- The final day of Kingaroy BaconFest will be held in and around Kingaroy Town Hall in Glendon Street, Kingaroy today, kicking off with Long Table Breakfast in the Town Hall forecourt from 7:00am to 9:00am (now sold out), followed by markets, live music, cooking demonstrations and children's entertainment that will run from 10:00am until 4:00pm. Admission to Baconfest this year is $6 per day or $10 for the weekend, with concessions and family passes available. You can get the full program of events from the BaconFest website (PDF).
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Blackbutt Country Markets
- The Blackbutt Lions Country Markets - run on the third Sunday of every month - will be held at Les Muller Park in Hart Street, Blackbutt from 7:00am until around mid-day today. The markets offer a wide range of locally produced arts, crafts and freshly harvested foodstuffs and everyone is welcome along!
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.