Victory In The Pacific Day - Murgon
- Today is Victory In The Pacific Day, which marks the day Japan unconditionally surrendered to the Allies in 1945 after more than three years of war. The Murgon RSL sub-branch will be marking this event with a commemoration service at Murgon's Cenotaph in Lamb Street at 10:00am this morning. All veterans, service personnel and those who wish to honour our armed forces are very welcome to attend.
Wondai SES Training Night
- The Wondai SES will be holding their weekly training night at their shed at 22 McCord Street, Wondai from 6:30pm to around 8:00pm tonight. New members are always welcome! More details? Email Craig
NaTDA Meeting - Nanango
- The Nanango Tourism & Development Association will be holding its monthly dinner meeting in the Long Hai Room at Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 5:00pm (for a 5:30pm start) tonight. NaTDA aims to assist, foster, instigate and/or manage any project that could contribute to the advancement of the communities in and around Nanango, and represents the interests of the Nanango community, business and tourism operators. All interested people are very welcome to come along and get involved! Afterwards, the meeting will be followed by an optional social dinner at the RSL's bistro.
Yarraman Men's Shed
- The Yarraman Men's Shed at the end of Mill Street, Yarraman will be holding one of its regular get-togethers today. The Men's Shed is open Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays and new members are always welcome. More details? Send them an email
Public Meeting - Tingoora
- The South Burnett Regional Council will be holding a public meeting for Tingoora residents at Tingoora State School from 5:30pm this evening to discuss the future of Tingoora Hall. The Hall is decrepit and a danger to the public, but because it was built by a now-defunct Trust it can't be demolished until local residents agree to re-form the Trust committee and give Council permission to do so. By law, the Council must also invest any proceeds from the Hall's demolition and the sale of the land on which it stands into projects that will benefit Tingoora, such as fixing drainage issues that cause problems for some residents every time there's heavy rain. All Tingoora residents are encouraged to attend tonight's meeting to air their views.
Nanango Men's Shed
- The Nanango Men's Shed at the corner of Mt Stanley Road and Heathermore Lane, Nanango will be open from 8:30am to around 12:30pm today for its regular Monday get-together. The Men's Shed meets most Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays and new members are always welcome! More details? Phone 0491-102-087
Proston SES Training Night
- The Proston SES group will be meeting at their shed at the corner of Collingwood and Nelson Streets in Proston at 5:30pm this evening for their regular weekly training night. New members are very welcome!
Line Dancing - Yarraman
- Weekly line dancing classes will be held the Community Hall in Browne Street, Yarraman from 9:00am to noon this morning. Class fees are $5 and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone 0422-889-530.
Proston QCWA Crafts Group
- The Proston QCWA Crafts Group will be holding their regular Monday meeting at the Proston QCWA Rooms in Rodney Street from 9:00am today. The group's members pursue a wide variety of crafts and you don't need to be a QCWA member to attend and join in. More details? Phone Eileen on 0429-856-770 or Cheryl on 0409-361-989.
Line Dancing - Blackbutt
- A line dancing class will be held at the Blackbutt Memorial Hall in Bowman Road, Blackbutt at 7:00pm tonight. Line dancing classes are held every Monday night and Wednesday morning, and new dancers are always welcome.
Sing Australia - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett branch of the Sing Australia singing group will be holding their regular Monday night meeting at the Uniting Church Hall in Alford Street, Kingaroy (opposite Shoppingworld) from 7:00pm to around 9:00pm this evening. The group have a welcoming, inclusive and fun approach to singing and meet every Monday except for school and public holidays. New members are very welcome, and you can obtain more details by phoning Sharron on (0431) 816-071 or by emailing her.
South Burnett Gem & Fossicking Club
- The South Burnett Gem and Fossicking Club will be holding their regular Monday meeting at their club's workshop in the shed at the rear of 44 Alford Street, Kingaroy from 8:30am to around 2:30pm today. The club embraces all aspects of lapidary (including gem hunting and cutting) and meets every Monday and Thursday. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone 0491-606-427
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.