Super Blue Blood Moon
- A Super Blue Blood Moon - a total lunar eclipse occurring when the moon is at its closest point to the earth and gets coloured red by refracted light - will be happening in our skies from 9:48pm to 1:11am tonight. This particular celestial event is so rare it hasn't happened in the South Burnett since 1866 (ie 151 years ago), so it's truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience. The best vantage points will be open, flat ground or any hilltop with a clear view to the north, and preferably away from any bright lights.
Wednesday Morning Bridge - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Bridge Club will be holding their regular Wednesday morning bridge games at the pavilion nearest to town inside the Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street from 9:00am to 1:00pm today. New and visiting players are most welcome (training is available for new players too, if needed) and the $5 meeting fee includes morning tea. More details? Phone Helen on (07) 4162-2128
Indoor Bowls & Cards Day - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Senior Citizens Club will be hosting indoor bowls and cards (500) competitions at its centre on the corner of Avoca and Kingaroy Streets, Kingaroy between 9:00am and 4:00pm today. Indoor bowls competitions commence at 9:00am and cards at around 1:00pm, and the $2 admission includes a cup of tea. Everyone is welcome. For more details phone (07) 4163-6191.
Wednesday Ladies Bowls - Yarraman
- The Yarraman Bowls Club in Margaret Street, Yarraman will be holding their weekly Ladies Bowls games from 9:00am this morning. New players are always welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-8269.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Wednesday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Nanango Country Quilters & Crafts Group
- The Nanango Country Quilters And Crafts group meet every Wednesday at the Nanango Cultural Centre in George Street, Nanango between 9:00am to 2:00pm. Members can get to pursue a wide variety of crafts at these informal gatherings and the $3 meeting fee includes morning tea (but BYO cup and lunch). There's also usually a raffle as well. New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Tricia on (07) 4171-0124.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
- The Wooroolin Scouts meet every Wednesday night during school terms at their den in Kate Street, Wooroolin from 6:00pm to 8:00pm. The troop is open to young people aged 6 to 18, and new members are always welcome.
Murgon Rotary Club Meeting
- The Murgon Rotary Club will be holding their regular Wednesday evening dinner meeting at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 6:30pm onwards tonight (meeting starts at 7:00pm). New members are always welcome! More details? Phone (07) 4168-1180.
Llew O'Brien Mobile Office - Murgon, Goomeri, Kilkivan & Widgee
- Member for Wide Bay Llew O'Brien will be bringing his mobile office to the northern end of the region today to help residents with problems involving the Federal Government. He'll be at BIEDO's office at 80 Gore Street in Murgon at 10:00am; the Goomeri SES shed at noon; the former Kilkivan Shire Council offices in Bligh Street at 1:30pm and the Widgee Community Hall at 3:00pm. Meetings are by appointment and you can book one by phoning 1300-301-968 or (07) 4121-2936.
Ladies Only Night - Maidenwell
- The Maidenwell Trading Post in Poole Street, Maidenwell will be hosting a Ladies Only Night this evening, hosted by Kathy Spaulding from Intimo. For $18 per head, guests can get to enjoy cocktail finger food and a special show of Intimo lingerie (BYO bubbles etc). However, places are limited so a booking is essential: (07) 4164-6166.
Nanango Men's Shed
- The Nanango Men's Shed at the corner of Mt Stanley Road and Heathermore Lane, Nanango will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today. New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Ben on 0491-102-087