On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Thursday, 01 August 2019
Art Exhibition Opening - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Regional Art Gallery in Haly Street (opposite the peanut silos) will be officially opening their latest exhibitions from 6:00pm to 8:00pm this evening. This month, the Gallery will be featuring "Sense of Place: My Response to the Namibian Landscape" by artist Shan Wood, and "Your Way and Mine” by the Canvases and Cupcakes art group. Refreshments and wine, tea, coffee and juice will be served, admission is free and everyone is welcome. After tonight's opening, the exhibition will remain on display at the Gallery until August 29.
Blackbutt-Benarkin Aged Care Association
- The Blackbutt & Benarkin Aged Care Association will be holding its first Thursday of the month meeting at the Blackbutt Medical Centre at 91 Coulson Street in Blackbutt from 6:00pm to around 8:00pm this evening. New members are very welcome! More details? Email secretary Tracey Snell or phone Jeff Connor on 0448-946-702.
Nanango & District Garden Club
- The Nanango Garden Club will be holding their regular first Thursday of the month meeting at 10:00am this morning at a property in the Nanango area. New members are always very welcome. More details? More details? Phone Susan on (07) 4171-0619 or send her an email.
Yarraman Progress Association
- The Yarraman Progress Association - which represents the interests of the Yarraman community - will be holding its regular first Thursday monthly meeting at the Yarraman Community Hall in Browne Street at 6:00pm this evening. New members are always welcome.
Blackbutt-Yarraman QCWA Meeting
- The Blackbutt-Yarraman QCWA will be holding their first Thursday monthly meeting at the Blackbutt RSL at the corner of Douglas and Muir Streets, Blackbutt at 9:30am this morning. New members and visitors are always very welcome.
South Burnett Toastmasters
- South Burnett Toastmasters will be holding a meeting in the Anzac Room of Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy at 7:00pm this evening. Toastmasters is a great way to learn how to speak in public and boost your self-confidence, and new members are always very welcome! Meetings are held on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Thursdays of the month. More details? Visit the South Burnett Toastmasters website
Thursday Night Bingo
- St Joseph's parish will be running Thursday bingo games at the Australian Hotel at the corner of Lamb and Gore Streets, Murgon at 7:30pm this evening. Everyone is welcome, and the proceeds will go to aid worthy local causes. More details? Phone Karen on 0419-676-228.
Social Golf - Blackbutt
- The Blackbutt Golf Club at 51 Langton Road, Blackbutt will be running their weekly Sporters's Club game at 3:00pm this afternoon. This is a 6 hole event and everyone is welcome to come and enjoy a fun game of golf, as well as the chance to win a chook, golf balls or tees. Green fees are $5:00 for adults and $1:00 for children. More details? Phone the golf club on (07) 4163-0180.
Old Time Dancing Classes
- Old Time Dancing will be held at the South Burnett PCYC in Macalister Street, Murgon at 1:00pm to 3:00pm this afternoon. The class caters to all levels from beginners to advanced, all in a fun and social atmosphere lead by a qualified dance instructor. Class fees - which include tea and coffee - are just $4 if you're dancing, or $2 if you're watching. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the PCYC on (07) 4168-1889 or send them an email.
Tai Chi Classes - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Arthritis & Osteoporosis Support Group will be running Tai Chi classes at the Uniting Church Hall in Alford Street, Kingaroy this morning. An intermediate class will run from 9:00am to 10:00am, followed by a beginners class from 10:15am to 11:15am. The classes aim to help relieve pain and improve quality of life, relieve stress, sharpen concentration, and improve balance, posture and mobility. Class fees are $3 for each attendance plus a $20 fee to Arthritis Queensland for insurance. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone June 0419-026-760, Jan 0434-891-600 or Antonia 0431-149-816 (Note: these classes run every week during school terms except for public holidays).
Taras Hall Bingo - Nanango
- Bingo games will be held at Taras Hall immediately next to Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 9:00am this morning (doors open at 9:00am; eyes down at 10:00am sharp). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4163-1375.
Thursday Yoga - Blackbutt
- Yoga classes will be held at the Blackbutt Memorial Hall in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 9:00am to 10:00am this morning. Class fees are $4 and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Pauline on 0437-606-699.
Tai Chi Class - Kumbia
- Kumbia's weekly Tai Chi class will be held in the lunch room at the Kumbia Sports Ground from 8:30am to 9:30am this morning. The class is for beginners and new members are always welcome.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
South Burnett Cake Decorating Association
- The South Burnett Cake Decorating Association will be holding their monthly meeting in The Studio at the Wondai Regional Art Gallery on the roundabout in Wondai from 9:30am to around 1:30pm today. Anyone with an interest in learning more about this fascinating art is very welcome. More details? Phone Gloria on 0437-774-238 or send her an email.
Blackbutt Table Tennis
- The Blackbutt Table Tennis Club will be holding its weekly meeting at the Blackbutt Memorial Hall in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 6:00pm to 9:00pm this evening. The club caters to players of all skill levels and plays singles, doubles and competition matches. New members are very welcome and there's a $5 meeting fee to cover hall hire costs. More details? Phone Warren on (07) 4163-0478 or 0411-103-591
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers are available for a modest price to people facing financial difficulties.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Kingaroy
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Kingaroy every Thursday from 7:30pm at the "Biscuit Tin", behind St Mary's Church Hall, 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy. For more information, phone (07) 4162-5747.
Thursday, 01 August 2019