Biosecurity Meeting - Wondai
- The South Burnett Agricultural Network and BIEDO will be hosting a biosecurity meeting at Wondai Town Hall in Mackenzie Street, Wondai from 9:00am to around 11:00am this morning to provide updates about foot and mouth disease and lumpy skin disease. Biosecurity Queensland senior inspector John Higgins will be a special guest speaker at the event, and he'll provide information about the spread of both diseases through SE Asia, prevention measures that have been put in place nationally, and measures that producers can implement on their own properties to minimise the chance of any local outbreaks. The meeting is free.
National ATSI Children's Day - Cherbourg
- Gundoo Day Care in Fisher Street, Cherbourg will be marking National ATSI Children's Day with a fun morning featuring a jumping castle, snow cones, fairy floss, games and face painting from 10:00am onwards today. All children and their parents are welcome.
Taras Hall Bingo - Nanango
- Bingo games will be held at Taras Hall immediately next to Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 8:30am this morning (doors open at 8:30am; eyes down at 9:30am sharp). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4163-1375.
Thursday Night Trivia - Nanango
- Nanango RSL will be holding its weekly Trivia competition from 6:30pm tonight. It's just a gold coin donation to join in and there'll be 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize club vouchers for the winners of each round. The club's kitchen will also be open if you want dinner or a snack. More details? Phone (07) 4163-1375.
Thursday Social Golf - Blackbutt
- The Blackbutt Golf Club at 51 Langton Road in Blackbutt will be running social golf games from 3:00pm this afternoon. For just $5, guests can play six holes in the great outdoors in a relaxing atmosphere. The bar will also be open and pies, mushy peas and potatoes will be available as well. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the club on (07) 4163-0180.
South Burnett Toastmasters
- South Burnett Toastmasters will be holding a meeting in the Anzac Room of Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy at 6:45pm (for a 7:00pm start) this evening. Toastmasters is a great way to learn how to speak in public and boost your self-confidence, and new members are always very welcome! Meetings are held on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Thursdays of the month. More details? Visit the South Burnett Toastmasters website
South Burnett Gem & Fossicking Club
- The South Burnett Gem and Fossicking Club will be holding their regular Thursday meeting at their club's workshop in the shed at the rear of 44 Alford Street, Kingaroy from 8:30am to around 2:30pm today. The club embraces all aspects of lapidary (including gem hunting and cutting) and meets every Monday and Thursday. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone 0491-606-427
Thursday Tai Chi - Nanango
- A Thursday morning Tai Chi class will be held under the shade sails at Ringsfield House's gardens at 41-45 Alfred Street, Nanango at 8:00am this morning. The class is a social group and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Gary on 0487-853-617.
Kilkivan QCWA Meeting
- Kilkivan QCWA will be holding its first Thursday of the month meeting at the QCWA Rooms in Park Street from 10:00am this morning. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone Linda on 0434-709-369 or Debbie on 0410-069-149
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the shed next to the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 8:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers are available for a modest price ($30 to $40) for people facing financial difficulties.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Kingaroy
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Kingaroy every Thursday from 7:30pm at the "Biscuit Tin", behind St Mary's Church Hall, 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy. For more information, phone (07) 4162-5747.