Art Exhibition Opening - Wondai
- The Wondai Regional Art Gallery on the roundabout at Wondai will be opening their latest monthly exhibition for 2022 with a wine and cheese tasting at 6:00pm tonight. This month the gallery will be displaying “Going My Own Way” by Jane Walduck in the front gallery; "From The Outback To The Ocean" by Muriel Patterson in the main gallery; "The Beauty Of Creation" by Kylie Facey in the rear gallery; and works by students from Cloyna and Windera State Schools in Kidz Korner. As usual, tonight's opening will also feature great hot and cold finger foods and punch, along with wine tastings from Clovely Estate, live entertainment and lots of fun socialising. Admission is $5 and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the Gallery on (07) 4168-5926. Note: After tonight's opening the exhibition will remain on show from 10:00am to 4:00pm daily until the end of the month.
Annual KSHS Student Art Exhibition - Kingaroy
- Kingaroy State High School's annual Student Art Exhibition will be officially opened at 5:00pm this afternoon with a ceremony held in the gardens between the 1913 Council Chambers and the Gallery (which is located in Haly Street opposite the peanut silos). The exhibition showcases works executed by the school's students during the past year and usually draws a large crowd of students, parents and teachers. Admission to tonight's opening is by gold coin donation - to cover the cost of refreshments - and afterwards the exhibition will remain on display at the Gallery from 10:00am to 4:00pm Mondays to Fridays and 9:00am to 1:00pm on weekends and public holidays until the end of the month.
Phantom Of The Music Hall - Wondai
- POSTPONED: The Nanango Theatre Company will be presenting a theatre-restaurant production of their latest comedy Phantom Of The Music Hall at Wondai RSL in Mackenzue Street, Wondai at 7:00pm tonight. This three-hour show is set in a music hall at the turn of the century which is haunted by a phantom who doesn't like pantomime. But the music hall's new owner wants to stage a Cinderella pantomime and the cast's efforts to convince the phantom it's really a melodrama are hilarious. Tickets to tonight's show - which includes a two course dinner and an open bar - are $50 per head and they can be booked online. Note: Anther theatre-restaurant performance will be held in Proston tomorrow night. Note: This event has been postponed due to illness in the cast. A new date will be announced in due course.
Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 9:30am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be multiple jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Line Dancing - Yarraman
- Weekly line dancing classes will be held the Community Hall in Browne Street, Yarraman from 9:00am to noon this morning. Class fees are $5 and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone 0422-889-530.
Friday Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. Cold beer and snacks will also be available at the clubhouse from noon, and dinner after 5:30pm (all with appropriate social distancing, of course). More details? Phone 0474-741-822.
Social Cards - Nanango
- A social cards group will be meeting at Nanango Library in Drayton Street, Nanango from 9:30am to around 11:30am this morning to play euchre and chat. The group meets every Friday during school terms and new players are always welcome. More details? Phone Richelle on 0437-224-672.
Friday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the rear of the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 9:00am to around 11:30am this morning. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.