Understanding Soils Workshop - Kumbia
- Independent agricultural consultant David Hall will be presenting a workshop on soil fertility, soil biology and soil health at Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, Kumbia from 8:30-am to around 2:00pm today. The workshop is being jointly funded by National Landcare and the Burnett Catchment Care Association and it will also look at the importance of soil testing, how to interpret soil test results and the latest results from the most recent local testing round. The workshop is free but since smoko and lunch will be provided, registration is essential to help plan the catering. You can book a seat by phoning (07) 4166-3898.
- SOLD OUT: The first day of Kingaroy's Baconfest will get underway in the Kingaroy Town Hall forecourt at 6:00pm this evening with the festival's Wine & Swine Evening, an $80-a-ticket food and wine event that is now sold out. However, the Kevin Bacon Film Festival will be running at the Kingaroy Cinema in Short Street this evening for those who missed out, showcasing the films that made him a star. BaconFest's main days will run in Glendon Street, the Town Hall forecourt and the Town Hall precinct tomorrow and Sunday. You can get the full program of the festival's events from the BaconFest website.
Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 9:30am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be multiple jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Line Dancing - Yarraman
- Weekly line dancing classes will be held the Community Hall in Browne Street, Yarraman from 9:00am to noon this morning. Class fees are $5 and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone 0422-889-530.
Friday Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. Cold beer and snacks will also be available at the clubhouse from noon, and dinner after 5:30pm (all with appropriate social distancing, of course). More details? Phone 0474-741-822.
Social Cards - Nanango
- A social cards group will be meeting at Nanango Library in Drayton Street, Nanango from 9:30am to around 11:30am this morning to play euchre and chat. The group meets every Friday during school terms and new players are always welcome. More details? Phone Richelle on 0437-224-672.
Friday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the rear of the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 9:00am to around 11:30am this morning. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Burger Night - Blackbutt
- Blackbutt RSL at the corner of Douglas and Muir Streets, Blackbutt will be running a burger night from 6:00pm this evening as a fundraiser for Benarkin State School P&C. A great burger and small chips will set you back $8 to help a good cause and everyone is welcome.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.