Hivesville Christmas Carnival
- Hivesville will be holding its annual Christmas Carnival in Anzac Park from 6:00pm to around 8:00pm tonight. The carnival is organised by the Hivesville Progress Association and it will feature a sausage sizzle and light refreshments, live entertainment from the Seventh Day Adventist Church Choir (who'll be performing Christmas carols), a visit from Santa at about 7:00pm and raffle drawings at 8:00pm. Afterwards, the nearby Hivesville Hotel will be offering live music from 8:00pm to 11:00pm. Everyone is welcome!
Art With Lyn - Nanango
- Creative Connections at 8 George Street in Nanango will be hosting art classes with artist Lyn Felsman from 10:00am to 1:00pm today. Tuition fees are $15 per person - which includes morning tea - and participants should BYO art supplies and project. To book, phone Lyn on 0421-679-258.
Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 10:00am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be four jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
South Burnett Chorale Christmas Concert - Kumbia
- The South Burnett Chorale will be giving the second performance of their annual Christmas concert "Born A King" at the Kumbia Memorial Hall in Bell Street, Kumbia at 6:00pm this evening. Admission - which includes supper - is $10 and all proceeds will be donated to the Hall Committee for maintenance. Everyone is welcome! Note: Two final performances will be held tomorrow at the Wondai RSL and Kingaroy Church Of Christ.
Friday Night At The Shed - Nanango
- The Shed in Little Drayton Street, Nanango (just next to the Scott Car Park) will be open from 7:30pm until late tonight for local musicians and anyone else who enjoys music to come along, bring their instruments and jam in a relaxed and informal setting (or just sit on the Shed's lounges, listen in and enjoy the wide variety of talent on offer). The Shed fires up every Friday night, has no admission charge and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Jane on 0400-631-677.
Friday Afternoon Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games on the third green at the rear of the Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 3:00pm this afternoon. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Over 50s Bingo - Proston
- Bingo games will be held at the Community Hall in Rodney Street, Proston this morning, with eyes down at 9:30am. There's a $100 jackpot on offer, and morning tea is available for $2. Over 50s Bingo is held on the first and third Friday of each month and everyone - including Under 50s - is welcome.
Makers, Bakers And Growers Twilight Market - Nanango
- A Makers, Bakers And Growers Twilight Market will be held at 8 George, Nanango (diagonally opposite the Cultural Centre) from 5:30pm to 8:00pm this evening. The markets feature hand-made. home-made and home-grown items and can be a great place to pick up unique Christmas presents. Everyone is welcome!
Christmas Carols - Kingaroy
- Sing Australia will be singing Christmas carols at Kingaroy Hospital's renal unit at 166 Youngman Street between 9:30am and 10:00am this morning, and again between 4:00pm and 4:30pm this afternoon.
Cuppa And Chat Group - Kingaroy
- The Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am this afternoon. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Friday Afternoon Scroungers - Nanango
- The Nanango Bowls Club in Henry Street will be holding their regular Friday Afternoon Scroungers matches at 4:00pm today. A $5 match fee applies and new players are very welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-3363.
Golden Spurs Christmas Party - Proston
- The Golden Spurs Hotel in Blake Street, Proston will be holding their annual Christmas Party from 6:00pm to around 10:30pm this evening. Covers band Miss Leading will be providing the music and Buster's Bar and Grill will be serving up BBQ and roast dinners. Everyone is welcome! More details from the hotel on (07) 4168-9272.
School Holiday Activities - Murgon
- The South Burnett PCYC in Macalister Street, Murgon will be holding a Cupcake Cooking Day today. Fees are $5 per child, which includes cupcake materials. More details? Phone the PCYC on (07) 4168-1889.
Bowls Presentation Night - Wondai
- The Wondai Country Club on the Bunya Highway at Wondai will be holding its annual Bowls Presentation Night from 5:30pm this evening, along with with a BBQ dinner and social bowls. Admission is $10 per person and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Marilyn on 0438-685-126.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers will be available for $20.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone Joan on (0427) 496-684 or Ruth on (0447) 812-789. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact Joanne or Ruth about this too, or visit the website. Note: Today's Pantry is the last for 2017. The South Burnett Pantry will reopen early in the New Year.