On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Saturday, 10 August 2019
Wooroolin Community Markets
- The Wooroolin Community Markets will be held inside the Wooroolin QCWA Rooms on the Bunya Highway at Wooroolin from 6:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets offer stalls, a sausage sizzle, fresh produce, plants and crafts and are run on the 2nd Saturday of every month except January. Stall fees are just $7.50 and new stallholders are always welcome. More details? Phone Janice on 0439-073-160 or send her an email.
Dance - Booie Hall
- A dance will be held at Booie Hall at 1226 Booie Road, Booie from 7:30pm until late tonight. Old Time dance music will be supplied by Diamonds and there'll be a great supper, novelties and a lucky door prize, too. Admission is $10 for adults, or $5 for high school students and non-dancers. Everyone is welcome - especially younger people - and you can find out more by phoning Marie on 0439-794-027.
Bush Bash Car Rally - Benarkin
- The second day (and main public day) of the annual Bush Bash Car Rally will be held at Benarkin State School and the Benarkin Forestry area today before it concludes tomorrow. The event is a fundraiser for Benarkin State School's P&C and special viewing areas will be set up near the school today so spectators can watch the cars in action, as well as get stuck into food and refreshments if hunger or thirst erupt. Everyone is welcome and there's no admission charge.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at the old railway station building at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston for its regular Saturday morning meeting today, kicking off with a cuppa at 9:00am. The meeting will run until around noon, and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Geoff on 0439-694-000.
Byte Nite - Murgon
- The South Burnett PCYC in Macalister Street, Murgon will be hosting a Byte Nite from 7:00pm to around 11:00pm tonight for Murgon and Cherbourg youngsters. Children can play a range of fun and entertaining games and pursue other amusements for free during the course of the night, as well as get a free meal and a ride home afterwards if they need one, all under the supervision of caring local volunteers. Byte Nite is an initiative of the PCYC and Murgon Business and Development Association to tackle youth crime in the district by giving youngsters something to do on a Saturday night, and anyone who'd like to volunteer to help this community-driven initiaitive in any way should contact Acting Sgt Rene Bond at the PCYC on (07) 4168-1889 for more information.
Amber Goldsmith At The Palace - Nanango
- Popular South Burnett country artist Amber Goldsmith will be performing at the Palace Hotel in Drayton Street, Nanango from 7:30pm until late tonight, performing an upbeat mix of classic covers and originals. Admission is free. More details from Beau at the hotel on (07) 4163-1287.
Kingaroy Bowls Club Bingo
- The Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman St, Kingaroy will be running bingo matches from 7:30pm this evening with over $1000 in prizes on offer. More details from the club on (07) 4162-1404
- The Wondai parkrun group will be holding their weekly 5km timed run at Coronation Park in Wondai at 7:00am this morning. Runners follow a course along the South Burnett Rail Trail and the parkrun group is free to join. All you need to do is register (once) online at parkrun.com.au and bring the printed barcode to any parkrun event. More details? Send an email.
Blackbutt Helping Hands
- Blackbutt's Helping Hands group - who provide emergency food relief and other assistance to those doing it tough - will be open at St John's Anglican Church in Gladys Street, Blackbutt from 9:00am to 11:00am this morning. More details? Phone Davina on 0409-271-308
Cooyar Spit Roast
- The Cooyar Hotel on the New England Highway at Cooyar will be holding a Spit Roast Night with live music in their Outback Bar behind the pub from 6:30pm until late tonight. The cost is just $20 per head for a great two-course winter feed, but seating is limited so a booking is a must: (07) 4692-6185. There's also free camping nearby if you'd like to stay over.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Kingaroy QCWA 97th Birthday
- The Kingaroy QCWA are celebrating the branch's 97th birthday at their rooms in Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy (just next to Kingaroy RSL) from 9:30am until noon this morning by offering great Devonshire teas for just $3 and giving free scone making demonstrations. A 97th birthday cake will also be cut during the morning; Bundaberg Scone cookbooks will be on sale; and the general public are invited to bring along their favourite scone recipe bring to share, too. Everyone is welcome! PS: The branch's official 97th birthday falls on August 22, but the branch are celebrating it a bit early because a warm scone on a cold day is the best way to chase the Winter blues away.
Junior Cricket Coaching Clinic - Nanango
- The Nanango District Cricket Club will be running the first day of a two-day Junior Cricket Coaching Clinic at the Nanango sportsgrounds in Burnett Street, Nanango from 8:00am to 5:00pm today (and also tomorrow). Coaching will be provided for two age groups - 8-12 years and 13-16 years - in two different grades (Foundation and Specialist) and fees are $50 per player for 8 hours of coaching. More details? Phone Brett on 0407-373-735
Misfitz and DJdirex - Kingaroy
- Popular South Burnett duo Misfitz will be performing at the Commercial Hotel at the corner of Glendon and Haly Streets in Kingaroy from 7:30pm to around 10:00pm tonight, after which DJ Direx will be spinning the platters until late. Admission is free. More details from the hotel on (07) 4162-1380.
MC Rabbs - Kingaroy
- MC Rabbs will be performing at the Kingaroy Hotel-Motel at the corner of Haly and Youngman Streets, Kingaroy from 9:30pm to 1:30am tonight. Admission is free. More details from the hotel on (07) 4162-1677.
Footsteps - Kingaroy
- Entertainers Footsteps will be performing at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy from 7:00pm to around 11:00pm tonight. Admission is free. More details from the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Saturday Rugby League - Wondai, Murgon and Cherbourg
- It may be Ekka weekend but nothing stops rugby league, and the local competition will be played at Wondai, Murgon and Cherbourg today as normal. In Wondai it'll be all juniors, with Wondai playing Nanango in U6s at 10:00am; U8s at 10:45am; U10s at 11:30am; U12s at 12:15pm; U11s at 1:00pm and U14s at 1:45pm at the Wondai Sportsgrounds on the Bunya Highway north of the CBD. In Murgon, the Mustangs will be playing against teams from Kingaroy and the Central Burnett at the Murgon Showgrounds in Macalister Street, with U6s and U8s on the field at 9:00am; U7s/U9s at 9:50am; U10s at 10:30am; U12s at 11:20am; and U11s at 12:10pm. This will be followed by an U18s match between the South Burnett Eagles and Pittsworth at 1:00pm, then U14s at 2:30pm; and then an A-grade match between Murgon's Mustangs and Wondai's Wolves at 3:30pm. Finally, at Jack O'Chin Oval in Cherbourg, Cherbourg's Hornets will play Kingaroy's Red Ants in U6s/U8s at 10:00am; U10s at 11:00am; and U12s at 12:30pm before an A-grade clash at 1:30m. Canteens will be running at all three venues and spectators are very welcome.
Saturday AFL - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Saints men's team will be playing the Coolaroo Roos at Lyle Vidler Oval next to Beangrowers in Youngman Street, Kingaroy at 2:30pm this afternoon (the women's team will be playing in Toowoomba). A canteen will be operating and spectators are very welcome.
Saturday, 10 August 2019