On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Thursday, 01 November 2018
8th Annual Murgon Music Muster & Bush Dance
- The third day of the 8th annual Murgon Music Muster will be held at the Murgon Showgrounds in Macalister Street today, and will feature a Bush Poet's Breakfast from 7:00am to 9:00am, followed by a walk-up concert that will run from 9:00am to 12:00 noon. Entry to both the breakfast and walk-up concert is free. This evening, things will move up a notch with an Old Time Bush Dance running from 7:00pm until 10:00pm, with live music by Clyde Cameron and Doghouse. Tickets to the dance are $10 for adults and $5 for young people aged 12 to 18 (under 12s are free) and there'll be a Monte Carlo, Lucky Spots and a light supper as well. Alternately, you can buy a 4-day pass which covers tonight's dance plus all the paid entertainment on Friday, Saturday and Sunday for $65 per adult or $32.50 per child. The Muster will continue daily until Sunday, November 4 and you can find out more details about it on the Murgon Music Muster website.
Nanango & District Garden Club Meeting
- The Nanango Garden Club will be holding their regular first Thursday of the month meeting at 10:00am this morning at a property in the Nanango area. New members are always very welcome. More details? More details? Phone Susan on (07) 4171-0619 or send her an email.
South Burnett Cake Decorating Association - Wondai
- The South Burnett Cake Decorating Association will be holding their monthly meeting in The Studio at the Wondai Regional Art Gallery on the roundabout in Wondai from 9:30am to around 1:30pm today. Anyone with an interest in learning more about this fascinating art is very welcome. More details? Phone Gloria on (07) 4168-1952 or send her an email.
Blackbutt & Benarkin Aged Care Association Meeting
- The Blackbutt & Benarkin Aged Care Association will be holding its first Thursday of the month meeting at the Blackbutt Medical Centre at 91 Coulson Street in Blackbutt from 6:00pm to around 8:00pm this evening. New members are very welcome! More details? Email secretary Tracey Snell or phone Jeff Connor on 0448-946-702.
Blackbutt-Yarraman QCWA Meeting
- The Blackbutt-Yarraman QCWA will be holding their first Thursday monthly meeting at the Blackbutt RSL at the corner of Douglas and Muir Streets, Blackbutt at 9:30am this morning. New members and visitors are always very welcome.
Social Golf - Blackbutt
- The Blackbutt Golf Club at 51 Langton Road, Blackbutt will be running their weekly Sporters's Club game at 3:00pm this afternoon. This is a 6 hole event and everyone is welcome to come and enjoy a fun game of golf, as well as the chance to win a chook, golf balls or tees. Green fees are $5:00 for adults and $1:00 for children. More details? Phone the golf club on (07) 4163-0180.
Yarraman Progress Association
- The Yarraman Progress Association - which represents the interests of the Yarraman community - will be holding its regular first Thursday monthly meeting at the Yarraman Community Hall in Browne Street at 6:00pm this evening. New members are always welcome.
South Burnett Toastmasters - Kingaroy
- South Burnett Toastmasters will be holding a meeting in the Anzac Room of Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy at 7:00pm this evening. Toastmasters is a great way to learn how to speak in public and boost your self-confidence, and new members are always very welcome! Meetings are held on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Thursdays of the month. More details? Visit the South Burnett Toastmasters website
Old Time Dancing Classes - Murgon
- Old Time Dancing will be held at the South Burnett PCYC in Macalister Street, Murgon at 1:00pm to 3:00pm this afternoon. The class caters to all levels from beginners to advanced, all in a fun and social atmosphere lead by a qualified dance instructor. Class fees - which include tea and coffee - are just $4 if you're dancing, or $2 if you're watching. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the PCYC on (07) 4168-1889 or send them an email.
Kingaroy Community Kitchen
- The Kingaroy Community Kitchen will be holding its regular Thursday morning meeting at St Mary's Hall at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 9:30am to around 1:00pm today. Community Kitchen members learn how to cook a variety of budget conscious home-cooked meals, then sit down together for a communal lunch afterwards to enjoy the results for the cost of a gold coin donation. New members are always welcome! More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
St Joseph's Bingo - Murgon
- St Joseph's Parish Hall in Angel Avenue, Murgon will be hosting bingo games from 7:30pm this evening. There'll be $1000 in prizes on offer as well as a canteen and lucky bingo tickets. Proceeds will go to aid St Joseph's school and community works.
Tai Chi For Health - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Arthritis & Osteoporosis Support Group will be running Tai Chi classes at the Uniting Church Hall in Alford Street, Kingaroy this morning. An intermediate class will run from 9:00am to 10:00am, followed by a beginners class from 10:15am to 11:15am. The classes aim to help relieve pain and improve quality of life, relieve stress, sharpen concentration, and improve balance, posture and mobility. Class fees are $3 for each attendance plus a $20 fee to Arthritis Queensland for insurance. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone June 0419-026-760, Jan 0434-891-600 or Antonia 0431-149-816 (Note: these classes run every week during school terms except for public holidays).
Taras Hall Bingo - Nanango
- Bingo games will be held at Taras Hall immediately next to Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 9:00am this morning (doors open at 9:00am; eyes down at 10:00am sharp). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4163-1375.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Tai Chi Class - Kumbia
- Kumbia's weekly Tai Chi class will be held in the lunch room at the Kumbia Sports Ground from 8:30am to 9:30am this morning. The class is for beginners and new members are always welcome.
Murgon Community Markets
- The fortnightly Murgon Community Markets will be held at the CWA Hall in Macalister Street, Murgon from 8:30am to 1:30pm today. The markets feature crafts, embroidered items, gifts and homewares, fruit and veg, hot food, sauces, chutneys and jams, flavoured breads and baked goods, scents and hand-crafted knits. Everyone is welcome!
Kingaroy Dance Academy Annual Concert
- Tickets go on sale today for Kingaroy Dance Academy's annual dance concert which will be held on December 1 at the Kingaroy Performing Arts Centre (KPAC) at Kingaroy State High School. They can be bought online at www.kingaroydanceacademy.com. For more information, contact Kirsten on 0423-696-119 or by email
Arts Alive - Murgon
- Murgon State High School students will be presenting Arts Alive in the Diggers Room at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 5:00pm to 7:00pm this evening. This two hour spectacular will feature arts, dance, theatre, music and video created by students, and admission is by gold coin donation. Everyone is welcome.
Cash For Containers Scheme Starts
- The Queensland State Government's "Cash For Containers" scheme will start today, and most common drink containers will rise in price by 10c. These containers will be able to be redeemed for cash or a direct bank deposit at collection points in Kingaroy and Cherbourg (and hopefully at other local places in future as the scheme develops).
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers will be available for $20.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Kingaroy
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Kingaroy every Thursday from 7:30pm at the "Biscuit Tin", behind St Mary's Church Hall, 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy. For more information, phone (07) 4162-5747.
Thursday, 01 November 2018