Jonathan Thurston - Kingaroy
- Rugby league legend Jonathan Thurston will be dropping into Kingaroy State High School and St Mary’s Catholic College in Kingaroy today as part of a three-day visit to bring his JT Academy program to the region. And this evening, he will be a special guest at the Kingaroy Chamber Of Commerce's latest six-weekly Meet & Greet, which will be held at the Red Ants clubhouse at T.J. O'Neill Oval in Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 5:15pm onwards. Admission to the Meet & Greet is $10 for KCCI members and $15 for non-members, which includes drinks and nibbles. Tomorrow, the general public can get to meet Jonathon at a free community gathering being held in the Glendon Street Forecourt in Kingaroy from 4:00pm. You can read more about Jonathon's visit and schedule on our website
Yarraman Men's Shed
- The Yarraman Men's Shed at the end of Mill Street, Yarraman will be holding one of its regular get-togethers today. The Men's Shed is open Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays and new members are always welcome. More details? Send them an email
South Burnett Gem & Fossicking Club
- The South Burnett Gem and Fossicking Club will be holding their regular Monday meeting at their club's workshop in the shed at the rear of 44 Alford Street, Kingaroy from 8:30am to around 2:30pm today. The club embraces all aspects of lapidary (including gem hunting and cutting) and meets every Monday and Thursday. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone 0491-606-427
Nanango Men's Shed
- The Nanango Men's Shed at the corner of Mt Stanley Road and Heathermore Lane, Nanango will be open from 8:30am to around 12:30pm today for its regular Monday get-together. The Men's Shed meets most Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays and new members are always welcome! More details? Phone 0491-102-087
Proston SES Training Night
- The Proston SES group will be meeting at their shed at the corner of Collingwood and Nelson Streets in Proston at 5:30pm this evening for their regular weekly training night. New members are very welcome!
Sing Australia - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett branch of the Sing Australia singing group will be holding their regular Monday night meeting at the Uniting Church Hall in Alford Street, Kingaroy (opposite Shoppingworld) from 7:00pm to around 9:00pm this evening. The group have a welcoming, inclusive and fun approach to singing and meet every Monday except for school and public holidays. New members are very welcome, and you can obtain more details by phoning Sharron on (0431) 816-071 or by emailing her.
Wondai SES Training Night
- The Wondai SES will be holding their weekly training night at their shed at 22 McCord Street, Wondai from 6:30pm to around 8:00pm tonight. New members are always welcome! More details? Email Craig
Proston QCWA Crafts Group
- The Proston QCWA Crafts Group will be holding their regular Monday meeting at the Proston QCWA Rooms in Rodney Street from 9:00am today. The group's members pursue a wide variety of crafts and you don't need to be a QCWA member to attend and join in. More details? Phone Eileen on 0429-856-770 or Cheryl on 0409-361-989.
Line Dancing - Yarraman
- Weekly line dancing classes will be held the Community Hall in Browne Street, Yarraman from 9:00am to noon this morning. Class fees are $5 and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone 0422-889-530.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.