone (07) 4162-5747.
Thursday, 12 September 2019