Hivesville Country Markets
- The Hivesville Country Markets will be held at the Hivesville Sports Grounds from 7:00am to around 1:00pm today. These family friendly monthly markets are held on the 4th Sunday of every month, and feature a variety of stalls including fresh local farm produce, plants, crafts and lots of food. There'll also be mini auctions running throughout the morning and there's plenty of free parking in the grounds. New stallholders are very welcome too, and you can obtain more details by phoning Trish on 0459-493-511.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertown Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
South Burnett Orchid Society - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Orchid Society will be holding their regular monthly meeting at CTC's rooms at the South Burnett Youth Park in Somerset Street, Kingaroy from 2:00pm to around 3:30pm this afternoon. The Society exists for orchid enthusiasts of all skill levels and meets on the last Sunday of every month except December. New members and visitors are always very welcome. More details? Phone Beryl on (07) 4168-1695 (ahrs), Gary on (07) 4162-8404 (ahrs) or Linda on 0429-634-637
Les Miserables Audition Session - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Musical Comedy Society will be holding rehearsals for adult Les Miserables cast and chorus members this weekend, as well as children aged 8 and over. The production will be performed in May, and auditions will be held at the held at Kingaroy State High School’s S Block Dance Room today (and tomorrow). You can obtain more details on the SMBCS website
At The Wineries
- Three of the South Burnett's wineries will be open for lunch today. At Moffatdale, Moffatdale Ridge will have their cellar door verandah cafe open for light meals and snacks from 10:00am to 4:00pm. And in Kingaroy, Cranes Winery and Kingsley Grove will be open the same hours, serving up wines and platters (at Cranes) and wines, cheese platters and wood-fired pizzas (at Kingsley Grove). You can find out more about all three wineries (including location maps and phone numbers) on South Burnett Wine.
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
Benarkin Forestry Ride
- Horsetrax Oz will be running an easy 12.5km ride through the Benarkin Forestry from 9:00am this morning. The ride will be a good one for intermediate riders or intermediate horses with a few hills but is not suitable for beginners. Riding fees are $20 to cover public liability insurance if you BYO horse, or you can hire a Horsetrax Oz horse and ride a longer 18km trail over 4 hours for $100 (BYO smoko too). Bookings are essential and payment is required prior to the day via Paypal or EFT. More details? Phone Melanie on 0417-634-981.
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
Sunday Golf - Nanango
- The Nanango Golf Club on the D'Aguilar Highway north of the CBD will be running its annual John Golding and Paul Miller Memorial Fun Day today - an event for two person teams. Tee-off time is 10:30am and all players are welcome. More details? Phone the golf club on (07) 4163-1463.